Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

In Console Vault - Gun Safe

5K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  SonE1978 
#1 ·
Has anyone ordered this? Thought about ordering this? Ordered something like this?

Ford F250 Console Vault Selection

For obvious reasons, I think we all could benefit from something like this. You could keep important papers, firearms, expensive electronics, etc in your truck at all times and feel "safe" about them being secure.

Unless someone steals the whole truck :doh:

#4 ·
?????????????????? Just conceal and carry.WOW, you could not get to that fast enough if you really needed it anyway,but if it makes you feel better..........

#6 ·
Well just remember that you cannot conceal and carry at the bank, at a bar, at the post office, at many workplaces. It's nice to know that your "Concealed" gun is stored a bit more securely that sitting under the seat, in the truck or the glovebox. Until you have a $1100 1911 stolen and used in crime you may not understand the complexities. It also works well for those who have small-ish children that could access a handgun not secured...we lock em in the house...so lock em in the car too.

In other words, there's a bit more to it than simple personal protection from assailants.

Me myself, I'm a ninja.

#5 ·
Conceal and carry is great, until you go somewhere you can't. Then its nice to have a place to secure it!!

#8 ·
As long as she bolts down to the floor you should be ok, with such a vault.

Liability is huge this day and age. You of course need to verify the laws in your local area. Even if the truck is broken into, the modern thief is after the quick smash and grab most of the time, occasionally they'll take the whole truck. In which case you're out of luck anyway.

Its not for storage with the intent to use, its storage with the intent its secure.

#9 ·
I'll like to see if anyone has installed one of these. I've been wanting to get one, but would like to see one installed.

#10 ·
subscribed

#13 ·
still no pic`s .......anyone?

#15 ·
Well, the idea would be to discourage them not to even try the extra hassle to get inside. You break in the truck, open the console, and there's a safe. Not only is there a safe, but you can't get to any screws to unhinge it from the truck.

I don't know, I think it'd help. I'm gonna call them and see if they run any specials or discounts. It doesn't look hard at all to install, fairly straight forward actually...

And Mitch, I'll be joining the HD club here shortly.... hehe... Friday, I pick it up! :thumb:

#19 ·
I purchased directly from the manufacturer. Saved a few bucks that way. Simple to install, and it bolts in place. I got the one with the 4-number combo lock. It comes collapsed down, you put it in place and unfold it. Very solid feeling steel, with hinges for set-up. Once it is in place, you install a couple of screw bolts, from the inside of the safe. When the door is locked, they cannot be accessed. The entire safe is under the lip that is around the top of the console. That means that the safe, when set up, is actually larger than the opening, so it cannot be removed, except by destroying the console. Can be done, I suppose, but not in the fast smash and grab scenario.

I keep the above-mentioned stuff in it, along with some emergency cash and the registration for the truck and my trailer, key-lugs for the wheels, etc. There is so much room that I don’t know what else to put in there. When camping, I can even put my trailer observation monitor, RV GPS unit and TPMS monitor, so that they are handy, but out the way and out of sight.

I’d buy another, if I ever get another truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.