General 6.7 Discussion (2017-2019) General 6.7 Discussion

29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 Old 09-19-2019, 10:00 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
@Discount Tire is definitely the way to go if you can. I bought a set of Yokos for my dodge, and didn’t like the noise from them. I went back after about 30 miles, and just paid the difference for Michelins. Their customer service is pretty hard to beat.
jokester00 and gypsees like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 Old 09-19-2019, 10:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
Pull the weights, toss in some Dynabeads and enjoy the ride, wheel weights are overrated

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The "road force" balance is done on a very expensive spin balancer that will catch non conforming tires that a normal spin balancer will not. 3 of my 4 tires won't pass the "road force" balance and the truck has a bit of a vibration at about 40-50 mph. I bought commercial grade load range E off brand tires over the internet so there is little use in trying to chase the seller and get replacements as I already paid to have them mounted and balanced locally. I did this at a shop I trust 100 percent and the advice given was to not buy off brand tires in the future. The vibration I feel is not bad enough to get concerned so I will live with it. The OP lady may have more or very disconcerting vibration and I paid $800 for four tires at a dealership, I would expect to be treated better. Don't have any idea what the dealer's shop manager would say to this thread so won't guess at fault or blame for the heated words but the bad Goodyear tires are inexcusable.
gypsees likes this.

2006 Ford F-350 6.0L Auto CC 4WD LB
2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith trike
Mico TX
post #23 of 44 Old 09-19-2019, 11:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
OP could always get the tires trued. Shave ‘em to get them perfectly round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 44 Old 09-20-2019, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I currently have Goodyear tires on the truck and will not ever pay for a set of Goodyear tires. Never had good luck with them. Either hard to balance or they wear out to quickly and traction is less than satisfactory.

Would’ve been better off getting Michelin or Toyo tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #25 of 44 Old 09-23-2019, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
The "road force" balance is done on a very expensive spin balancer that will catch non conforming tires that a normal spin balancer will not. 3 of my 4 tires won't pass the "road force" balance and the truck has a bit of a vibration at about 40-50 mph. I bought commercial grade load range E off brand tires over the internet so there is little use in trying to chase the seller and get replacements as I already paid to have them mounted and balanced locally. I did this at a shop I trust 100 percent and the advice given was to not buy off brand tires in the future. The vibration I feel is not bad enough to get concerned so I will live with it. The OP lady may have more or very disconcerting vibration and I paid $800 for four tires at a dealership, I would expect to be treated better. Don't have any idea what the dealer's shop manager would say to this thread so won't guess at fault or blame for the heated words but the bad Goodyear tires are inexcusable.
The main point is that if you buy tires at a dealer you have a right to get round tires and if they come with lifetime balancing you have a right to have them balanced! As to the vibration I REALLY hope you do not end up encountering the death wobble in the near future because MY experience and a friend's similar experience tells me that when my tires are not right or when they get worn I get death wobble. It's a horrible and dangerous thing not seen only in fords. Good luck to you and sorry you got burned on your tires. I think I paid an expensive "good" tire price for sub standard and bargain basement tires. I'm still mad about it too but grateful a reputable tire company was able to help me. I'm not done with this yet. I plan to write some letters and I still may go to small claims court. I don't yet know if I will get any compensation for the balancing for the life of the tire or not but my initial thoughts are fat chance.
post #26 of 44 Old 09-23-2019, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jav_eee View Post
OP could always get the tires trued. Shave ‘em to get them perfectly round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I refuse to pay the price I paid for tires and then have to resort to some "fix" for sub standard equipment. That is not acceptable to me. If they had not been replaced by goodyear I would have bought another set of some kind of tire from a reputable tire dealer and recycled the garbage they sold me.
post #27 of 44 Old 09-23-2019, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar View Post
I currently have Goodyear tires on the truck and will not ever pay for a set of Goodyear tires. Never had good luck with them. Either hard to balance or they wear out to quickly and traction is less than satisfactory.

Would’ve been better off getting Michelin or Toyo tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Next time I will try some Michellen tires I think. Best tires I ever had were Perelli but that was on a sports car..lol.. The goodyears I had on the truck new did not last long but I did like the ride. My truck does not ride like a truck. And they moved well enough in 4wd when I needed to go thru gunk. But you are right about them not lasting and hard to get a good set. This whole thing has been a nightmare. NEVER AGAIN!
post #28 of 44 Old 09-23-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
I'd listen to voodooridr, he knows a thing or two about Ford dealers. This whole thread is just a venting/what options do I have conversation but in reality you already knew your options and you exhausted them already. Shocked you only paid $800 for 4 tires at a dealer (that would have been a warning sign to me right there) and when that is the case it's usually because they have a giant amount of said tire so they want to move product. It's unfortunate you had to spend money to basically be thrown away but next time you'll know to go to a tire shop.
Actually no this thread was not intended to be a "venting" thread. I wanted to know from people who work for these lying sacks of excrement if they BUY SECONDS OR THIRDS. That's what I really wanted to know. I already know I got screwed and I did learn a very valuable lesson..lol.. I did vent but that is because I am still PISSED. I really just wanted to know WHY they refused to fix this since the tires were defective from the start and I'm pretty sure they lied to me about replacing ANY of them and they thought I was stupid enough to believe they ate the cost of the ones they supposedly replaced. AND I still never got an answer to what I really wanted to know! I'm pretty sure they bought the tires they sold me from someone selling seconds and thirds cheap but I guess I will never know.

As a result of all this and NO trust in any of the dealers, we are not having them do any more service either. My husband is going to do it and we are going to keep good records and HOPE we don't have further issues but I have no faith in Ford at all so who knows? I really wish I'd just bought an old 80's model truck that would pull my trailer and been done with all the BS. Some days it just isn't worth it.
post #29 of 44 Old 09-23-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman37 View Post
I'd listen to voodooridr, he knows a thing or two about Ford dealers. This whole thread is just a venting/what options do I have conversation but in reality you already knew your options and you exhausted them already. Shocked you only paid $800 for 4 tires at a dealer (that would have been a warning sign to me right there) and when that is the case it's usually because they have a giant amount of said tire so they want to move product. It's unfortunate you had to spend money to basically be thrown away but next time you'll know to go to a tire shop.
Listen to someone who tells me balanced tires are over-rated? If you say so. I don't really agree with letting the dealer off the hook and going the warranty rout after the "sale" of a tire when they never delivered a working product from the get go but hey if it works for you go for it.
post #30 of 44 Old 09-23-2019, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 1082 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Actually I never once said balanced tires were over-rated so thanks for using your place of anger to put words in my mouth, I'm actually quite the fan of balanced tires which is why I advocate for DynaBeads , I personally spent years trying to get a dynamically out of round tire to stop flinging weights off on the freeway
As for the dealer intentionally selling you seconds or thirds I have to cry Bullsh1t, a ford dealer logs on to the Ford Tire Tool website and picks a size, a load rating then selects the quantity they need and hits enter, I personally have NEVER seen a "send me seconds or thirds" box to check (I'll look again but I bet it's not there) So you go right on thinking the dealer went out of their way to rip you off since no amount of logic or common sense is going to sway your opinion.
I was only trying to help you get to a place where you could find balance but you don't appear to want help you want to vent instead of finding a solution (hint, road force balancing isn't it no matter how much you pay for it) so I'm going to wander off and find something sparkly to occupy my spare time, feel free to leave me out of your rants
jman37, retaliashun and 18M_RWR like this.

2004 F250 CCSB 4X4
4" Skyjacker lift
3:73 gears
35x12.5x18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on Method MR309 wheels
KDD heads, ARP studs, BD exhaust manifolds, DieselSite up pipes, Mishimoto degas bottle
PHP Insight PRO
PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode