post #6991 of 7806 Old 01-24-2019, 04:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
It's much easier to determine what the founders of America were thinking if you read their writings.

Not saying they ...............

Done editing. It is what it is.

Time to drink.
Agreed, everyone wants to put their own spin on what they think the Constitution means but considerably fewer know anything about how we ended up with it the way it is. You don't even have to read it anymore, you can just sit and listen.

https://librivox.org/the-federalist-...james-madison/
Patriot, RJC2 and TaxmanHog like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6992 of 7806 Old 01-24-2019, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goddom View Post
Highlighted pretty clearly when the CEO of google has to explain that he doesn't make the iphone and how search engines work.
That was hysterically sad. I watched the old men and women embarrass themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goddom View Post
I am not sure what being a Constitutionalist actually means. I guess I would say I am a Constitutionalist in that I believe in the intent of the constitution and think our laws/regulations should reflect that intent. I won't say that democrats or republicans are against the Constitution in any blanket statement. Someone may disagree with how they interpret what the founding fathers meant but that doesn't mean they are anti-constitution.
I won't say I blindly fall in line to either of these categories, but a Constitutionalist can essentially be defined as one who wishes to strip 85% of the powers that the Feral Gov has assumed it has. Protect our citizens and provide for them before anyone else. Secure our sovereignty.
I agree that no one party can be defined as "anti-Constitution" but there are (IMHO) vastly more far left liberals in our government that wish to ignore it than there are far right who wish to do so. Coming from the left, I see how far down that rabbit hole they go. Which is why I realized they no longer share my values as a whole.
john galt, RJC2 and Jake6.0 like this.
post #6993 of 7806 Old 01-24-2019, 06:14 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3107 Post(s)
ok i only have a minute but
just read a thing on fascist book and i am ashamed of my self for not thinking of it
is the reason that the dems are SO desperate to stop the sotu the fact that it is tradition for the supreme court justices to attend.darth vader ginsberg has slept through the last few but as she has not been seen sine 12-26-18....
could it be the demonrats are looking for anyway to keep their activist loaded criminal courts that they are hiding the fact that darth vader ginsberg died and is not sleeping through her duties anymore
Patriot, RJC2, Got Dirt? and 1 others like this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6994 of 7806 Old 01-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
ok i only have a minute but
just read a thing on fascist book and i am ashamed of my self for not thinking of it
is the reason that the dems are SO desperate to stop the sotu the fact that it is tradition for the supreme court justices to attend.darth vader ginsberg has slept through the last few but as she has not been seen sine 12-26-18....
could it be the demonrats are looking for anyway to keep their activist loaded criminal courts that they are hiding the fact that darth vader ginsberg died and is not sleeping through her duties anymore
Or,,, they may be worried that Mad Maxine will jump up and start screaming "Peach fourdy fibe".

2019 Raptor
2001 F250 Platinum Edition, 7.3, Automatic, Superchips tuner.
post #6995 of 7806 Old 01-25-2019, 04:23 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
I think it is because the Dems dont want to hear how well the country (generally) is doing despite the blockade. My curiosity is piqued as to why the president has agreed to delay. The man does nothing without forethought. He may seem impulsive at first glance but is a chess player in reality.
john galt and Got Dirt? like this.
post #6996 of 7806 Old 01-25-2019, 04:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
I think they always keep one or two Justices away for national security, she could be exempted, in the unlikely event terrorists nuke the capitol then we're left with a handful of Sen's/Rep's and Justices to organize continuity of government, scary that it would be fully in her hands though, maybe the new guy (Kavanaugh) should be exempted from appearance, I'd rather he were involved in post apocalypse restoration than her.

I think we're going in the direction of national emergency as the next stop in the Trump train....

john galt and Got Dirt? like this.
post #6997 of 7806 Old 01-25-2019, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Im sorry, I am completely lost. So you think - RBG (you childishly call Ruth Vader Ginsberg? and the Democracts as demonrats? - geez, I wonder why we are so politically divided...) is actually dead? And somehow, the Democrats are able to hide this? The republicans are so inept that they can't figure this out?

Now on to more serious discussion - I think saying the federal government needs to 85% smaller does really make sense - at least without any other information. For one, what do you define as the "government" and what would you like to see made smaller?
iHenry likes this.
post #6998 of 7806 Old 01-25-2019, 06:21 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Quoted: 3235 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Now you take offense to demonrats and Vader Ginsberg (who BTW says she doesn't consider our constitution in her decisions), and you say nothing about the 24/7 negative news coverage of the president of the United States and insinuate our name calling is why we're divided? You can't be serious! The Obamahmed administration used the power of the government to spy on a political rival, Clinton destroyed evidence, the political hacks on the left routinely call the president a racist, a liar and worse. The lame stream news media is a propaganda wing of the democrats as evidenced just this past weekend when they completely ignored the black racists and Phillips lying about the entire encounter along with his military service, and trashed a bunch of innocent HS kids simply because they were white and wore MAGA hats. We're divided because the last administration made it their goal to divide us and the fake news media has been on board all the way.

Sparky

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #6999 of 7806 Old 01-25-2019, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
EVERYTHING in government needs to be smaller. The government should not be the biggest employer in the country. For one thing, it's just not sustainable fiscally.
post #7000 of 7806 Old 01-25-2019, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
The news media is a commercial entity that is catering to its audience. The same can be said about Fox but its the propaganda machine of the right. Its like this because WE - the consumers of the media - let it be that way. Like any business, their main goal is to make money and they do so by drawing audience and getting ad revenue. So yes, I blame interactions like this as the foundation - the media feeds off the devide, but they didn't create the divide. You want to change it - then be informed, stop watching news that just agrees with your position, hold the news to a higher standard and be informed.

Blaming Obama is not true nor does it solve the problem.
iHenry likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to goddom For This Useful Post:
iHenry (03-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
loonspuds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode