Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Quoted: 3259 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
if i were flush i would think about this for 1800
Snap On KRA5319 with hardwood top $1800
Good Lord, even used SnapOn is expensive. Go to Home Depot and look at the ones Justin posted. Course in your situation you'd want to replace the solid casters with some flat free wheel barrow tires
john galt and partyman97_3 like this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3582 of 3739 Old 08-26-2019, 10:00 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3123 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyF250 View Post
Good Lord, even used SnapOn is expensive. Go to Home Depot and look at the ones Justin posted. Course in your situation you'd want to replace the solid casters with some flat free wheel barrow tires
i LIKE husky
my understanding is they were craftsman and when sears was trying to cut prices more. they said we cant really make the quality of tools we want for that price and wound up striking out on their own
i have one box portable (big surprise) i rescued from my old idiot boss who had beat the hell out of it and tossed it in the dumpster and it has served me well for 20 years.
justins posts didnt show up last night on my computer
my internet keeps getting worse and worse..i dont want to go back to satellite but i may not have much choice
i liked the mac box i was looking at i aint dropping coin on strap on...
just not my thing
that mac box was pretty nice and came with 2 sets of elbows for less than a set of elbows...guy wrote me back and its sold
i am not really in the market i just that deal and started digging.
not buying anything this week but i would have jumped on the mac
oh and sorry i read matco it was mac...i know i know...
hey Justin that husky box looks like a winner too go with that

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #3583 of 3739 Old 08-26-2019, 12:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Weberman3
The Husky and my Milwaukee look extremely similar..also at the time of buying mine they were the only ones with the self soft close..also both at Home Depot
john galt likes this.

2004 F350 XLT 6.0L ZF6 CCSB
ARP Head Studs, EGR Delete, 4" Turboback, Fuel Sump, Coolant Filter, NUC Oil Bypass Filter
Kenwood DDX372BT with Rear View Camera, Rockford Fosgate P1683 speakers, Infinity REF1200 subwoofers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3584 of 3739 Old 08-27-2019, 06:46 PM
'consent of the governed'

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 2184 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
i LIKE husky
99powerstroke62 and john galt like this.
post #3585 of 3739 Old 08-29-2019, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
So, this has got me stumped, maybe someone else has had this experience before. My 96 stroker has been acting up. I've noticed that the poor girl has a rattle like sound when i blip the throttle in between gears. It also does it sometimes when it dumps boost. However, when im sitting idle, and blip the throttle, nothing. I cant seem to place it. Im about to parts cannon her anyways, new exhaust, ebpv delete, turbo rebuild. Old girls at 391k. I think, maybe more.
Edit: figured out that it does it when i have clutch pedal pressed in. But not when i have pedal released. So clutch related. Need to get that done before my next Ohio trip in October. Any recommendations that wont break the bank??
Patriot likes this.

Last edited by Rburne1; 08-29-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Edit reason: i is a smart diesel mekanik
post #3586 of 3739 Old 08-29-2019, 05:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rburne1 View Post
So, this has got me stumped, maybe someone else has had this experience before. My 96 stroker has been acting up. I've noticed that the poor girl has a rattle like sound when i blip the throttle in between gears. It also does it sometimes when it dumps boost. However, when im sitting idle, and blip the throttle, nothing. I cant seem to place it. Im about to parts cannon her anyways, new exhaust, ebpv delete, turbo rebuild. Old girls at 391k. I think, maybe more.
Edit: figured out that it does it when i have clutch pedal pressed in. But not when i have pedal released. So clutch related. Need to get that done before my next Ohio trip in October. Any recommendations that wont break the bank??
Can't help with the diagnosis, but I can help with tools and specialized knowledge, i.e. torches, welders, extractors, lots of snap on stuff, the ability to use same, and a heretofore undefinable ability to figure stuff out.
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #3587 of 3739 Old 08-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rburne1 View Post
i cant remember exactly but didn't those trucks come with the dual mass flywheel? if so it could be that thing coming apart they are known to start rattling when the two halves are starting to fail. if that's the case its time for a new clutch with a solid flywheel upgrade. while in there if its in the bell housing replace the slave cylinder. and if its an external slave then all the parts that the clutch fork pivot on should be replaced and even mayne the clutch fork. they like to wear real bad on the pivot point and it really helps the clutch pedal feel and travel with it not worn out.
SparkyF250 likes this.

Colin
06 Ram 3500 4x4 24v CR Cummins with some goodies
"dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"
post #3588 of 3739 Old 08-29-2019, 05:36 PM

Garage
But, but, he only has 391K on that bad boy. Congrats on that by the way.
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #3589 of 3739 Old 08-29-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptic_361 View Post
i cant remember exactly but didn't those trucks come with the dual mass flywheel? if so it could be that thing coming apart they are known to start rattling when the two halves are starting to fail. if that's the case its time for a new clutch with a solid flywheel upgrade. while in there if its in the bell housing replace the slave cylinder. and if its an external slave then all the parts that the clutch fork pivot on should be replaced and even mayne the clutch fork. they like to wear real bad on the pivot point and it really helps the clutch pedal feel and travel with it not worn out.
Yeah, im not sure if someone else had replaced it before or not. But i was looking at the kit from my oreillys as a temporary replacement until i start doing power mods. Its mostly stock. Except for the exhaust and a chip. Haha when i got it it still had the cat and muffler on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #3590 of 3739 Old 08-29-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
But, but, he only has 391K on that bad boy. Congrats on that by the way.
Lol thanks, im gonna be honest, im not sure if its 391 or 491 or 591, since the obs gauges flip back to 300k when they make it to 400k.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode