Pinky and the Tards - Page 1231 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
The Night Crew! The hang out for our hard working Powerstroke.org Night Crew.

5986Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #12301 of 12334 Old 10-27-2019, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford diesel girl View Post
Anyone in here have Power Stop brake pads/rotors/calipers on their trucks? Pinky truck is about to get some today lol.
I'm just running PowerStop Z36 pads on all four corners. Stock rotors, stock calipers. The "Ol' Guy" definitetly stops better than w/stock pads. It's come in handy a few times. I can't speak to the quality of their rotors/calipers - I just didn't want to spend the $$.
john galt likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 7.3L CCLB |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5th Wheel |

Proud US Navy Veteran | '76-'80 -
-
- 'Gator Navy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12302 of 12334 Old 10-27-2019, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
I thought the PowerStop calipers were just rebuilt factory calipers painted red?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Iíd heard that, but wasnít sure. They seemed similar, but I wasnít too worried either way - sprayed them black and slapped them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior125 View Post
Their pads and rotors are more aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The brake pads are meaty as hell. Rotors were nice looking too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
I'm just running PowerStop Z36 pads on all four corners. Stock rotors, stock calipers. The "Ol' Guy" definitetly stops better than w/stock pads. It's come in handy a few times. I can't speak to the quality of their rotors/calipers - I just didn't want to spend the $$.

Iíll let you know how they do - so far Iím a fan. Itíll be a good test when I get a load of hay this week, and have to drive in the dang Houston traffic!

Sent while taming the Ruggletards
john galt likes this.

Pinky
BPD oil cooler system
BPD EGR cooler
BPD FICM
BPD water pump

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

post #12303 of 12334 Old 10-27-2019, 06:17 PM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2225 Post(s)
Garage
Lemme know how the brakes do, Iíve noticed mine are starting to warp a bit so itíll be time soon

But Iíll avoid that time by riding on two wheels

john galt likes this.

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12304 of 12334 Old 10-28-2019, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
I went with EBC yellow pads. Seems to stop fine.

2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
post #12305 of 12334 Old 10-28-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Lemme know how the brakes do, Iíve noticed mine are starting to warp a bit so itíll be time soon

But Iíll avoid that time by riding on two wheels

Fair enough, I am still working on finding the right F150 to add to the mix as a DD. Since I rarely go anywhere (hooray working from home), I hate to drive the big girl when I don't really need her lol.

So far, I like the crispness of the stop. It helped a lot with unloading the round bale this morning too LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
I went with EBC yellow pads. Seems to stop fine.
I was wanting to do those, but needed calipers and rotors as well - the comprehensive kit made my life easier than piecing things together - but I have heard really good things about the EBC yellow pads - and EBC in general.
john galt and SparkyF250 like this.

Pinky
BPD oil cooler system
BPD EGR cooler
BPD FICM
BPD water pump

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

post #12306 of 12334 Old 10-28-2019, 02:41 PM
Fummins Mod

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2225 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Fair enough, I am still working on finding the right F150 to add to the mix as a DD. Since I rarely go anywhere (hooray working from home), I hate to drive the big girl when I don't really need her lol.

So far, I like the crispness of the stop. It helped a lot with unloading the round bale this morning too LOL.

I was wanting to do those, but needed calipers and rotors as well - the comprehensive kit made my life easier than piecing things together - but I have heard really good things about the EBC yellow pads - and EBC in general.

Drive really fast, Iím sure chic fil a will understand if you make their drive through taller

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
post #12307 of 12334 Old 10-28-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Drive really fast, Iím sure chic fil a will understand if you make their drive through taller

BRUUUHHHH I almost did this morning on my weekly hay run. BUT, I behaved and decided not to. I feel as though it would be too easy to find the crazy woman in the pink and white Super Duty, with a mangled round bale in the bed.

It is too expensive to muck up - the drive-thru remains intact as a result hahaha.

Edit: I really need to brush up on my .org emojis...

Pinky
BPD oil cooler system
BPD EGR cooler
BPD FICM
BPD water pump

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

post #12308 of 12334 Old 10-28-2019, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Calipers are actually pretty easy to service if they have not been cooked. Remove the pistons, remove all rubber seals thoroughly clean the seal grooves,polish metal piston with fine Emery cloth, brass brush for plastic. Personally if the seals are nice and pliable I clean them and reuse them. Obviously if you find piston or bore wear/damage, it is time to replace. The reason they "stick" is the gunk in the seal grooves forces the seal so tightly against the piston that it doesn't release

2005 F350 srw Crewcab lariat. 6.0 diesel
post #12309 of 12334 Old 10-28-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
Calipers are actually pretty easy to service if they have not been cooked. Remove the pistons, remove all rubber seals thoroughly clean the seal grooves,polish metal piston with fine Emery cloth, brass brush for plastic. Personally if the seals are nice and pliable I clean them and reuse them. Obviously if you find piston or bore wear/damage, it is time to replace. The reason they "stick" is the gunk in the seal grooves forces the seal so tightly against the piston that it doesn't release
I was feeling lazy and really didn't want to fool with them to be honest LOL. The boots were iffy, and they didn't compress very well in general. It was a solid investment, especially considering I have been hauling the boys (Ace and Jack) more often these days.

Pinky
BPD oil cooler system
BPD EGR cooler
BPD FICM
BPD water pump

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LEFT]

post #12310 of 12334 Old 10-29-2019, 06:50 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Quoted: 3173 Post(s)
Quote:
See and Iíve heard theyíre worth the $450 for the whole kit. The pricing from my Ford guy wasnít much less than these - and Iíve heard a lot of good stuff about them. Guess weíll see... lol

J.mo liked his but as he is banned now too cant really ask him how they are holding up

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
I thought the PowerStop calipers were just rebuilt factory calipers painted red?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
but then they are RED adds hp torque and braking power right there
they do look nice though and the rotors seem like a good deal
mine will be soon so...

Quote:
Iíd heard that, but wasnít sure. They seemed similar, but I wasnít too worried either way - sprayed them PINK and slapped them on.

The brake pads are meaty as hell. Rotors were nice looking too.

Iíll let you know how they do - so far Iím a fan. Itíll be a good test when I get a load of hay this week, and have to drive in the dang Houston traffic!

fixed it for ya
and from what i have seen...driving in Huston is like playing russian roulet

Quote:
I was feeling lazy and really didn't want to fool with them to be honest LOL. The boots were iffy, and they didn't compress very well in general. It was a solid investment, especially considering I have been hauling the boys (Ace and Jack) more often these days.
i cleaned mine up after getting a ton of md and sand and gunk in them wheelin out in the woods here one started to drag when i was in reno so i pulled it cleeaned it up and slapped it back in in a gas station parking lot...
so far so good been probably 10k since then but at some point i wa going to want to replae the rotors and pads at least and maybe calipers...
i have heard good things about the power stops and one ther brand available on ebay for FAR cheaper ...but ony heard from one member about them but
the discount is hard to ignore so i may try them out too
if i feel particularly fat and sassy i will likely grab the power stops though just because i have heard MORE people using them with good results

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
chips at school , don't delete this tag , free candy , got grammar? , grammar nazi on duty , hair dye warehouse , hunting zombies in winter , i need a hug , legally pinky , let's taco 'bout it , look before you zip , mullet mayhem , nacho friend , pink support group , pinkster , we ♥ grammar! , where is my samich?! , window lickers anonymous , you don't know me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode