Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 08-27-2019, 04:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'll jump in and say the EGR delete or the OEM oil cooler. If your still running the gold coolant do the cooler first and I'd recommend the BPD air to oil cooler.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 08-27-2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5J's View Post
I'll jump in and say the EGR delete or the OEM oil cooler. If your still running the gold coolant do the cooler first and I'd recommend the BPD air to oil cooler.

Thanks! Yeah I'm definitely still running the gold coolant, had to top it off today as a matter of fact. I will look into the pricing on the BPD Air to Oil Cooler and start budgeting appropriately to save and get that done. Any recommendations as to whether to get the standard duty or heavy duty one? Not really wanting to get it deleted per say, just bulletproofing in the long run.
post #13 of 18 Old 08-27-2019, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine has the heavy duty one with the BPD filter on it but, with a price tag over $2000 you may want to look at other options. They have a standard duty with the OEM filter for just over $1700. If you don't delete the EGR you may want to look into the BPD EGR.

FireParadox640 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 08-27-2019, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Mine has the heavy duty one with the BPD filter on it but, with a price tag over $2000 you may want to look at other options. They have a standard duty with the OEM filter for just over $1700. If you don't delete the EGR you may want to look into the BPD EGR.

Yeah, Pricing it out for the heavy duty one it comes out over $2,700 with the cold weather package and everything else added but it says the heavy duty one is also better for hot climates. Living in the Texas Panhandle it gets both extremely hot in the summer and extremely cold in the winter here so while the cost for the heavy duty one is much greater, I almost wonder if that would be my best choice in the long run. Thoughts?

Also I will def look into the BPD EGR, to me the most important thing is longevity, I'd rather spend a bit more preemptive preventative money as I have it than my truck have a cataclysmic meltdown later that I truly won't be able to afford.
post #15 of 18 Old 08-28-2019, 04:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You're right on track! You'll spend the money one way or another. Better to feed the beast on your schedule as opposed to when the 6.0 gods decide.

As for the cooler, I haven't been in the market for a while but $2700 seems high. Is that install cost as well? Seems like they were just over 2K last time I looked. However I think you can do the HD cooler without doing the filter relocate and save some cash.

post #16 of 18 Old 08-28-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
Quote:
You're right on track! You'll spend the money one way or another. Better to feed the beast on your schedule as opposed to when the 6.0 gods decide.

As for the cooler, I haven't been in the market for a while but $2700 seems high. Is that install cost as well? Seems like they were just over 2K last time I looked. However I think you can do the HD cooler without doing the filter relocate and save some cash.

My thoughts exactly, we all know the 6.0 gods can be very inconvenient and finicky lol.

So For roughly $2800 it included the HD Air to Oil Cooler, EGR Cooler, and Cold Weather Package, no install because its straight from BPDs website, its the full HD upgrade. So I guess that would cover all the initial equipment I would really need to do right away correct?
post #17 of 18 Old 08-28-2019, 05:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ok, I'm not sure what the cold weather package is. It sounds gimmicky to me.

post #18 of 18 Old 08-28-2019, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Garage
Looks like it sets oil temp to 180 before it circulated through the cooler when it’s cold. Basically like a thermostat for your oil cooler. Wondering if it’s worth it seeing as how our lows at night are anywhere from the teens to well below zero?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode