*ATTENTION* Please Sign - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

6Likes
  • 2 Post By Heavy_GD
  • 1 Post By CloverLeafFarm
  • 1 Post By Treatcg
  • 1 Post By JustinOOO9
  • 1 Post By jman37

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-19-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
*ATTENTION* Please Sign

Not sure if y'all have seen this but follow the link below, read, and sign to help save our love for diesels and motorsports in general

Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act | SEMA
https://www.sema.org/rpm-bill-summary

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-19-2019, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,111 Times in 2,018 Posts
Mentioned: 428 Post(s)
Quoted: 3119 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
No offense to anyone passionate about this, but the world has bigger issues.

Out of all the tuned trucks, maybe 10% of us is affected by this, the rest are all breaking the law no matter how its interpreted.
02_7.three and Swilly like this.

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #3 of 9 Old 09-19-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
No offense to anyone passionate about this, but the world has bigger issues.

Out of all the tuned trucks, maybe 10% of us is affected by this, the rest are all breaking the law no matter how its interpreted.
Of course the world has bigger issues and this was never meant to be perceived as the only one of any importance. This is, however, a simple thing that one could do to help aid in saving a sport that they care about. Passing along information is all. Good day!

Last edited by UR2EZ; 09-19-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Hate stupid people

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
there will be a 50 state mandatory inspection on all diesel pick up trucks soon with hefty fines/vehicle confiscation to anyone riding dirty on anything that had government mandated emissions, i.e. EGR/DEF/DPF AND removed.

I hope i'm wrong, but in early 2000s no one would have thought that within a couple years all diesel trucks would have those restrictions on them
UR2EZ likes this.

Illiana Strokers DICtator
EFI Live tuned 6.7

post #5 of 9 Old 09-19-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post
there will be a 50 state mandatory inspection on all diesel pick up trucks soon with hefty fines/vehicle confiscation to anyone riding dirty on anything that had government mandated emissions, i.e. EGR/DEF/DPF AND removed.

I hope i'm wrong, but in early 2000s no one would have thought that within a couple years all diesel trucks would have those restrictions on them
And it won't stop there. They're trying to take away tractor pulls, drag racing, offroad vehicles, different motorsports in general with their new version of the written law. It will also affect truck shows, after market support (as it is currently), et cetera.

post #6 of 9 Old 09-19-2019, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloverLeafFarm View Post

I hope your wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UR2EZ likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-19-2019, 11:29 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UR2EZ View Post
And it won't stop there. They're trying to take away tractor pulls, drag racing, offroad vehicles, different motorsports in general with their new version of the written law. It will also affect truck shows, after market support (as it is currently), et cetera.

I wouldn't go around putting my name on a bunch of list Uncle Sam can rifle through later on. Id much rather just vote for the right local, state, and federal officials and hope they stay true. There was a big article about how the feds were asking for the info of users who downloaded the target aps where you put a bracket on the firearm with your phone mounted for a virtual target practice etc. Just go out and use the limited voice you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. I may come off as paranoid but the more you sign yourself up for stuff the more of a target you become. Vote for others to become the target.
Heavy_GD likes this.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

Justin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustinOOO9 For This Useful Post:
Heavy_GD (09-19-2019)
post #8 of 9 Old 09-19-2019, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
And people wonder why 6.0's, 7.3's, 6.6's (non DPF) and 5.9's are still selling for $15k-$???? because of crap like this. Pretty soon we'll start seeing the 6.5 DD's going for money like that.

Just kidding.
UR2EZ likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-19-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
I wouldn't go around putting my name on a bunch of list Uncle Sam can rifle through later on. Id much rather just vote for the right local, state, and federal officials and hope they stay true. There was a big article about how the feds were asking for the info of users who downloaded the target aps where you put a bracket on the firearm with your phone mounted for a virtual target practice etc. Just go out and use the limited voice you have to vote for the lesser of two evils. I may come off as paranoid but the more you sign yourself up for stuff the more of a target you become. Vote for others to become the target.
I agree with you but this isn't a government site. Yes, it is better/safer for you to write these letters in person and send them to your government officials but I highly doubt that SEMA is in cahoots with Uncle Sam. They are hugely affected/worried by this as we are and are trying to make it easier for the average joe to stand up for what he believes in by doing the hard part. Either way, I just wanted to pass it along to those who might wanna participate in helping the sport(s). If nothing else, maybe it will open the eyes of those who think that this isn't a big deal and that it'll never come to fruition to see that it is affecting a lot more than what they realize.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode