5738Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #6961 of 7775 Old 01-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 212 Post(s)
Quoted: 3224 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We could privatize many of the bureaucracies that are shut down, they'r run better and cost less.
john galt, RJC2 and Jake6.0 like this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6962 of 7775 Old 01-22-2019, 04:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Or just leave them shut down
post #6963 of 7775 Old 01-22-2019, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Look into RIF.
At the moment 30 day incremental furloughs is what is happening, I got my second notification today.

Until we completely change fundamental processes such as taxation, then a RIF could occur if we obsolete what we have now, otherwise important nation sustaining work needs to resume otherwise we're going to crash sooner then the track we're already on.

Trust me, you/we do not want private contractors doing this very sensitive work due to intense privacy issues of your personal data involved, experimental contracting out in the past has always shown massive wastes of funds and worse efficiency, at the moment there are four contractors working very low dollar cases, working skip tracing and initial contact, the yield on investment has been poor over the last 12+ months.
iHenry, Patriot, 5.9and6.0 and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6964 of 7775 Old 01-22-2019, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
We could privatize many of the bureaucracies that are shut down, they'r run better and cost less.
Everything that is "shut down" at the moment is by definition non-essential, or it wouldn't be shut down. The only thing on the whole list of affected agencies that gives me a moment's pause is the Coast Guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
Or just leave them shut down
Yes, this. The FFs would roll over in their graves if they knew all the op pies the feds were sticking their fingers in.
john galt likes this.
post #6965 of 7775 Old 01-22-2019, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
I think when the government is big enough to give you everything, they are big enough to take away everything.

It shouldn't be the largest employer in the country
john galt and Jake6.0 like this.
post #6966 of 7775 Old 01-22-2019, 05:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6.0 View Post
Everything that is "shut down" at the moment is by definition non-essential, or it wouldn't be shut down. The only thing on the whole list of affected agencies that gives me a moment's pause is the Coast Guard.

Yes, this. The FFs would roll over in their graves if they knew all the op pies the feds were sticking their fingers in.
For the moment federal income tax deposits are coming into the treasury at a reliable pace at about 98% of prior year, as time goes on this will diminish with out oversight & enforcement. We've got some time to wait before seeing the decline as long as every business stays the course on full compliance.

Return processing needs to occur, currently, the form 940 & 941 will be due by 1/31/2019, though many are filed electronically, a good portion are still filed on paper, clerks are needed to processes these documents, once that deadline passes, form 1120/1065/1041 will be due next, then finally form 1040 by 4/16/2019

The 1040 series returns also come in electronically at about 85% while 15% are processed by clerks, these returns need to be processed timely to ensure prompt payment of refunds about 400 billion in the course of a year. Late payment of refunds incurs credit interest @6% to the taxpayers, this could be a HUGE cost to all taxpayers. Those who owe and don't pay need direct interaction, first by letter (clerks involved) and on occasion direct personal contact by phone, business or home, these enforcement folks (like myself and 30,000 others) ARE NOT considered ~essential~ at the moment, but as the economy begins to suffer that decision could change.

POTUS has committed to this shutdown lasting as long as it takes to get the wall funded, and it could go several months and possibly a year in his own words, BTW, I support his position and even wrote him a letter of my personal support, so hen he says he has the backing of affected FED's he is telling the Gods honest truth. I'm anxious to get back to business, there will be a lot to catch up on when I do get back.
john galt and Jake6.0 like this.
post #6967 of 7775 Old 01-22-2019, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxmanHog View Post
For the moment federal income tax deposits are coming into the treasury at a reliable pace at about 98% of prior year, as time goes on this will diminish with out oversight & enforcement. We've got some time to wait before seeing the decline as long as every business stays the course on full compliance.

Return processing needs to occur, currently, the form 940 & 941 will be due by 1/31/2019, though many are filed electronically, a good portion are still filed on paper, clerks are needed to processes these documents, once that deadline passes, form 1120/1065/1041 will be due next, then finally form 1040 by 4/16/2019

The 1040 series returns also come in electronically at about 85% while 15% are processed by clerks, these returns need to be processed timely to ensure prompt payment of refunds about 400 billion in the course of a year. Late payment of refunds incurs credit interest @6% to the taxpayers, this could be a HUGE cost to all taxpayers. Those who owe and don't pay need direct interaction, first by letter (clerks involved) and on occasion direct personal contact by phone, business or home, these enforcement folks (like myself and 30,000 others) ARE NOT considered ~essential~ at the moment, but as the economy begins to suffer that decision could change.

POTUS has committed to this shutdown lasting as long as it takes to get the wall funded, and it could go several months and possibly a year in his own words, BTW, I support his position and even wrote him a letter of my personal support, so hen he says he has the backing of affected FED's he is telling the Gods honest truth. I'm anxious to get back to business, there will be a lot to catch up on when I do get back.
From your handle I'm assuming you know what you're talking about, taxman. It's all so opaque, so much so that it's obvious that it's a feature not a bug to the average taxpayer. The entire federal tax code needs to be either rewritten or thrown out, but obviously that's not ever going to happen. I'm glad you're supporting it, even if it is a personal inconvenience.
john galt and TaxmanHog like this.
post #6968 of 7775 Old 01-22-2019, 06:50 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3104 Post(s)
[quote=SparkyF250;16226933]The main problem and the reason the demoncrats WANT him to do that is, the next demoncrat POTUS is going to declare climate change is a state of emergency and bankrupt us.[/QUOTE

climate change is the deep state bull **** to establish a global taxation platform to fund their global dictatorship and create suffering on a global scale...if those ******s arent in prison within the next year or executed im out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Look into RIF.
this NEEDS to happen big time and the media needs to get kicked to the curb for the lying PHUCKS they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by repalmer View Post
I think when the government is big enough to give you everything, they are big enough to take away everything.

It shouldn't be the largest employer in the country
this...large amounts of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6.0 View Post
From your handle I'm assuming you know what you're talking about, taxman. It's all so opaque, so much so that it's obvious that it's a feature not a bug to the average taxpayer. The entire federal tax code needs to be either rewritten or thrown out, but obviously that's not ever going to happen. I'm glad you're supporting it, even if it is a personal inconvenience.
i am all for disbanning the irs the feral reserve epa and many other parts of the feral gargantuan gov.
we need a return to sanity
SparkyF250 and Jake6.0 like this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #6969 of 7775 Old 01-23-2019, 03:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
......... epa and many other parts of the feral gargantuan gov.
we need a return to sanity
Totally agree, support of HR.25 google it learn about it love it.

It could bring us back to basics and spend only what needs to be done and generate 100% of the revenue needed to accomplish those yearly goals, no more deficit / debt spending.

I could go with that concept (Balanced budget starting this minute) if the ferall congress had a righteous mind, but they don't so I'm at a loss as to how we're going to get there cept by the tip of the sword.
john galt, CrazyS0b and Jake6.0 like this.

Last edited by TaxmanHog; 01-23-2019 at 04:32 PM.
post #6970 of 7775 Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxmanHog View Post
Totally agree, support of HR.25 google it learn about it love it.

It could bring us back to basics and spend only what needs to be done and generate 100% of the revenue needed to accomplish those yearly goals, now more deficit / debt spending.

I could go with that concept (Balanced budget starting this minute) if the ferall congress had a righteous mind, but they don't so I'm at a loss as to how we're going to get there cept by the tip of the sword.
Taxman, are there many like you that work there? What I mean is, conservative minded. I don't know why, but I kind of pictured those at that agency as more of the liberal mindset.
john galt likes this.

2019 Raptor
2001 F250 Platinum Edition, 7.3, Automatic, Superchips tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
loonspuds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode