post #1 of 18 Old 08-23-2019, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi from Texas

Hi,
I've used this forum for many years just for reading and learning in regards to various Powerstroke Wildland Fire Engines that I was the operator of during my career as a Wildland Firefighter, but finally decided to make myself a profile since I finally inherited the truck I was supposed to have from the start. I have a 2006 F-250 King Ranch FX4 with 69,000 mi on it. Nope the mileage isn't a joke, my mom (it was her truck before she passed away last year) believed in low mileage on her vehicles and never quite got that you don't "hardly ever" drive a diesel (4 turbos later). Anyways, everything engine wise is stock, and I'm not looking to delete it or tune it to death per say, just wanting to do things like putting a better than stock turbo on it, different tires and suspension (all things in time) and stuff like that. It has a 4" lift on it, 18s with 33s and goes off road or in rough country often living in West Texas. I will be hauling a horse trailer from time to time, but not as an everyday thing. Regardless, I'm glad to be here and learn everything I can for maximum enjoyment and longevity of my truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-23-2019, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Texan. Sounds like you've got a real Gem. We're glad to have you here.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 18 Old 08-23-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
Thank you! Yep, its a good truck, I've been the one in charge of maintenance for most of its life, so I'm pretty blessed to know the history on it, I got lucky no doubt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 08-23-2019, 10:29 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Quoted: 3124 Post(s)
welcome to the org

sounds like you got a sweetheart of a truck.
as to a turbo upgrade get with kc turbos but it sounds like a stage one would do you beautifully.
also i recommend either deleting or getting a BPD egr cooler on that thing.
the later model egr coolers wee disaster prone.
check out the stickies read the bulletproofing and monitoring threads decide what you think will best suit your needs and design your mod list from there
my two cents and hey you asked
FireParadox640 likes this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #5 of 18 Old 08-23-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
Thanks, and I will definitely check out those threads. Glad to see you mention the KC Stage 1 Turbo, that's actually the one I'm wanting after a long time of careful consideration. Everyday it seems like I'm finding something else to add to the list of things I want to do to my truck (I guess there's gonna be a lot of overtime in my future) but I see it as an investment for longevity in the long term and I'm not one to abuse my truck. After going through a nightmare with a 6.0l F-550 Wildland Engine and catastrophic failure, I'm definitely wanting to Bulletproof my personal truck early on. I appreciate your 2 cents and will be doing my share of reading (and I'm sure asking questions) to build that once in a lifetime mod list!
post #6 of 18 Old 08-24-2019, 03:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Welcome from the Texas Hill Country. I was a member of the Mico VFD (Medina County) for 12 years and as a rural firefighter saw mostly wildfires. Take care during the heat of the summer and stay safe!

2006 Ford F-350 6.0L Auto CC 4WD LB
2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith trike
Mico TX
post #7 of 18 Old 08-24-2019, 04:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Howdy and welcome from the Houston area!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #8 of 18 Old 08-26-2019, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
Thanks y'all, glad to see so many fellow Texans on here! And equally as glad to be here and learn all I can to turn my truck into the reliable beast I want it to be! Everyday it's like I come up with something else I want to do with her.
post #9 of 18 Old 08-26-2019, 07:22 PM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Quoted: 3124 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireParadox640 View Post
Thanks, and I will definitely check out those threads. Glad to see you mention the KC Stage 1 Turbo, that's actually the one I'm wanting after a long time of careful consideration. Everyday it seems like I'm finding something else to add to the list of things I want to do to my truck (I guess there's gonna be a lot of overtime in my future) but I see it as an investment for longevity in the long term and I'm not one to abuse my truck. After going through a nightmare with a 6.0l F-550 Wildland Engine and catastrophic failure, I'm definitely wanting to Bulletproof my personal truck early on. I appreciate your 2 cents and will be doing my share of reading (and I'm sure asking questions) to build that once in a lifetime mod list!
there are a ton of good people here who are happy to help when you get stuck

as to the long list of mods...
I have had my truck for 7 years and i am probably no where near done yet. i still may even change the direction of my build a few more times before i am done

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #10 of 18 Old 08-26-2019, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
John, I do have a question for you. Since I am wanting to Bulletproof my truck, can I do it in stages? And if so what are the best areas to start with?

Glad to know the list of mods will be an ongoing thing, I'm a perfectionist, and it's safe to say I'm addicted! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode