Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-08-2019, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just waving hello, and searching for F350 DRW

Afternoon to all. I decided to join here after doing some searching regarding antitheft ideas for a couple possible super duties I have been looking at buying.

I'm a bit of an old school F series guy, mainly experienced in gas trucks from the late 70's, how I do miss my old '79 1/2 ton solid axle rig.
Also had my share of bullnose and OBS F series trucks, but now that I am looking for a real tow rig designed for running heavier hauling pulling an enclosed car trailer, I've conceded to looking into modern Superduties and Diesel power.

I've been hesitant to make the leap, knowing the 6.0 V8's weaknesses but I feel I may have found the right foundation to consider building my longterm hauler with.

The only headache is making sure as the truck I have zeroed in on, is a 2005 DRW 6.0 6 speed.
My mind has been mulling over proper precautions for protection.
Both in the realms of mechanical issues, and theft are concerns.

With that said, a number of things make me actually wonder what truly is needed, what's ultimately a survival guide, and what is BS chaff that needs to be swept into the garbage can with all those GM automatics.

I have a list started but I'll do my best to try to not be a total PITA to the long time guys around here.
I have also been looking at the newer 6.2 V8 gas trucks, or the V10 crowd, but a lot of indications point me back to the 6.0 diesel being the route to go in terms of power, and slight modifications for a proper long term truck.

Also, if anyone has something they are considering selling the end of December that is not rotten to the door handles, drop me a line as I am mainly after a more particular animal...namely something with an extended cab, with a clutch pedal and not sitting with a Tennessee lean that negates a truck being useful in my world of real world needs.
Granted I have been know to occasionally take that wrong Turn At Albuquerque...and consider the right automatic.

Also, I am a long time admin over on GranTorinoSport.Org, and a member of a couple other forums that specialize in Ford Torino/Mercury Montego 72-76, along with the rest of the 72-79 Ford Car lines. And those big sexy Mark V Lincolns. *cue the Sir Mixalot*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user675693_pic95591_1575834933.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	725845  

Andrew
Just your typical knuckle dragging caveman mechanic, an eloquent redneck from the land of corn. Oh, and never leave home without a roll of bailing wire, a screw driver, a hammer and a roll of duct tape. and a few empty PBR beer cans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Howdy and welcome from Texas!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 12-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Garage
Take time to jump into the Ford 03-07 6.0L Powerstroke Forums - Lots of good info / helpful members.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 7.3L CCLB |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5th Wheel |

Proud US Navy Veteran | '76-'80 -
-
- 'Gator Navy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode