Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-27-2019, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Back to ford.

My last ford truck was a 2007 f-150 that I got rid of years ago for electrical issues. I did have a 2004 f-350 work truck that treated me really well. But needed more work than it was worth after transmission went on me doing about 50km/he haha. Body was abused from oil sands. I the. Moved to dodge /ram and had a Cummins and Hemi duo for work /personal. Never had an issue with either, but moved across country and only kept my 2013 Ram 1500 cause work wasn't what it used to be. No need for the diesel. Then on Halloween of this year i was on my way home from work running 2500 rear springs and burning more gas than i ever thought possible. I managed to hydroplane and hit the ditch rolling my ram 3 times and ejecting every tool i own into the woods lol. Long story short. Insurance was in no rush and the rental was past my limit in no time so i had to start paying. Saw an older gentleman selling a 2007 f-350 outlaw for $8000 Canadian ! He told me it's got a cracked flex /y pipe and has no boost til it's warm. So I offered $7000 and here i am . It has 210,000km on the body and motor was replaced by dealer 4 years ago with less than 30,000km on new motor . Runs amazingly. But has a high pit he's whistle on the throttle. Exhaust leak for sure. I can't see any soot anywhere in the engine compartment. Where and how can i get a better view of the whole thing. And could it be just a fitment issue or would it more than likely be the y pipe being cracked? So here I am back with ford and looking for help to stick around . Thanks in advance for any help !

Shane

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-27-2019, 05:30 AM
Blow me to Bermuda!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome! Awesome truck. Rarely do I see an Outlaw, and never has it been an F350.

Can you post a picture of that light bar? Have you turned it on after the sun goes down? If you get really bored...can you do in in-cab Headlight -vs- Lightbar comparison? I'm installing a Lightbar for where the Fog Lights are but the one you have has my interest piqued.

Justin

2016 F250 6.7 PSD Lariat CCSB FX4 -|- 2006 F350 6.0 PSD Lariat CCSB FX4 -|- 1986 F250 6.9 IDI Lariat ECLB -|- 2008 F250 6.4 PSD XLT CCSB (sold!)
post #3 of 7 Old 11-27-2019, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey thanks. Will do! .I'll take some side by sides when it gets dark . It's literally a night and day difference. It's connected to the high beam the stock headlights are absolutely terrible. Hahah I'm used to the LEDs in my old Ram.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-27-2019, 07:25 AM
Blow me to Bermuda!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
I bet! We have 2 LED Lightbars in the grill on our 6.7 and we call them our Joe Robbie Stadium Lights. When you turn them off and go back to the Headlights, which are aftermarket LEDs also, its as if there are no lights on!

They are great for the backroads where the deer like to jump out. With the Lightbar on you can see them so easily.

Again, welcome to THE ORG! Looking forward to more pics of The Outlaw!

Justin

2016 F250 6.7 PSD Lariat CCSB FX4 -|- 2006 F350 6.0 PSD Lariat CCSB FX4 -|- 1986 F250 6.9 IDI Lariat ECLB -|- 2008 F250 6.4 PSD XLT CCSB (sold!)
post #5 of 7 Old 12-09-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Stock headlights vs light bar ... Probably pretty dirty as well. Meant to do it earlier . Got sidetracked with repairs and insurance issues. Lol

post #6 of 7 Old 12-09-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also , anyone here tackle their y pipe repair by themselves. Haven't gotten a quote from ford yet. Buy from what I hear they charge to remove cab to do it.

post #7 of 7 Old 12-10-2019, 12:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

High mileage 2015 6.7 preventative maintenance recommendations

Hello all. First post and new to the site! I have recently purchased a 2015 f250 lariat fx4 6.7 srw crew cab short bed with 228k miles on it. Truck is from Texas and well taken care of by the look of it. Hardly any scratches and interior is in pristine condition. Does not have a hitch in the bed so I’m assuming it hasn’t pulled a lot. It is bone stock. Has had a fuel contamination kit installed at around 100k with injectors and such. My question to you is what do you think I need to check or replace before something bad happens. I am already planning on replacing any kind of fluid that is on the truck. Including differentials, coolant, oil, etc. do you recommend any fluid additives for tranny or any thing else. Do I need to be worried about glow plugs falling apart and ruining the motor? Or the dpf system failing? Should I delete dpf/def? Any response is greatly appreciated! Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode