Thanked 1,081 Times in 1,009 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scha0786 View Post
from ford?
No, but it would be cool if Ford offered different tuning levels and shift points.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 12-03-2019, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah i'll pass on aftermarket tunes.

I remember that duboggle back in the ol 6.0 days.

2019 F350 6.7 CCSB 4x4 XL with STX 3.55 elocker LED license plate lights Iconic OEM running boards coverking seat covers AVS bug shield Edge insight CS2

04 F250 6.0L (sold at 254k and rollin stock HG, HPOP, injectors)
post #23 of 26 Old 12-03-2019, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Mine will shift into 6th between 45-50 MPH like the others have posted and lug it and downshift on a hill if it drops to 41-42 MPH

I think it just is what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 Old 12-04-2019, 11:02 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,081 Times in 1,009 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scha0786 View Post
yeah i'll pass on aftermarket tunes.

I remember that duboggle back in the ol 6.0 days.
I'm not sure what you are referring to. I tuned my 6.0 within two or three months after I bought it and never had an issue with the tunes I ran. I did do headgaskets at 185k miles, but there's been a lot of non-tuned trucks that didn't last that long. That truck is still going strong at around 275k miles now and still tuned with SPD.

I initially was not going to tune my 6.7, but I despise the EGR/SCR/DPF requirements and the problems that go along with them. Custom tuning is the only way to get around that.

However, you can also get emissions legal tunes and TCM only tunes. So you can keep the OEM tuning for the engine, if you prefer, and only change parameters (ie. shift points) for the transmission. My shift points are almost perfect. The upshifts are spot on, but I wouldn't mind if the downshifts were delayed a little.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #25 of 26 Old 12-04-2019, 04:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Mine shifts to 6th OD around 45MPH at about 1200RPM. It seems to lug that low, but Ford does that to maximize MPG.
post #26 of 26 Old 12-05-2019, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
so I think we can put this thread to bed. It appears everyone's truck shifts early and lugs.

I just wanted to make sure mine wasn't having issues.

It seems if I'm heavy on the throttle or have a trailer hooked behind it actually shifts way better.

Regardless, it has to be way better than those 10 speed guys, slamming and searching all day long.

2019 F350 6.7 CCSB 4x4 XL with STX 3.55 elocker LED license plate lights Iconic OEM running boards coverking seat covers AVS bug shield Edge insight CS2

04 F250 6.0L (sold at 254k and rollin stock HG, HPOP, injectors)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode