My Livewire was stolen before I even installed it - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 09-16-2019, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My Livewire was stolen before I even installed it

I bought a Livewire TS+. It was way more than I could afford because I already tossed all my fun money into the truck. I tore into it and decided to just replace anything that made sense since I had it apart. HPOP, Water pump, rebuilt the turbo, new oil line in and out, rebuilt the wiring harness, bluespring, EGR "stuff", just a buttload of things. I grabbed the Livewire to monitor my temps after the rebuild and maybe improve my MPG or fun factor. I took it out of the box, plugged it into my computer and did 900 updates and then plopped it in the center console of my truck to install in the near future.

Fast forward two weeks.

I have my engine finally back together and was so happy it all worked I thought it might be smart to plugin the Livewire so I can see if I had any of my sensor wires plugged into the wrong ports. (3 of them use the exact same plug)
Looked in the center console and the Livewire was gone.

The brand new Kindle was in there. The brand new double din stereo was in there. The old car stereo was in the backseat. They just took the Livewire and the incorrect ODB cable. They probably thought it was a GPS or something silly. They won't even be able to power it on. It's going to end up in a trashcan somewhere. Hopefully a pawn shop.

People suck.

It sucks going from such an amazing high, (getting the truck started) to such a low, (finding out somebody stole from you). Bleh.

Ultimately it was my own fault. What dummy leaves a tuner in a car that may or may not be locked every time? I suspect I forgot to lock one of the doors one night. I even have cameras on my property. I just can't find when it happened.

The pity party is over. Hey, at least she starts!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode