LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchip View Post
I gave my daughter $300 in an Etrade account last fall. She sat on it a while and then put half on GM and half on Ford. After GM tanked and got back just above her strat price she sold and bought all Ford. She's at about $800 now and watching it ride. Bought at just under 2 dollars.
SWEET! Ford is almost at $9 now!

2005 F250 Lariat SB 4x4
35" MT's
AFE Stage 2
175k miles
Deleted
4" lift

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the words of David Crockett, "You may all go to hell. I will go to Texas!" spoken in the halls of congress; circa 1830's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8050266 View Post
Sea71...
Stick with it.
I too started back about 6 mos ago. I started with 11K and now have 26K
thats doing it myself no Broker My biggest loss was $87...
I constantly hear you cannot make$ in the stock mkt these days. I feel the opposite. right now is the time... either that or Im a damn genius..Im thinking it the time and not my genius anyways congrats. keep it up
I think there is always a bull market somewhere. You just have to find it. I made another 120.00 this morning. Hoping to catch something else this afternoon. If I make 100/day, im happy

2005 F250 Lariat SB 4x4
35" MT's
AFE Stage 2
175k miles
Deleted
4" lift

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the words of David Crockett, "You may all go to hell. I will go to Texas!" spoken in the halls of congress; circa 1830's
post #13 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoloco View Post
That was a good time to get in the market. Be careful though I think that the market may be getting a little over heated, look for bargains on the pull backs. Make sure you do your own research, don't put too much faith in talking heads like Cramer. Some sites I like are: Seeking Alpha, Zero hedge, Small Cap Sentinel, Street investing, and Uncommon Wisdom.
Gonna have to look those up. Cramer is good some of the time, but most of the stocks he talks about are out of my price range. I usually have to stick to stocks under $10 just to be able to buy enough to turn a profit in a decent time frame.

2005 F250 Lariat SB 4x4
35" MT's
AFE Stage 2
175k miles
Deleted
4" lift

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Conservative and Proud

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've got some via an IRA through Sharebuilder and then one regular but it's not gaining enough.

2001 F350, Lariat SC LB 4X4 PSD
Quadzilla Commander
Zoodad with Stealth Screen

The Org. Staff reserves the right to move, modify, delete or merge posts at our discretion and without explanation.
post #15 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea71 View Post
I wish I knew enough about doing my research to dabble a little. Ive got several retirement funds that money goes into out of my check, but I would LOVE to take a thousand dollars and be able to "decide" on a single company and buy into it. My fear is that if I can figure out which company might make a profit, then so can all the other investors that do it for a living. Am I looking at it the wrong way?
One of the ways I've made money is , of course, looking for the downturn in a stock. My favorite one i did so far, was Smithfield Farms (SFD). When the swine flu hit, this stock plummetted. I did a little research and found out that none of their pigs had been or were a part of the infection. But them being one of the biggest pork producers, their stock took a huge hit. I bought on the downside and sold for a handsome profit when it came back up. I say its one of my favorites because nobody I talked to, had thought about it that way, buying pork stock during the swine flu outbreak, everybody thought I was nuts.

2005 F250 Lariat SB 4x4
35" MT's
AFE Stage 2
175k miles
Deleted
4" lift

post #16 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

I bought 1,000 Gm (MTLQQ) last week at .458. Figured it was cheap enough, if I lost out, it wouldnt hurt too much. I figure it will come back eventually because the company is still going to be around for a long time. I wish I had bought some around .35, but didnt have the funds available when it was there.

2005 F250 Lariat SB 4x4
35" MT's
AFE Stage 2
175k miles
Deleted
4" lift

post #17 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I always wanted to get into stocks with some free money i have, not much but i can put couple hundred a month into it new money if i had to but what program or software do you guys use? I like the idea of penny stocks but i just have no idea where to start actualy buying and how to not get reemed on the charges for buying and selling frequently? any suggestions guys?

post #18 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
I always wanted to get into stocks with some free money i have, not much but i can put couple hundred a month into it new money if i had to but what program or software do you guys use? I like the idea of penny stocks but i just have no idea where to start actualy buying and how to not get reemed on the charges for buying and selling frequently? any suggestions guys?
I use a brokerage account from Wells Fargo that gives me 200 free trades a year.
post #19 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to A8050266 Send a message via MSN to A8050266 Send a message via Yahoo to A8050266
penny vs non penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
Dont overvalue a penny stock, 1 share of apple @ 160.00
is probably safer than 1600 shares of a stock valued @.10

Apple has a lot of moat... where as a stock @.10 probably does not meaning very volatile/risky
Most investors will tell you penny stock is volatile than an regular stock.
I learned this the hard way. I have made more in stocks valued at more than $5.00 a share than not.
Of corse this does not mean $$ cannot be made.
Best luck to you

-=Sam

813.390.0040 / Sales, engineering, and floor sweeping. (mostly the sweeping)

2017 6.7 F250CC FX4/Lariot Bronze Fire Red
post #20 of 274 Old 08-03-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8050266 View Post
Dont overvalue a penny stock, 1 share of apple @ 160.00
is probably safer than 1600 shares of a stock valued @.10

Apple has a lot of moat... where as a stock @.10 probably does not meaning very volatile/risky
Most investors will tell you penny stock is volatile than an regular stock.
I learned this the hard way. I have made more in stocks valued at more than $5.00 a share than not.
Of corse this does not mean $$ cannot be made.
Best luck to you
This is very good advice. There is a reason that they are penny stocks. Now is a good time to get into high quality equities, most of them are selling at significant discounts. Buy companies, do your research, and take a long term outlook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode