Torque App Photos - Page 71 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #701 of 717 Old 03-05-2018, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgTires4295 View Post
I'd consider uninstalling and deleting everything. Start from the bottom and reinstall everything. I've never heard of a problem like this (especially from an '02).
last night I uninstalled torque pro and reinstalled it and it didn't change anything.
It is doing this on my my Samsung Galaxy S 7 as well as my Pumpkin android radio

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #702 of 717 Old 03-05-2018, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
have been using TorquePro for about a year now and love it. I've even convinced my wife to use the tablet and run torque pro when she's driving the truck!

Problem is, she doesn't really know what numbers are "good" and what are "bad". I've tried adjusting gauge min and max to reflect it, but she doesn't think that way. So, I was wondering if it was possible to add a "red zone" to the gauges where it's appropriate? I use a standard gauge setup but would like to add a curved red bar where the indicator dashes are. Is this possible? I've attached picture of current setup.

AgTires4295 likes this.

'66 Mustang GT -- '67 F100 Step-side -- '03 F550 Super Duty -- '12 Mustang GT -- '16 Fusion Titanium

Nothing stock about any of them, except the Fusion.
post #703 of 717 Old 03-05-2018, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Behavior Modificationist

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pass1over View Post
have been using TorquePro for about a year now and love it. I've even convinced my wife to use the tablet and run torque pro when she's driving the truck!

Problem is, she doesn't really know what numbers are "good" and what are "bad". I've tried adjusting gauge min and max to reflect it, but she doesn't think that way. So, I was wondering if it was possible to add a "red zone" to the gauges where it's appropriate? I use a standard gauge setup but would like to add a curved red bar where the indicator dashes are. Is this possible? I've attached picture of current setup.

Without me playing with my programming to see specifically about curved red bars, I have parameters that are set to blink when approaching the "red zone". It's in the options as you select your gauge. Whenever those temp gauges start to get a little high, I know to back off as the blinking numbers catch my eye while driving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 7.3L
Pro Comp 6.5" Lift
Pro Comp 16x10 Alloys
35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Sky Jacker Hydro 7000 Steering Stabilizers
K&N CAI JUNKED For A 6637
Straight Piped Dual 4"
Jasper 4R100 (Rebuilt in '05)
Tru-Cool Max
Dieselsite Coolant/Trans Filters
ISSPRO EV2 (Boost, EGT, Trans)
Centramatics
EBPV Switch
'07 Headlight Conversion
Foil Delete
Zoodad
Monitoring with Torque
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #704 of 717 Old 03-05-2018, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Behavior Modificationist

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurerider103 View Post
last night I uninstalled torque pro and reinstalled it and it didn't change anything.
It is doing this on my my Samsung Galaxy S 7 as well as my Pumpkin android radio

You've got me stumped at the moment and I won't be to my 7.3 until the weekend. As a fail-safe, have you read the initial pages of the thread to ensure you're set up properly?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 7.3L
Pro Comp 6.5" Lift
Pro Comp 16x10 Alloys
35x12.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Sky Jacker Hydro 7000 Steering Stabilizers
K&N CAI JUNKED For A 6637
Straight Piped Dual 4"
Jasper 4R100 (Rebuilt in '05)
Tru-Cool Max
Dieselsite Coolant/Trans Filters
ISSPRO EV2 (Boost, EGT, Trans)
Centramatics
EBPV Switch
'07 Headlight Conversion
Foil Delete
Zoodad
Monitoring with Torque
post #705 of 717 Old 03-07-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgTires4295 View Post
You've got me stumped at the moment and I won't be to my 7.3 until the weekend. As a fail-safe, have you read the initial pages of the thread to ensure you're set up properly?
ok I just master reset the radio, pre-installed Torque Pro, all the ford pids show up but the oil temp still doesn't go over 86.5F. There aren't any CEL bit I wonder if the oil temp sensor is bad. I don't have a scanner that reads oil temp.

post #706 of 717 Old 03-07-2018, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurerider103 View Post
ok I just master reset the radio, pre-installed Torque Pro, all the ford pids show up but the oil temp still doesn't go over 86.5F. There aren't any CEL bit I wonder if the oil temp sensor is bad. I don't have a scanner that reads oil temp.

Okay I know what I did wrong. When I originally went in to manage custom kids and I selected engine oil temp the unit type by default was set to Celsius and I change that to Fahrenheit so when I look at the difference in temperature I thought maybe if I change that back to Celsius it will fix the problem and it did

AgTires4295 likes this.

Last edited by futurerider103; 03-07-2018 at 04:04 PM.
post #707 of 717 Old 08-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Are you able to monitor all three exhaust gas temp sensors? Or is it necessary to monitor all three? I haven't paid for the pro torque app yet, just been using the free one that doesn't have EGT. Being new to diesels I'm not sure what exactly I should be looking at (what's most important?). I imagine coolant, oil, and transmission temps, as well as exhaust temps. Fuel pressure too?

I've used torque for years on my other vehicles...but trying to get a permanent tablet setup for the diesel now!
post #708 of 717 Old 08-11-2018, 02:42 PM
Island Dweller

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onecrazyfoo4u View Post
Are you able to monitor all three exhaust gas temp sensors? Or is it necessary to monitor all three? I haven't paid for the pro torque app yet, just been using the free one that doesn't have EGT. Being new to diesels I'm not sure what exactly I should be looking at (what's most important?). I imagine coolant, oil, and transmission temps, as well as exhaust temps. Fuel pressure too?

I've used torque for years on my other vehicles...but trying to get a permanent tablet setup for the diesel now!
There are no exhaust gas temp sensors and you cannot monitor EGT with Torque with a Bluetooth adapter. You also cannot monitor fuel pressure. You can monitor most other temperatures, boost, VGT, IPR, voltage, FICM, exhaust back pressure and a bunch more.

Shawn

2007 F-350 King Ranch FX4 LB Tow Boss DRW
SCT LiveWire, Atlas 80, TSD tunes, Blue Spring, Warren 155/30 injectors, KC Turbos Stage 2, IPResearch Oil Cooler Relocation, IPResearch EGR delete, IPResearch Gen 2 Coolant Filter, Magnaflow Dual Tip 5", Zoodad MOD, CCV MOD, AFE Pro Dry S OER Filter, Final Charge ELC, 08 style mirrors, SAP Diesel DD Solenoid, Derale Transmission Pan, Mishi CAC Tube and Boots, High Idle Mod, more to come..,
post #709 of 717 Old 08-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qholic View Post
There are no exhaust gas temp sensors and you cannot monitor EGT with Torque with a Bluetooth adapter. You also cannot monitor fuel pressure. You can monitor most other temperatures, boost, VGT, IPR, voltage, FICM, exhaust back pressure and a bunch more.
Oh well that's lame. I thought EGT was one of the critical things to monitor on diesels? What is VGT and IPR? How do you monitor EGT then? Have to get a separate tuner program to monitor?
post #710 of 717 Old 08-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Island Dweller

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Well, it is not lame if you consider that you can monitor a ton of stuff for $5 plus Bluetooth OBD dongle. EGT is critical if you are towing or running hard. I monitor EGT using my Livewire and use a splitter so that I can run it and Torque simultaneously. If you do not want to do that there many gauge setups that you can install.

IPR= Injector Pressure Regulator
VGT = Variable Geometry Turbo or how much the vanes are opening or closing

The picture is what I monitor using Torque
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-12-12-21-01.png
Views:	43
Size:	276.1 KB
ID:	706211  

Shawn

2007 F-350 King Ranch FX4 LB Tow Boss DRW
SCT LiveWire, Atlas 80, TSD tunes, Blue Spring, Warren 155/30 injectors, KC Turbos Stage 2, IPResearch Oil Cooler Relocation, IPResearch EGR delete, IPResearch Gen 2 Coolant Filter, Magnaflow Dual Tip 5", Zoodad MOD, CCV MOD, AFE Pro Dry S OER Filter, Final Charge ELC, 08 style mirrors, SAP Diesel DD Solenoid, Derale Transmission Pan, Mishi CAC Tube and Boots, High Idle Mod, more to come..,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode