General 6.7 Discussion (2017-2019) General 6.7 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-21-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Haulin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
inner rear dually tires?

Question, I have a 2019 KRDRW and I got the tires re-balanced, this am, all tires stayed in the same spot, the front tires have white walls to the outside as well as the outer rear tires. When we went to take the inner rear tire off the hub, both sides are blackwalls, on both inner rear tires. So I wont be able to properly rotate the tires on my truck as there is not a whitewall on one side of each of the inner rear tires. One would think with the money we spend on these trucks that you should be able to rotate and balance all 6 tires the correct way which is in a circle on each side. So does anyone else have this same problem? Shouldn't one side of the rear inner tires be a whitewall?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-22-2019, 05:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue_08 View Post
Question, I have a 2019 KRDRW and I got the tires re-balanced, this am, all tires stayed in the same spot, the front tires have white walls to the outside as well as the outer rear tires. When we went to take the inner rear tire off the hub, both sides are blackwalls, on both inner rear tires. So I wont be able to properly rotate the tires on my truck as there is not a whitewall on one side of each of the inner rear tires. One would think with the money we spend on these trucks that you should be able to rotate and balance all 6 tires the correct way which is in a circle on each side. So does anyone else have this same problem? Shouldn't one side of the rear inner tires be a whitewall?
My DRW lariat came with the Alcoaís. 4 of them. The inners are ugly steel so no rotating them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
19 F450. Hauls my toys. Dumont regular
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build thread:

Truck pics on IG @ Jetjock15

Iíve owned previous vehicles but I wonít waste the forum space to list them, oh ya, and you donít care
post #3 of 5 Old 08-22-2019, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Suggest you call your dealership and ask. If that's the way Ford does it (2 blackwall and 4 whitewall) then the best you can do is rotate the 2 inner tires. At least the other 4 can be rotated front to back.

I love my DRW but rotating is a PITA with having to dismount the tires, etc. That's why I do it every 10k miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-22-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Haulin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Update, the DRW Trucks come that way from the factory, the book for the truck shows to rotate the rear tires as a set from the right to the left then the lefts to the right. And just switch the fronts from side to side.
But I think that I will be doing this, the left rears going to the right rears, the right rears going to the fronts, the fronts going to the left rear. Any one have any other suggestions? I could also make circle on both sides of the truck with each three tires staying on there respective sides. Any thoughts on this?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-23-2019, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue_08 View Post
Update, the DRW Trucks come that way from the factory, the book for the truck shows to rotate the rear tires as a set from the right to the left then the lefts to the right. And just switch the fronts from side to side.
But I think that I will be doing this, the left rears going to the right rears, the right rears going to the fronts, the fronts going to the left rear. Any one have any other suggestions? I could also make circle on both sides of the truck with each three tires staying on there respective sides. Any thoughts on this?
I suspect that Ford shows swapping on the same axles (left to right and vice versa) so that you don't have to dismount the tires. Faster and cheaper for sure.

When I rotate and balance mine (now keep in mind that I have all black wall tires), I have all 6 dismounted and the rear outers go to the front. Then the rear inners go to rear outers. And finally the fronts become the rear inners. Basically after 3 rotations all tires have moved from inner to outer to front. I used to cross axle them (left to right and front to back but it became too much to keep track of - - lol). And as noted above, I only rotate/balance now every 10k miles because it's time consuming and costs me about $75 (tires are OE so the tire shop I use doesn't rotate/balance them for free like they do when you purchase the tires from them).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode