2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 Old 06-11-2019, 02:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops361 View Post
Luckily mine is stationary so I donít have to worry about it, but thanks!

The TT is pretty much brand new (2019 model purchased end of November) so all bearings and tires are good to go. They all have about 1500 miles on them just from local camping trips. And Iím a stickler about loading and weights and Iím pretty sure I annoy my wife with it lol

I joke I go to CAT scales as a hobby. I stop before each trip to make sure Iím in limitations on the truck, TT, and combined. This was more because we were at the top end of the trailer capacity with my old truck, but am definitely going to make sure I weigh it with all the cross country goodies and cargo.

I carry a full tool set (old set from the garage) with everything I could ever need and pretty much everything else you listed is on the list. Except with the 48 gallon tank in my long bed, Iím really having to convince myself to bring the extra fuel. But I probably will.

Bummer about the roof! Thatís not a repair Iím looking to make on a 6 month old trailer, but stuff happens! Glad you got her all fixed up though.

I want the S637s... but they donít make my tire size.

Do you like the EZ? Iíve read reviews ranging from it is amazing to it was DOA. Iím really struggling finding one that I feel good spending the money on.

Yeah I hear that. I had a CEL on my old truck pop up as we were pulling out of a campground to drive 5 hours home. Read it and it was fuel related. That was a fun autozone parking lot trouble shoot. Actually was the last trip with that truck. Bought the 6.7 8 days later.

Iím planning on taking two boxes just Incase! But looking forward to bulk DEF prices and convenience at the truck stops.
Regarding my EZ Link: A few weeks ago before hitting the road, the head unit and tire monitors had a difficult time linking. I changed the batteries in the monitors and off I went. Some time back I added the repeater that goes along with the system and never encountered a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 06-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I didn't see it mentioned but more than sure everyone brings them. A jack that has the clearance and rating for truck/trailer combo (not that you need a 10ton jack) but a good ole 10 ton bottle jack and some 2x4s or even couple 4x4's work great if you blow a tire on un level ground.

You can pull the trailer onto the 4x4's for extra clearance if its an off road situation, use for dunnage etc. Most peoples jacks are only rated for the truck not the extra weight the trailer put on esp for a rear tire blowout on the truck etc.

Just in case I know most people take precautions. I carry a tarp too. I've had electrical issues in the rain and ripped stuff open camping when I was younger.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Justin
post #13 of 13 Old 06-14-2019, 12:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We been doing this 10 to 12k trip for 4 years now. If you tires are 4 years old or older... buy new ones. I use an ez tire press and temp monitoring system and it has saved me tons of money.

At 5k take it to a Ford ouick lane and have the oil changed. They will do a tire rotation, break inspection, etc. Have fun and be safe.

One last piece of advice...extend your trip to 10 to 12 wks, slow down and enjoy the journey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode