Join Date: Feb 2019
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
test driving 2017 F250 6.7 4x4, what problems/issues to look for?
Driving a ways to test drive a 2017 F250 Lariat FX4 (w/ Lariat Ultimate package). Fairly low miles at 26k, the Carfax is clean. The truck has been on the dealer lot for 40 days and the price they're asking ($55k) is pretty good. So part of me thinks there's something wrong with it, but it could also be that the dealer is a Subaru dealership well in the city and doesn't get the kind of used car buyers looking for a F250 diesel.
I pulled an Oasis report that shows only a few minor warranty items done:
1. connector C408 for the touchscreen needed to be cleaned and resealed
2. sunroof slides were broken (replaced)
3. the 3 pronged end of the block heater's cord needed TA-32 applied to the cap
I plan to:
1. check the idle hours vs total hours
2. verify all electronics/bells and whistles work
3. drain the water separator
4. check for leaking/evaporated coolant or other signs of any fluid leaks.
5. check for any signs of modifications (they've got aftermarket rims and tires, so other mods may be likely)
6. drive till it's at full operating temp, engage 4x4 and e-locker
7. check for rust
If everything checks out I'll put down a deposit and take it took a diesel mechanic to give it a thorough inspection, but what other red flags in the 2017 can I look out for?