My first Diesel (pic) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

 5Likes
  • 1 Post By BOSSTANK
  • 1 Post By UR2EZ
  • 1 Post By UR2EZ
  • 1 Post By UR2EZ
  • 1 Post By BOSSTANK
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-28-2019, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
BOSSTANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My first Diesel (pic)

Just picked this BEAST up yesterday. My first diesel truck.

2015 F-250 with a 6 inch lift on 37ís

UR2EZ likes this.
BOSSTANK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 07-28-2019, 06:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
UR2EZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 349
Thanks: 34
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Howdy and welcome from Texas! Nice looking truck.

What all has been done to it and how many miles does she have?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
BOSSTANK likes this.
UR2EZ is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 07-28-2019, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
BOSSTANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UR2EZ View Post
Howdy and welcome from Texas! Nice looking truck.

What all has been done to it and how many miles does she have?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks man.

It has 98,000 miles on it... a little worried about that but not much...

6” lift not sure what kind. Has Fox rear shocks and Bilstein front shocks. Dual ProComp stabilizers... not sure why all the different brands. 37” Toyo Open Country tires and Moto Metal wheels. It already has the DEF delete, an intake not sure what kind yet... has a see-through lid. Was told it has a tune. I duno if the exhaust is stock or not.

Just got it late yesterday afternoon. Haven’t really had time to go over it good. And it’s my first diesel truck ever so I’m big time new at this.
BOSSTANK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 07-29-2019, 05:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
UR2EZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 349
Thanks: 34
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSTANK View Post
Thanks man.

It has 98,000 miles on it... a little worried about that but not much...

6Ē lift not sure what kind. Has Fox rear shocks and Bilstein front shocks. Dual ProComp stabilizers... not sure why all the different brands. 37Ē Toyo Open Country tires and Moto Metal wheels. It already has the DEF delete, an intake not sure what kind yet... has a see-through lid. Was told it has a tune. I duno if the exhaust is stock or not.

Just got it late yesterday afternoon. Havenít really had time to go over it good. And itís my first diesel truck ever so Iím big time new at this.
Sounds like an S&B CAI but not sure. I would definitely look into replacing the cold side intercooler pipe since the OEM pipes are notorious for blowing. I would also consider installing a CP4 disaster kit as well. As for the mileage, 98k isn't much at all so no worries there. Without knowing the history of that truck, I would suggest you do a complete tune-up (clean/replace air filter, oil change, fuel filters, rear diff fluid, front diff fluid, transfer case fluid, and trans service) just so you know where everything stands. If they've never been done, it's time anyways. Drain your fuel/water separator every two weeks, change your fuel filters every 15k miles, always use a reputable source (Shell, Exxon) for your diesel, find a good diesel additive and use it with every fill-up. Don't use cheap products/fluids with your maintenance. It does make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
BOSSTANK likes this.
UR2EZ is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 07-29-2019, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
BOSSTANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UR2EZ View Post
Sounds like an S&B CAI but not sure. I would definitely look into replacing the cold side intercooler pipe since the OEM pipes are notorious for blowing. I would also consider installing a CP4 disaster kit as well. As for the mileage, 98k isn't much at all so no worries there. Without knowing the history of that truck, I would suggest you do a complete tune-up (clean/replace air filter, oil change, fuel filters, rear diff fluid, front diff fluid, transfer case fluid, and trans service) just so you know where everything stands. If they've never been done, it's time anyways. Drain your fuel/water separator every two weeks, change your fuel filters every 15k miles, always use a reputable source (Shell, Exxon) for your diesel, find a good diesel additive and use it with every fill-up. Don't use cheap products/fluids with your maintenance. It does make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Good advice, thank you sir. It is an S&B CAI. Just had the oil changed today. I need to find the fuel/water separater, didn’t know about that.
I freaking love this truck so far.

Only problem that I’m having is a real bad jerk, I noticed it does it about every other time at about 27mph when auto trans is shifting from 3rd to 4th. I took it back to the used car dealer I got it from and he says it’s probably the tune. His son is going to try to help me tomorrow on how to adjust the tune for the transmission or something.
Today I got on the gas pretty hard from about a 35mph roll and it jerked so bad that I though it tore up the transmission. Scared me, that’s a no go and I got to get that fixed ASAP.

I did notice today it has the EZLynk box plugged into the ODB2 port and zip tied under the dash. I downloaded the Auto Agent app on my iPhone and was looking at the settings but I can’t adjust or see any tune files. Says I need to link with a tech.
I’m confused haha I just want it fixed. I find it hard to believe the previous owner drove it like that. Wonder why he didn’t fix it before trading it in?

Also it is an aftermarket exhaust but no name anywhere. Dealer said it already has the DEF delete. I’m curious what all has been done to this truck performance wise.

Last edited by BOSSTANK; 07-29-2019 at 10:48 PM.
BOSSTANK is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 07-30-2019, 08:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
UR2EZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 349
Thanks: 34
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSTANK View Post
Good advice, thank you sir. It is an S&B CAI. Just had the oil changed today. I need to find the fuel/water separater, didnít know about that.
I freaking love this truck so far.

Only problem that Iím having is a real bad jerk, I noticed it does it about every other time at about 27mph when auto trans is shifting from 3rd to 4th. I took it back to the used car dealer I got it from and he says itís probably the tune. His son is going to try to help me tomorrow on how to adjust the tune for the transmission or something.
Today I got on the gas pretty hard from about a 35mph roll and it jerked so bad that I though it tore up the transmission. Scared me, thatís a no go and I got to get that fixed ASAP.

I did notice today it has the EZLynk box plugged into the ODB2 port and zip tied under the dash. I downloaded the Auto Agent app on my iPhone and was looking at the settings but I canít adjust or see any tune files. Says I need to link with a tech.
Iím confused haha I just want it fixed. I find it hard to believe the previous owner drove it like that. Wonder why he didnít fix it before trading it in?

Also it is an aftermarket exhaust but no name anywhere. Dealer said it already has the DEF delete. Iím curious what all has been done to this truck performance wise.
You should be able to see what tunes are on the truck using the EZ Lynk app and when connected to the box as long as they used it to download the tunes. With that being said, I don't know why they would have the box on there if they didn't use it for their tunes so most likely they did. I can't remember exactly where to look and my truck is in the shop getting some work done. It's gonna be in the settings somewhere....I believe. Play with it and you should see it.
As for the jerking, I agree with the shop. That definitely sounds like the tunes that you are running. There are a lot of bad tunes out there and can cause a ton of issues.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
BOSSTANK likes this.
UR2EZ is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 07-30-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
BOSSTANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UR2EZ View Post
You should be able to see what tunes are on the truck using the EZ Lynk app and when connected to the box as long as they used it to download the tunes. With that being said, I don't know why they would have the box on there if they didn't use it for their tunes so most likely they did. I can't remember exactly where to look and my truck is in the shop getting some work done. It's gonna be in the settings somewhere....I believe. Play with it and you should see it.
As for the jerking, I agree with the shop. That definitely sounds like the tunes that you are running. There are a lot of bad tunes out there and can cause a ton of issues.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I think I got it fixed today, got in touch with PPEI today and they sent me a new tune and no more jerking.
UR2EZ likes this.
BOSSTANK is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 08-10-2019, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
BOSSTANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy crap I love this truck! I think I may have Diesel Fever for life now haha
BOSSTANK is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 08-10-2019, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
BOSSTANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got my new filter in today, I don't think the previous owner ever cleaned it. Now I have 2 and can clean one while the other is installed.
Got a pre/filter and cleaning kit too...





BOSSTANK is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 08-10-2019, 06:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
UR2EZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 349
Thanks: 34
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSTANK View Post
Got my new filter in today, I don't think the previous owner ever cleaned it. Now I have 2 and can clean one while the other is installed.

Got a pre/filter and cleaning kit too...











Be careful with the oil. I'd run it dry if I were you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
UR2EZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome