Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/)
-   General Diesel Discussion (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-diesel-discussion/)
-   -   An unbiased review of Tony Wildman products (https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-diesel-discussion/1345475-unbiased-review-tony-wildman-products.html)

Scriminal 07-09-2018 01:18 PM

An unbiased review of Tony Wildman products

In the end, Tony took care of my problems and was more than fair. Thanks.

repalmer 07-09-2018 01:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I'd still file a dispute with your cc company. Most likely you'll get your money back and keep the hydra. The cc company has no need for it.
Just tell them everything, i.e. he wanted a restocking fee for something that was messed up, etc.

junior125 07-09-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repalmer (Post 16118339)
I'd still file a dispute with your cc company. Most likely you'll get your money back and keep the hydra. The cc company has no need for it.
Just tell them everything, i.e. he wanted a restocking fee for something that was messed up, etc.

Restocking fee for a physical product is not uncommon, especially something that was obviously installed

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

repalmer 07-09-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior125 (Post 16118391)
Quote:

Originally Posted by repalmer (Post 16118339)

Restocking fee for a physical product is not uncommon, especially something that was obviously installed

Of course, but only if the customer changed their mind and didn't want it. Not if the product was defective

junior125 07-09-2018 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by repalmer (Post 16118415)
Of course, but only if the customer changed their mind and didn't want it. Not if the product was defective

If stock tunes work the hydra isn't defective

ZMANN 07-09-2018 03:45 PM

I remember going with Tony when IDP left me hanging and that was on tunes only the cost was well over 100.00 i just wrote it off to giving them bad PR every chance i got LOL

Tony had me dialed in and even made a few adjustments

but that was years ago I know Tony has been less than available for some as of late

mhatlen 07-09-2018 03:57 PM

I think these tuners are maybe ALL a top grade long running pain in the proverbial azz.

I can’t even express how bad it was to get anyone at PHP to simply answer a ringing phone. But to their credit they far exceeded that with their email skills. It honestly got so bad if I was burning time standing still I’d chuckle pull phone out to see if it would be answered.

This goes back I’m gonna say 5-6 years when Angela wasn’t answering the phones during business hours. But that said they had the goods and eventually at a tree growing pace took care of you. So I have laughed it off

Think it’s a shame they are not a end customer business, but there just may be some solid reason for that.

Damn ok I’m done too.

DieselDC 07-09-2018 08:16 PM

I honestly like the ya chip better b/c it’s more mechanical but the part of sending off turns me away. Wish I could change tunes with a manual dialer but for my hydra.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

repalmer 07-09-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior125 (Post 16118419)
Quote:

Originally Posted by repalmer (Post 16118415)

If stock tunes work the hydra isn't defective

The hydra isn't defective, but the tunes that he paid for on the hydra that he bought from the guy are bad. Can't return the tunes or the hydra because of the lack of customer service.
If I buy a computer from best buy and the software is messed up, they'll take it back and give me another or fix the software. One or the other, not just not answer my phone calls and then when they do, tell me there's a charge to return something defective.
I get what you're saying about the hydra not being defective, but I believe it's a package deal. Especially when there's that much of a lack of service

Heavy_GD 07-10-2018 04:34 AM

Customer service is key, the I want it now, 2 day prime, make it appear that I am the only customer generation will struggle.
This is a valuable thread for that type of person and I appreciate the use of fact over the drama and emotion we normally have to read through.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/13ZHjidRzoi7n2/giphy.gif