School Shootings - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 Old 02-19-2018, 07:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The “snowflake” mentality of not wanting to tell people what they need to hear or do for fear of offending them is at the cruxt of this. That being said, some changes could and should be made to restrict guns from those not stable. The worst thing trump could do is to do nothing. True, the liberals will complain no matter what actions he takes but a common sense approach that doesnt impact the majority of gun owners is a better solution that what we currenly have or liberals keep trying to push.

1. We need comprehensive background checks with a mental health component the prevents or removes guns from those determined to be unstable.

2. We need to give law enforcement the power to act when written or verbal threats are made and laws that will not lightly dismiss and return these people back to society and with their guns handed back.

3. We need to understand why the FBI has done such a miserable job of taking the required actions when alerted. If this requires procedural changes or reorganization than so be it. If some officers are found to have been derelict in their duties, fire them and hire people more competent.

4. Finally, what we don’t is to ban gun ownership. 99.99% of gun owners are law abiding citizens and some have even been in the fortunate position to stop what would have been a mass shooting by eliminating the shooter before they were able to inflict more casualties. Bans only work on law abiding citizens, criminals will operate as they always have, disregarding the laws. This only makes the situation worse.

Ross
2006 f-250 CCSB king ranch diesel 4x4. Stock w/ air bags, rancho 9000s, and coolant filter.

Last edited by Rossterman; 02-19-2018 at 07:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 02-19-2018, 07:47 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 566 Post(s)
Quoted: 2586 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gun free zones = Free Kill Zones....PERIOD!!!

I mean when was the last time a police station, gun shop, gun show, Cabelas, Bass pro shop ect. that were targeted as a mass shooting location?

Ill tell you all that the little sticker on the doors with a red circle and gun mean nothing to me. I carried when we had out second daughter 3 months ago smiling as I walked by the sticker and the security guards. Funny as we actually had a convo with one of the delivery nurses about this exact topic. It started by my wife saying "you must love delivering babies all day long?" She responded with "yah, but sometimes we have to take the babies due to unsafe circumstances." That evolved into what you do when there is an active shooter situation in the hospital. Her response: "We are all trained that if there is an active shooter to get out. Leave the patience and get our selves out. That way we can help after the threat is neutralized by police when they arrive." When she left the room I looked at the wife and said "See this is why I carried in" Ill be dammed if because of a sticker, me or my family is just left to be lucky or a statistic. If I'm going down you damn sure bet ill be fighting back and I bet I'm a better shot with better ammo!! Ill also be the guy running towards the gunfire as innocent lives mean a hell of a lot more to me than some broken human hell bent of causing pain and suffering.

As far as a cause as to why this keep happening there is only one reason. Lack of common sense. Instead of looking into why these shootings happen there is an immediate cause to BLAME something, most of the time an inanimate object. Remember Columbine? They blamed music and video games. As a result we added Parental Advisory stickers and video game ratings to everything. What did that do? Nothing at all. Hell you could make an argument that its made things worse as shootings are getting more frequent. In the end it comes down to parenting or really lack there of. The smart phone, tablet, game console, and FB are now the parents as the adults are just f-ing lazy.
Patriot, 00t444e and SparkyF250 like this.
post #23 of 29 Old 02-19-2018, 04:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If it were Only so simple as "common sense"...

You think a lack of common sense is something new to the current culture? Big Picture is, once you get to be around 40, you look at the current culture and say "We're all going to Hell in a hand basket!!!" - you're actually supposed to, it's the way of the human psyche.

Thing is, you nostalgically look-back at the "Good 'Ole Days" that You remember. BUT (again Big Picture) our "Good 'Ole Days" was our Fathers Hell-in-a-Hand-Basket, and HIS good 'ole days was HIS FATHERS Hell-in-a-hand-basket

It's All the same thinking and, the truth is, in our current culture life today is better for a larger percentage of the population then Ever...

The other thing being discussed is this "SnowFlake" personality as being a cause too but, to me, it's almost the opposite. Maybe these school kids suffer from it, maybe with the importance of social media for them and being criticized there becomes over whelming important, ("bullied"). But the majority of everyday shootings & death these days is about Macho BS. Homie shooting Homie over being disrespected, some ideal of ManHood that can't be tolerated. - How are we ever gonna solve That nonsense that adds "shooting victim" totals that as gun owners we have to try to defend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 Old 02-19-2018, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
And these are the kids that brought us the tide pod challenge.....

'17 Lariat SC 350
post #25 of 29 Old 02-19-2018, 05:37 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
Quoted: 3373 Post(s)
Garage
You can't walk into a Gov building without going through a metal detector and passed an armed guard. Why aren't the schools secured the same way? This guy walked into a school and went to the 3rd floor carrying a backpack with an AR in it and nobody noticed.
During classes there should only be one entrance, and that's manned with an armed guard. In the morning and lunch, limited entrances with metal detectors and security. We have plenty of Vets that need jobs, they've been trained in gun safety and marksmanship, the police can swing by in the morning to man some of the entrances that are locked once classes begin. Teachers that are willing and able to take training should also be able to carry in school.
For the libtards who don't think their kid should go through a metal detector or have guns in schools by security guards can send their kids to the school with the gun free zone sticker on the unlocked doors.

As a gun owner, with a CCL and an NRA membership, I am sick and tired of being blamed for this chit.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 29 Old 02-19-2018, 07:04 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 566 Post(s)
Quoted: 2586 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
You can't walk into a Gov building without going through a metal detector and passed an armed guard. Why aren't the schools secured the same way? This guy walked into a school and went to the 3rd floor carrying a backpack with an AR in it and nobody noticed.
During classes there should only be one entrance, and that's manned with an armed guard. In the morning and lunch, limited entrances with metal detectors and security. We have plenty of Vets that need jobs, they've been trained in gun safety and marksmanship, the police can swing by in the morning to man some of the entrances that are locked once classes begin. Teachers that are willing and able to take training should also be able to carry in school.
For the libtards who don't think their kid should go through a metal detector or have guns in schools by security guards can send their kids to the school with the gun free zone sticker on the unlocked doors.

As a gun owner, with a CCL and an NRA membership, I am sick and tired of being blamed for this chit.
This is all gonna be from my phone so here it goes.

On the metal detector front. It aint gonna happen. Mostly be cause white suburban America associates detectors with "bad kids" aka black or ghetto locations and schools. Therefore they will fight to keep there schools "safe". Funny thing is how many of these mass shooting occur at ghetto schools with detectors??? Yah....

I grew up in the Cali school system at schools less than "safe". It was drilled into parents and our heads as kids that the schools with metal detectors were schools and places to avoid. It hasnt changed. It wont change with the "non rasict" rasicts in this country. Hence why they dont want detectors.

As far as one way in and out. That will be all but impossible to accomplish. Lots of schools are open air concept meaning students roam between buildings to switch classes. Supplying armed security is also not feasible. The easiest way to return ti safe schools is to allow teachers to carry if trained and certified. It wont take more than one attempted masacre to be thwarted by a packing teacher to make these idiots think long and hard about trying a school.

Also saw a great meme today on FB....

Nobody blames the gun when police shoot somone. Not even BLM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #27 of 29 Old 02-19-2018, 07:39 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toren302 View Post
This is all gonna be from my phone so here it goes.

On the metal detector front. It aint gonna happen. Mostly be cause white suburban America associates detectors with "bad kids" aka black or ghetto locations and schools. Therefore they will fight to keep there schools "safe". Funny thing is how many of these mass shooting occur at ghetto schools with detectors??? Yah....

I grew up in the Cali school system at schools less than "safe". It was drilled into parents and our heads as kids that the schools with metal detectors were schools and places to avoid. It hasnt changed. It wont change with the "non rasict" rasicts in this country. Hence why they dont want detectors.

As far as one way in and out. That will be all but impossible to accomplish. Lots of schools are open air concept meaning students roam between buildings to switch classes. Supplying armed security is also not feasible. The easiest way to return ti safe schools is to allow teachers to carry if trained and certified. It wont take more than one attempted masacre to be thwarted by a packing teacher to make these idiots think long and hard about trying a school.

Also saw a great meme today on FB....

Nobody blames the gun when police shoot somone. Not even BLM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah they have them so brainwashed about guns being dangerous that I've seen snowflakes panic because a cop has a gun.
I don't know the answer, so I'll just keep homeschooling my boy so we can have range days. He's taught respect for others, gun safety, marksmanship, American history and other subjects that will help prepare him for life. (70* tomorrow, I think if he gets his regular subjects done quick, a trip across the street to our range may be just the thing for cabin fever) I got him a Henry 22 a couple years ago but 22LR was so hard to find for awhile he hasn't shot it as much as he'd like. In the meantime I've been stockpiling 22LR every time I see a deal. I have quite a few bricks stashed now. I have a Chiappa 22LR upper receiver and I've been thinking of doing a class with him on building a lower receiver, and giving him that 22LR upper. When he gets good with that, we can get the parts and I'll help him build the upper that he wants. Then like every responsible 15 year old kid he'll have his own AR 15 to go with his other guns.
I think he was 6 when I bought him a Ruger Bearcat for his birthday, and he got a Rem 870 last year. Like his brother, his guns will stay in my safe till he's 18. And like his brother, he'll be safe and competent with firearms.
You'll meet him at UCC this year, I think you'll like him.

Sparky

Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

post #28 of 29 Old 02-20-2018, 06:31 AM
'consent of the governed'

Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Quoted: 2217 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
I think you'll like him.
You are correct.
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #29 of 29 Old 02-20-2018, 03:26 PM
Premium Member

Garage
This just about covers it

Patriot and AU7POINT3 like this.

Sparky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode