LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 06-27-2019, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Hello from Finland!

Hello Gents, and possibly some ladies.

I am so happy to have finally found this great community (through extensive scouring of the interweb)!

About a month ago I fulfilled my dream of someday owning an all-american pick-up truck. Probably guessed it, it is a F-250. Where I live, this truck is not available commercially at all and few have been registered here. The truck makes absolutely no sense, and therefore I just love to cruise around with it. I have searched for a low-mileage, well-equipped and about a ten year old truck now for about 6 years. This specimen I bought from Estonia, with barely 34000km (21126 miles) on it. It is a 2008 SD, HD edition. Now, after a month and approx. 3000km (1864 miles) later, I could not be happier about my “new” daily driver! Turns heads and makes me feel like a Boss - except when trying to parallel park between two Priuses. The correct action would be to park on top of them two, or to push both into a nearby river/pond/lake.

Looking forward to get to know my truck intimately with Your assistance!

With best regards from Finland,
- ilxter
SparkyF250 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-27-2019, 05:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the ORG. What motor is in your truck? 6.4L?
ilxter likes this.
post #3 of 22 Old 06-27-2019, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Garage
to the ORG!!!
ilxter likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Darryl | Owner/Operator
Truck | 2001 F350 CCLB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5th Wheel |

Proud Veteran | US Navy - '76-'80 - Petty Officer 2nd Class (E5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 06-27-2019, 11:39 AM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quoted: 3909 Post(s)
Welcome to the Org
ilxter likes this.

6.0 flush pdf
post #5 of 22 Old 06-27-2019, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for a nice welcome!

The motor on the truck is the 6.4L twin-turbo (diesel).
I’ll post some specs and pictures or add them to my signature as soon as I learn how to do that.

Right now I am struggling with the finnish authorities to get the truck properly licensed/registered - the local motor vehicle traffic law (in US = ”FMVSS”) is full of legal text nuances and plain stupid regulations. In addition, the latest edition is from year 1982 so it is not exactly applicable to a vehicle from 2008 and therefore also leaves too much room for the inspection agency to deliberate/interpret the law as they see it. Well, wish me luck!
post #6 of 22 Old 06-28-2019, 01:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilxter View Post
Thanks for a nice welcome!

The motor on the truck is the 6.4L twin-turbo (diesel).
I’ll post some specs and pictures or add them to my signature as soon as I learn how to do that.

Right now I am struggling with the finnish authorities to get the truck properly licensed/registered - the local motor vehicle traffic law (in US = ”FMVSS”) is full of legal text nuances and plain stupid regulations. In addition, the latest edition is from year 1982 so it is not exactly applicable to a vehicle from 2008 and therefore also leaves too much room for the inspection agency to deliberate/interpret the law as they see it. Well, wish me luck!
People, if we change who is in the White House in 2020, we could be looking at some of the same nonsense as Finland!
john galt and Got Dirt? like this.
post #7 of 22 Old 06-28-2019, 02:39 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Welcome aboard. I’m quite sure that truck is the head turner there. I spent some time in Hammerfest, and saw a dodge 2500 Cummins and one Ford F-250 van there. Both got a lot of attention there. You will be a local celebrity driving your truck. Congratulations
ilxter likes this.
post #8 of 22 Old 06-28-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjorgis5569 View Post
Welcome aboard. I’m quite sure that truck is the head turner there. I spent some time in Hammerfest, and saw a dodge 2500 Cummins and one Ford F-250 van there. Both got a lot of attention there. You will be a local celebrity driving your truck. Congratulations
Thanks, man! Yeah, not many nice trucks out here. The few that are on sale have 300K+ on the tacho and are still expensive. In September Ford starts to bring in the Ranger, also the Raptor model, yet I do not have any positive feelings about the Ranger. The chassis is built in South Africa and the engines in Turkey...

The best reactions (so far) are from kids; ”Dad, look, a monster truck!”, ”What kind of car is that?!”, etc.
Next door neighbours (a-holes to begin with) do not say ”Hello” anymore (thank god!). Local shopkeep at the gas station was very excited and interested about the fuel economy for some reason.
john galt likes this.
post #9 of 22 Old 06-28-2019, 10:17 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Quoted: 3124 Post(s)
Quote:
The truck makes absolutely no sense, and therefore I just love to cruise around with it.

With best regards from Finland,
- ilxter
you just described haf the super duty owners the world over.
i got mine to haul our 38 foot travel trailer... but the truck is so dang fun to drive it just became my daily

Quote:
Next door neighbours (a-holes to begin with) do not say ”Hello” anymore (thank god!). Local shopkeep at the gas station was very excited and interested about the fuel economy for some reason.
yea...you'll fit in here jus fine
and it sounds like a win win with the neighbors
and i bet the gas station guy was excited
welcome to the org

my wifes old roommate from when we met was from finland but i myself have never made it there.
get into the 6.4 section and read up on maintenance monitoring and longevity tricks for the 6.4 and enjoy your truck
i hope you have many happy miles ahead
ilxter likes this.

I like mead

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

The Following User Says Thank You to john galt For This Useful Post:
ilxter (06-28-2019)
post #10 of 22 Old 06-28-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thank you for being so accommodative!

Never thought I liked whining, like at all.

For some reason, nowadays the whine from the twins only gets me excited and I cannot get enough of it...

My dear younger brother has a VW Touareg R50 (5.0L, V10 twin-tdi). Based on my butt-dyno I think we have a great quartermile match coming. GoPro-stuff.

The older brother has a sweet E61 BMW 3.0 tdi, upgraded as far as it can go - maybe we’ll place it onto the starting line as well.
john galt and Got Dirt? like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode