Political Chat - Page 689 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 5738Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #6881 of 7775 Old 01-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Serving Our Country!

 
JustinOOO9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,595
Thanks: 371
Thanked 632 Times in 583 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1538 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6.0 View Post
I have a bit of a issue with the "thin blue line" flag too in as much as I believe we can support law enforcement without defacing the flag, which is what any alteration to it is, well meaning or not. The leftists crying RAYYYYYYSISSSSSSSSS can GFT.
There is actually a huge thread debating whether the thin blue line flag is right/wrong. Got little heated then died off. I feel there is ONE AMERICAN flag and like branches in the military there are organizational flags but no one ever modifies the American flag. It stays red/white, and blue and then there are little custom org flags. I don't like the think blue line flag modification but I do understand the reason. But then we could can a blue line flag for air force, white line for navy, green for army, green for marines, blue for law enforcement, and whatever color for whatever other organization. That in my mind breeds more then just being proud to be affiliated. One flag overarching all of us to support and band together. Then you can design a custom L.E. Logoes flag symbol, and an air force logo symbol etc, just nothing modifying the current red/white/ and blue JUST MY OPINION. I would never tell a surviving spouse/loved one/family to take down the blue line flag, just don't agree with the modifications etc.

I will fly the American flag until I feel My country has abandoned what it stood for and not changing it or modifying it for anyone.
Patriot, john galt, RJC2 and 3 others like this.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Justin
JustinOOO9 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6882 of 7775 Old 01-15-2019, 03:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Jake6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 410
Thanks: 14
Thanked 31 Times in 31 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
There is actually a huge thread debating whether the thin blue line flag is right/wrong. Got little heated then died off. I feel there is ONE AMERICAN flag and like branches in the military there are organizational flags but no one ever modifies the American flag. It stays red/white, and blue and then there are little custom org flags. I don't like the think blue line flag modification but I do understand the reason. But then we could can a blue line flag for air force, white line for navy, green for army, green for marines, blue for law enforcement, and whatever color for whatever other organization. That in my mind breeds more then just being proud to be affiliated. One flag overarching all of us to support and band together. Then you can design a custom L.E. Logoes flag symbol, and an air force logo symbol etc, just nothing modifying the current red/white/ and blue JUST MY OPINION. I would never tell a surviving spouse/loved one/family to take down the blue line flag, just don't agree with the modifications etc.

I will fly the American flag until I feel My country has abandoned what it stood for and not changing it or modifying it for anyone.
You put it much more eloquently, but that's my feelings on the matter exactly. I'm not "offended" and likewise would never suggest someone take it down, but agree it should be one flag over us all.
john galt likes this.
Jake6.0 is offline  
post #6883 of 7775 Old 01-15-2019, 04:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Jake6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 410
Thanks: 14
Thanked 31 Times in 31 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC2 View Post
I'm a retired LEO and I agree with you on that one. Police are sworn to uphold the law, not break it. The thin blue line flag is a violation of the Federal flag law.
I wasn't aware that it was actually illegal, cause they're hanging all over my town. I get the sentiment, just wish there was a better way to display it.
john galt and RJC2 like this.
Jake6.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6884 of 7775 Old 01-15-2019, 04:24 PM
Premium Member




 
SparkyF250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East central Ohio
Posts: 7,711
Thanks: 541
Thanked 837 Times in 801 Posts
Mentioned: 212 Post(s)
Quoted: 3224 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
Wasn't sure where to put this but I got accused of ageism on the phone today I called a lady "ma'am" over the phone and she flipped her lid saying Im displaying ageism and she doesn't like that and im extremely rude. So I gently said Miss/Mrs. I'm really sorry I didn't mean to offend, its an old habit from the military where I say sir to men and ma'am to women. She went off about how im so rude and she doesn't like it and she wants to talk to a manager. I asked her if she could hold so I could transfer her to her voicemail because our manager was out of the office. She hung up.


Truth be told I have never ever heard the word ageism in a really conversation so I goggled to make sure what I thought was correct lol. Am I really just a ageist pig or did I miss some sort of phone etiquette training in my past???

Been saying sir/Ma'am since August of 2008 and one lady laughingly said you can call me (sally, sue or whatever her name was) but never been accused of displaying ageism before.
Don't sweat it, I too say sir and ma'am when I address strangers or elders (course I'm fast becoming an elder myself), I also hold doors open for anyone walking in or out behind me. Only exception is I may step in front of an older woman and get the door for her. Done this all my life, so far nobody has been offended. With the leftists today being addicted to outrage I figure someday I'll run into what you did, oh well.

Keep on keeping on

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC2 View Post
I'm a retired LEO and I agree with you on that one. Police are sworn to uphold the law, not break it. The thin blue line flag is a violation of the Federal flag law.
Thank you.
john galt and TaxmanHog like this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SparkyF250 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SparkyF250 For This Useful Post:
JustinOOO9 (01-15-2019)
post #6885 of 7775 Old 01-15-2019, 04:59 PM
Premium Member

 
RJC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Keyser, WV.
Posts: 3,892
Thanks: 98
Thanked 254 Times in 231 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6.0 View Post
I wasn't aware that it was actually illegal, cause they're hanging all over my town. I get the sentiment, just wish there was a better way to display it.
Yes Jake, I wish there were a better way as well. I really appreciate that people are standing behind our boys (and girls) in law enforcement. I just would prefer that the symbol of this solidarity be something that I could in good conscience, display on my truck.

My family has sacrificed too much in the way of blood and death for our flag, to see it bastardized or devalued. Even if its for something that helps me personally.
john galt, SparkyF250 and Jake6.0 like this.

2019 Raptor
2001 F250 Platinum Edition, 7.3, Automatic, Superchips tuner.
RJC2 is online now  
post #6886 of 7775 Old 01-15-2019, 11:05 PM
california deplorable


 
john galt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,493
Thanks: 1,040
Thanked 645 Times in 623 Posts
Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3104 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
Wasn't sure where to put this but I got accused of ageism on the phone today I called a lady "ma'am" over the phone and she flipped her lid saying Im displaying ageism and she doesn't like that and im extremely rude. So I gently said Miss/Mrs. I'm really sorry I didn't mean to offend, its an old habit from the military where I say sir to men and ma'am to women. She went off about how im so rude and she doesn't like it and she wants to talk to a manager. I asked her if she could hold so I could transfer her to her voicemail because our manager was out of the office. She hung up.


Truth be told I have never ever heard the word ageism in a really conversation so I goggled to make sure what I thought was correct lol. Am I really just a ageist pig or did I miss some sort of phone etiquette training in my past???

Been saying sir/Ma'am since August of 2008 and one lady laughingly said you can call me (sally, sue or whatever her name was) but never been accused of displaying ageism before.
damn ageist

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
You've triggered your first snowflake, go forth and increase your tally

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
ah the challenge that isnt a challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC2 View Post
This is probably one of those women that won't tell anyone their age or weight. It's not like you called her an "old bat" or something.

Progressives look for any avenue they can to besmirch traditional values in an attempt to coerce everyone into their mindset.
And to think, they're always the ones accusing others of being bullies.
I find this type of behavior rather amusing.
Oh, I forgot. Good job. Sir!
Carry on.
correct...if you want to really set them off when they hit you with something outrageous ask them "what color is the sky in your world?"
straight from just odd to unhinged in a nano second
if they are going to be freaks of nature we might as well enjoy the show

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
There is actually a huge thread debating whether the thin blue line flag is right/wrong. Got little heated then died off. I feel there is ONE AMERICAN flag and like branches in the military there are organizational flags but no one ever modifies the American flag. It stays red/white, and blue and then there are little custom org flags. I don't like the think blue line flag modification but I do understand the reason. But then we could can a blue line flag for air force, white line for navy, green for army, green for marines, blue for law enforcement, and whatever color for whatever other organization. That in my mind breeds more then just being proud to be affiliated. One flag overarching all of us to support and band together. Then you can design a custom L.E. Logoes flag symbol, and an air force logo symbol etc, just nothing modifying the current red/white/ and blue JUST MY OPINION. I would never tell a surviving spouse/loved one/family to take down the blue line flag, just don't agree with the modifications etc.

I will fly the American flag until I feel My country has abandoned what it stood for and not changing it or modifying it for anyone.
that as a pretty good thread... and it remained civil for the most part which always pleases me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC2 View Post
Yes Jake, I wish there were a better way as well. I really appreciate that people are standing behind our boys (and girls) in law enforcement. I just would prefer that the symbol of this solidarity be something that I could in good conscience, display on my truck.

My family has sacrificed too much in the way of blood and death for our flag, to see it bastardized or devalued. Even if its for something that helps me personally.
very true... i still prefer that to hanging out in the rain at night with no light...
but to me it is all about respect. if it is intended toward our flag then i am tending toward greater leniency than say ... some illegal who wants me to support them and their 95 kids burning it for political purposes


but i will drop it at that

just got home form dropping the kid off at work he is doing well and i am pleased but the storm blowing through right now is the worst i have driven in here for years...a foot of gloppy slop even my truck was swimming in it at anything much over 30
glad i got the snow blower fixed the other day but i sure wish i had a new impeller in it or the tools to have straightened it out better have to be back to pick him up at 7:30 and i am hoping i can blast outta here without it in the am without wrecking the drive or turning a berm into an ice wall
JustinOOO9 and SparkyF250 like this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
john galt is offline  
post #6887 of 7775 Old 01-16-2019, 06:03 AM
'consent of the governed'


 
Patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Crook County
Posts: 6,216
Thanks: 290
Thanked 575 Times in 532 Posts
Mentioned: 281 Post(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Patriot is offline  
post #6888 of 7775 Old 01-16-2019, 06:22 AM
Premium Member




 
SparkyF250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East central Ohio
Posts: 7,711
Thanks: 541
Thanked 837 Times in 801 Posts
Mentioned: 212 Post(s)
Quoted: 3224 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
I had a feeling you'd link that thread.

I think @RJC2 said it best right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC2 View Post
I'm a retired LEO and I agree with you on that one. Police are sworn to uphold the law, not break it. The thin blue line flag is a violation of the Federal flag law.
john galt likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SparkyF250 is offline  
post #6889 of 7775 Old 01-16-2019, 07:34 AM
california deplorable


 
john galt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,493
Thanks: 1,040
Thanked 645 Times in 623 Posts
Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3104 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
I had a feeling you'd link that thread.

I think @RJC2 said it best right here.
me too

and...

me too

well after i dropped the kid off it went from glop to rain...mostly cleaned up now so the trip to town and back was better this time

i gotta get out and clear the roof of the rv and hit the berm the plow just left and what not
but first i need coffee...
LOTS more coffee
SparkyF250 likes this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
john galt is offline  
post #6890 of 7775 Old 01-16-2019, 08:44 PM
california deplorable


 
john galt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 11,493
Thanks: 1,040
Thanked 645 Times in 623 Posts
Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3104 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so now...the democrats are refusing to meet with Trump but at least they are in town where they are supposed to worl for us
and as always ...it all Trumps fault
the deep state players need to go to prison now they are finding muslime prayer rugs left at the border the invasion is full swing and the dems are actively trying to destroy our country the time is now i cant take this crap aymore
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...-lunch-meeting
TaxmanHog likes this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
john galt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
loonspuds

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome