General 6.7 Discussion (2017-2019) General 6.7 Discussion

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 Old 04-30-2019, 02:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ok wow I was researching the Anderson today and there is numerous, literally many instances of failure. Never heard of such high failure rate. I tow very heavy trailers so no more Anderson consideration for me. Look on Amazon and filter reviews by 1 star for many documented failures. Google for Many more. I will not recommend anymore. A 35lb hitch, was too good to be true
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews...r&pageNumber=1
JustinOOO9 and joebuck like this.

19 F450

I’ve owned previous vehicles but I won’t waste the forum space to list them, oh ya, and you don’t care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 Old 04-30-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
Ok wow I was researching the Anderson today and there is numerous, literally many instances of failure. Never heard of such high failure rate. I tow very heavy trailers so no more Anderson consideration for me. Look on Amazon and filter reviews by 1 star for many documented failures. Google for Many more. I will not recommend anymore. A 35lb hitch, was too good to be true

Just looked at their site to see how it works. Not sure I want to go that route even though it is the lightest out there. I like the idea of my 10,000 lb 5th wheel with my boat in tow to be anchored to a real 5th wheel hitch in my bed. There is a reason 5th wheel hitches are connected using 4 points and not just 1 like a gooseneck.

Must say it is an interesting setup but not for me. Thinking of going with a Curt A24. Seems to be best bang for the dollar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #13 of 33 Old 04-30-2019, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Quote:
The Anderson drops into the gooseneck ball right? All trucks with pucks have the ball too I think
I think they offer a couple of options, but I haven't kept up. Mine attaches to a gooseneck ball and works great. I had the original version back in 2013 or so and liked it, but the newer/lighter model is awesome.

2007 F-350 4X4 CCSB, 6.0 PSD, ZF6 Manual Trans, 3.73s, EGR and Cat improvement, Edge CTS2 with EGT and Fuel, SCT X4, PHP FICM Programmer, Sinister Adjustable Fuel Press. Cover, Ficmrepair.com batt/alt wiring upgrade, Bosch 140 amp alternator with overdrive pulley, Rotella ELC, High-Idle mod, Mishimoto coolant filter, 6.4 starter, Genex mirror w/temp and compass, Magnum RT steps, Leer 100R Shell, Custom front bumper replacement, Steelcraft Elevation rear bumper, B&W turnover ball, 4" Cat Back exhaust, JVC head unit with backup camera, '08+ towing mirrors and rear diff. cover, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 33 Old 04-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Anderson also makes a gooseneck attachment that attaches to your trailer and then you can use your gooseneck. This is the route i'll be going.
post #15 of 33 Old 04-30-2019, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
I have the anderson and like it. Mine is the one that attaches to the GN ball. They also have one that hooks to the rails if you have bed rails.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Sold—2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 33 Old 05-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Love my Reese 20K that I bought from etrailer when Reese was having a discount last year
post #17 of 33 Old 05-02-2019, 05:36 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Ya I’ve heard more bad than good with those things which is why I didn’t go that route when we picked up our 5er, for the let’s call it 20 times a year I take my set up in and out of my truck it’s worth it to have a beefier set up, one I know won’t buckle under a load. Especially at the weight your pulling @jetjock15 that would be some crazy stress on aluminum I wouldn’t be comfortable hauling with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F350 CCLB Lariat/ EZ Lynk Tyrant tuned/deleted/15+turbo swap/No limit stage 2 intake/H&S silicone CAC pipe/5” exhaust/2.5” BDS Leveling kit on 35s/Fox shocks/20” XD grenades
post #18 of 33 Old 05-02-2019, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
I do want an easier to manage setup, Assuming one exists. My Reese is like 300 lbs. I keep considering gooseneck but I have towed gooseneck trailers about 5 times, with three different trucks and trailer combos and they all “bucked” fierce in a way a fifth wheel never does. I always am hesitant because every mainstream RV is made fifth wheel, not gooseneck and every semi used a fifth wheel connection not gooseneck so that tells me something.

I’ve heard bad things about the stress load of adapters so I’d go with a pin box replace and the Geny cushioned coupler. Still considering

The geny, in hopes eliminate buck
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/g...xoC6NQQAvD_BwE

The replacement pin box
https://www.amazon.com/Pop-Up-RVGC43...29954477&psc=1
post #19 of 33 Old 05-02-2019, 07:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Other option is something like a reese goosebox if you use your bed frequently. I just swapped from an anderson to the goosebox and it rides great with the airbag and shocks that are built into the goosebox, and it is approved by lippert for use on their frames (because lippert owns reese). All other gooseneck conversions could potentially void the rv frame warranty.
post #20 of 33 Old 05-02-2019, 07:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
https://www.reesehitches.com/product...BoCn5wQAvD_BwE

They’re pretty proud of them.

This is the route I was looking at going.

https://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck-a...l/CAB-C5G.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode