Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What is the first mod you plan on installing when you get your new truck

8K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Alberta Advantage 
#1 ·
I personally will be doing airbags
I had them on my 11 then took off before trade for 15 then sold to friend, loved em
Should of put on 15 but since I'm upgrading to 20 I will be getting new ones with onboard compressor

#5 ·
If you bought a new Raptor, Ramen. Nah I hate that stuff.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
#8 ·
Look on eBay. I got whole platinum Katzkin crew cab leather for $550 new. Installed myself

Reactions: Work Truck Fanatic
#9 ·
I bought a 2020 350 dually platinum.

I got 24.5 alcoas milled down that I'm putting 37s on. I will delete as soon as I get it too.

#10 ·
just ordered a full air bag for my 2020 f450 from sdtrucksprings, black friday sale

1 x 2005-2016 Ford F250, F350 4wd - Firestone "Coil-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs (NO-DRILL) [FRONT] (4160)
Union Tee (Optional) 1/4" Union Tee (Control Two Springs Together) $95.12
1 x 2017-2020 Ford F-450 Dually 2wd 4wd (w/ or w/out in bed hitch) - Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs (NO-DRILL) [REAR] (2604)
Union Tee (Optional) 1/4" Union Tee (Control Two Springs Together) $362.06
1 x Firestone "Xtreme Duty" Air Compressor - F3 Wireless Dual Air Command System w/ 2 Gallon Tank & & Inflation Wand with Gauge (2592)
Mounting Bracket #2588 + #2496 - No Drill Mount to Frame $1,027.44

#11 ·
I’m gonna get some nice fuzzy dice to hang from my rear view mirror!

#12 ·
I got the dealer to buy me a nice BAKflip MX4 tonneau cover.
I’ll buy some WeatherTech floor mats
And some nice BulletProof kickback mud flaps
Good to go!

#13 ·
Go big or go home.

Linex Ultra in the box
Road Armor bumpers
Royalty Core grille
Upgraded antisway bar and high performance shocks
Protech smooth alloy cross box, an extra large one that is made to fit exclusively an 8-foot Superduty bed, powdercoated to match the truck.
Weathertech floor mats
Upgraded horn
Backup beeper
Some discreet LED bars managed by the auxiliary switches
Valentine radar detector
Yaesu ham radio
Edge engine monitor
Upgraded audio system
Upgraded fuel-water separator
Upgraded tires and a full spare including TPMS
Duraflap mud flaps

Keeping the truck stock in terms of chip, exhaust, factory lift, and so on.
All this on a 2020 6.7TD crew cab longbed, 4x4.
The truck comes with the full towing package including all the remote cameras.
Thinking about a security system (someone recently knocked out my driver side door lock while parked overnight in Sacramento while driving across the country).

Considering some additional features.
Suggestions?

#14 ·
Ford as decided to start building mine yet, but I already bough it some Christmas presents.

From SDTruckSpring.com

Firestone "Xtreme Duty" Air Compressor - F3 Wireless Dual Air Command System w/ 2 Gallon Tank & Inflation Wand with Gauge
Mounting Bracket - #2588 + #2496 - No Drill Mount to Frame
2017-2020 Ford F-450 Dually 2wd 4wd (w/ or w/out in bed hitch) - Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs (NO-DRILL) [REAR]
Union Tee (Optional) - 1/4" Union Tee (Control Two Springs Together)
2005-2016 Ford F250, F350 4wd - Firestone "Coil-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs (NO-DRILL) [FRONT]
2017-2019 Ford F250, F350, F450, F550 4wd - Heavy Duty Bilstein Shock Absorber (Front)
2017-2019 Ford F250, F350 4wd - Heavy Duty Bilstein Shock Absorber (Rear)
Kleinn Model 220 Dual Train Horn w/ 154.2 db output
2008-2016 Ford F-250, F-350 Super Duty 4wd - Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer (Single)
Gen Y "the Boss" 21k 9" Drop Hitch
WeatheeTech front and rear 3D floorMats
WeatherTech front and rear Window deflectors
Aimsoils dual by pass oil filter

It already costed me more in accessories than the Deposit. I have a pile of boxes waiting for a truck, LOL

#31 ·
Ford as decided to start building mine yet, but I already bough it some Christmas presents.

From SDTruckSpring.com

Firestone "Xtreme Duty" Air Compressor - F3 Wireless Dual Air Command System w/ 2 Gallon Tank & Inflation Wand with Gauge
Mounting Bracket - #2588 + #2496 - No Drill Mount to Frame
2017-2020 Ford F-450 Dually 2wd 4wd (w/ or w/out in bed hitch) - Firestone "Ride-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs (NO-DRILL) [REAR]
2005-2016 Ford F250, F350 4wd - Firestone "Coil-Rite" Air Bag Helper Springs (NO-DRILL) [FRONT]
2017-2019 Ford F250, F350, F450, F550 4wd - Heavy Duty Bilstein Shock Absorber (Front)
2017-2019 Ford F250, F350 4wd - Heavy Duty Bilstein Shock Absorber (Rear)
Kleinn Model 220 Dual Train Horn w/ 154.2 db output
2008-2016 Ford F-250, F-350 Super Duty 4wd - Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer (Single)
Gen Y "the Boss" 21k 9" Drop Hitch
WeatheeTech front and rear 3D floorMats
WeatherTech front and rear Window deflectors
Aimsoils dual by pass oil filter

It already costed me more in accessories than the Deposit. I have a pile of boxes waiting for a truck, LOL
Did you install the Kleinn Model 220 Dual Train Horn?

I planned to buy the Kleinn SDKIT17-734 three-horn, no drill kit, but Pete from Klienn told me "It won't fit the 2021 F350 with the diesel intercooler, you will need the SDKIT17-734STL, the horns go in place of the spare tire on this one since they don't fit up front."

I really do not want to lose the spare, so does the kit you bought fit?

#15 ·
I've got a spare valve stem cap on order.
It's BLACK

#20 ·
Minor stuff compared to above but a couple handy things I've done. I have an XLT. I added the little 2 cup holder in the bottom, center console. Sounds silly but I don't want drinks on top of the console spilling everywhere. I also added the Ford tailgate shock to make the tailgate slowly open.

#23 ·
Just broke 500 miles on mine. So far I have added the Tremor front valance, a peragon bed cover, window tint, line X bed liner. In the upcomming weeks I plan to add some LED headlights, wheel well liners, mud flaps and paint matched emblems/mirror caps.

In regards to CGK...I went with the Peragon over the popular bakflip for a few reasons. The biggest reason is that the peragon comes off the truck in seconds, folds up and fits under the back seat of the truck. I haul a golf cart when we go camping and the cart will not fit with anythign else in the bed. I need every inch I can get lol.

#27 ·
Bakflip MX4 box cover, Husky floor mats, mud flaps, Edit a few things with forscan. Everytime i buy a new truck, these are things that get done as soon as it's delivered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.