An unbiased review of Tony Wildman products - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General Diesel Discussion Discuss everything else pertaining to Diesel Pickups.

 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 Old 07-11-2018, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Monterey
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hello, this is the original poster. I guess this started a big thread. What I will probably do is just dispute the $25 that he said he would give me back. And even if I were to dispute the entire amount I don't feel like that is taking advantage of the system. It is good that credit card companies are there to protect the consumer. Yes, we pay a lot of fees, so when something does go wrong we should take advantage of the benefits that they have. Like Amazon, if you order something from them and it's not right they will take care of it 100%. One time I had a package that just didn't show up, and they sent me another one no questions asked. They just took my word for it. That's why they are successful and make billions of dollars every year.
Scriminal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 29 Old 07-11-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Monterey
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Also, if I had it over to do it again, I would probably just buy the TS chip for a hundred sixty five bucks from Amazon. Half the price and probably does the exact same thing that I have right now
Scriminal is offline  
post #23 of 29 Old 07-11-2018, 02:56 PM
Fummins Mod


 
junior125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 12,729
Thanks: 200
Thanked 492 Times in 478 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2190 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriminal View Post
Hello, this is the original poster. I guess this started a big thread. What I will probably do is just dispute the $25 that he said he would give me back. And even if I were to dispute the entire amount I don't feel like that is taking advantage of the system. It is good that credit card companies are there to protect the consumer. Yes, we pay a lot of fees, so when something does go wrong we should take advantage of the benefits that they have. Like Amazon, if you order something from them and it's not right they will take care of it 100%. One time I had a package that just didn't show up, and they sent me another one no questions asked. They just took my word for it. That's why they are successful and make billions of dollars every year.
shoot him another email reminding him about it, he really only does tuning type stuff as free time comes around

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
junior125 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 29 Old 07-11-2018, 03:00 PM
DieselDC
 
DieselDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,387
Thanks: 44
Thanked 183 Times in 181 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriminal View Post
Also, if I had it over to do it again, I would probably just buy the TS chip for a hundred sixty five bucks from Amazon. Half the price and probably does the exact same thing that I have right now


Yes, they are all the same. Tunes are from 2002?! Nothing wrong with that. Our trucks are pretty much the same (at least mine is since new).

TBH, I would do hydra b4 any other tuners. Works great for our 7.3!


—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...
DieselDC is offline  
post #25 of 29 Old 07-11-2018, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Monterey
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior125 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriminal View Post
Hello, this is the original poster. I guess this started a big thread. What I will probably do is just dispute the $25 that he said he would give me back. And even if I were to dispute the entire amount I don't feel like that is taking advantage of the system. It is good that credit card companies are there to protect the consumer. Yes, we pay a lot of fees, so when something does go wrong we should take advantage of the benefits that they have. Like Amazon, if you order something from them and it's not right they will take care of it 100%. One time I had a package that just didn't show up, and they sent me another one no questions asked. They just took my word for it. That's why they are successful and make billions of dollars every year.
shoot him another email reminding him about it, he really only does tuning type stuff as free time comes around
I sent him plenty of emails. I'm sure he's a great guy and I'm sure he gets a lot of really annoying emails from people that don't even end up buying his product. But he should figure out how to provide some customer support for people that do buy his products. Or stop selling his products and stick to whatever his normal line of work is.
Scriminal is offline  
post #26 of 29 Old 07-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Fummins Mod


 
junior125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 12,729
Thanks: 200
Thanked 492 Times in 478 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 2190 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriminal View Post
I sent him plenty of emails. I'm sure he's a great guy and I'm sure he gets a lot of really annoying emails from people that don't even end up buying his product. But he should figure out how to provide some customer support for people that do buy his products. Or stop selling his products and stick to whatever his normal line of work is.
lemme see if he catches the tag and then he should get you fixed up

@twildman can you help get this gentleman squared away

Mike
2005 CCSB F250 4X4

P-Pump 12 Valve/NV4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Cornville View Post
When a saint tells you, ya gotta listen.
junior125 is offline  
post #27 of 29 Old 07-11-2018, 04:42 PM
Premium Member
 
twildman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 1,217
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Junior, thanks for the tag.

As far as the op goes, I got an email on May19th, advising that the tunes were shifting funny. I replied to have him fill out the Hydra tune modification order on my website. No order, so OP sent me another email on June 09 again. I don't know if I replied to that one or not, as I use my phone and computer for emails and they don't sync. So on the 24th of June, I was going thru emails on my computer and saw his last email, and nothing since. So I sent him an email advising I hadn't heard back. He replied and told me he didn't receive the email, and said he wanted the to have the difference refunded for the tunes. I told him the difference was 25 dollars and that I would do that. I also told him, that if he wanted a full refund, then he would need to send the chip back to me. I never mentioned any restocking fee in my email as that is only for someone who decides they don't want the chip, not for someone who is having issues.

Dan said he would take the 25. I said ok, and thought I did refund it, just checked my paypal, and I haven't refunded it and that is on me. Not gonna lie, its been a damn tough last couple of weeks, because it was 5 years on the 26th of June for Morgan, and I'm not using that as an excuse, but that was a tough day.

That being said, I have never tried to cheat anyone or steal anything from them. I do this on the side just me, and I also travel alot with my other job. Just an explanation, no excuses.

I realize I am hard to get ahold of, read the about on my website, I acknowledge that. I never have said different.

Dan said he wished he would have bought the TS chip from Amazon for 180 in his email. Good enough, I just refunded him the difference between that. I hope that is satisfactory.

Thanks
Teazr, junior125 and 00t444e like this.

Custom tuning for your 1994-2010 Powerstroke Diesel
Full line of performance products for all brands of diesels
05 King Ranch with some stuff on it.
twildman is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twildman For This Useful Post:
junior125 (07-11-2018), ZMANN (07-11-2018)
post #28 of 29 Old 07-11-2018, 05:05 PM
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

 
ZMANN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 28,255
Thanks: 2,171
Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,749 Posts
Mentioned: 691 Post(s)
Quoted: 3899 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that was


i forgot you were a vendor Tony

and Again my condolences I know Morgan's journey was a difficult one and every time I see your name pop up her memory is there for me

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ZMANN is offline  
post #29 of 29 Old 07-11-2018, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Monterey
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by twildman View Post
Junior, thanks for the tag.

As far as the op goes, I got an email on May19th, advising that the tunes were shifting funny. I replied to have him fill out the Hydra tune modification order on my website. No order, so OP sent me another email on June 09 again. I don't know if I replied to that one or not, as I use my phone and computer for emails and they don't sync. So on the 24th of June, I was going thru emails on my computer and saw his last email, and nothing since. So I sent him an email advising I hadn't heard back. He replied and told me he didn't receive the email, and said he wanted the to have the difference refunded for the tunes. I told him the difference was 25 dollars and that I would do that. I also told him, that if he wanted a full refund, then he would need to send the chip back to me. I never mentioned any restocking fee in my email as that is only for someone who decides they don't want the chip, not for someone who is having issues.

Dan said he would take the 25. I said ok, and thought I did refund it, just checked my paypal, and I haven't refunded it and that is on me. Not gonna lie, its been a damn tough last couple of weeks, because it was 5 years on the 26th of June for Morgan, and I'm not using that as an excuse, but that was a tough day.

That being said, I have never tried to cheat anyone or steal anything from them. I do this on the side just me, and I also travel alot with my other job. Just an explanation, no excuses.

I realize I am hard to get ahold of, read the about on my website, I acknowledge that. I never have said different.

Dan said he wished he would have bought the TS chip from Amazon for 180 in his email. Good enough, I just refunded him the difference between that. I hope that is satisfactory.

Thanks
More than satisfactory Tony. Like I said I'm sure you're a great guy and great tuner. It just didn't work out for me. We all get busy sometimes. I never thought you tried to cheat me, my only complaint was the lack of responsiveness when I paid for one of your products. Thank you.
Scriminal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome