General 6.7 Discussion (2017-2019) General 6.7 Discussion

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-01-2018, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tuning with emissions.

I’ve been goin back and forth with ideas on my 2018. Egr an Dpf delete or leave it and go with Calibrated Power tuning witch leaves emissions intact.
Just wanted to hear what some of you guys thoughts were.
I bought a 2012 new and put 160k on her before deleting. And never had issues.
I’m really having a hard time thinking about removing Egr an Dpf on a new truck. Any thoughts or experiences with non emissions tuning woul be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-01-2018, 11:07 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just to clarify most consider non-emissions tuning as deleted. Whereas emissions tuning is with all stock emissions left installed.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 Old 12-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,067 Times in 996 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2552 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm running an NGauge with a 50hp tune from DP-Tuner. IMO, not worth the cost. I'll probably delete at some point and hopefully be able to use the NGauge with a different tune writer, but about the only one I've seen that actively uses the NGauge is Patriot, so I may be limited in my choices.

I guess I pissed Jody off with questions about trying to get the tuner to monitor the PIDs he set up on my tuner using a 2012 truck to work on my 2017. He quit responding to my emails. My experience with DP-Tuner has not been what I'd hoped for. Got the wrong shipment to start with, but he overnighted me another tuner, lost two days, but not that big of a deal. Get the tune installed and the PIDs he had preset to monitor don't work . Jody worked with me pretty good for a couple of days trying to get things working right, we even got a new flash update from the manufacturer,.
That still didn't get it working, but we were closer. Now he has gone silent. Oh well, I guess showing a little disappointment in an email to him hurt his feelings. He's got his money, I've got a tuner. I guess we're even. Thing is, I'm not upset with him personally, just the situation.

Sorry for the OT rant, but I thought I'd share a little.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I have 5 star tunes and it has been very good for me. The power is very good and the fuel mileage is around 17.5-18. Regens are about one every 1-1.5 tanks.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotta6 View Post
Iíve been goin back and forth with ideas on my 2018. Egr an Dpf delete or leave it and go with Calibrated Power tuning witch leaves emissions intact.
Just wanted to hear what some of you guys thoughts were.
I bought a 2012 new and put 160k on her before deleting. And never had issues.
Iím really having a hard time thinking about removing Egr an Dpf on a new truck. Any thoughts or experiences with non emissions tuning woul be appreciated
Iím jus here to learn. Canít wait to delete but keeping warrenty for now. What is point of emissions tune, keeping DEF? Iíd assume it would be for someone who had to annual Smog check, but if you deleted your last truck Iím assuming you donít, thus curious. If your willing to tune and void warrenty why on earth would you keep the system? For the environment? 😳

19 F450

Iíve owned previous vehicles but I wonít waste the forum space to list them, oh ya, and you donít care
post #6 of 11 Old 01-10-2019, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
I'm running an NGauge with a 50hp tune from DP-Tuner. IMO, not worth the cost. I'll probably delete at some point and hopefully be able to use the NGauge with a different tune writer, but about the only one I've seen that actively uses the NGauge is Patriot, so I may be limited in my choices.

I guess I pissed Jody off with questions about trying to get the tuner to monitor the PIDs he set up on my tuner using a 2012 truck to work on my 2017. He quit responding to my emails. My experience with DP-Tuner has not been what I'd hoped for. Got the wrong shipment to start with, but he overnighted me another tuner, lost two days, but not that big of a deal. Get the tune installed and the PIDs he had preset to monitor don't work . Jody worked with me pretty good for a couple of days trying to get things working right, we even got a new flash update from the manufacturer,.
That still didn't get it working, but we were closer. Now he has gone silent. Oh well, I guess showing a little disappointment in an email to him hurt his feelings. He's got his money, I've got a tuner. I guess we're even. Thing is, I'm not upset with him personally, just the situation.

Sorry for the OT rant, but I thought I'd share a little.
Man Jody had the best tunning for the 7.3L! Sounds like it has gone downhill, sad to hear. Him and PHP are the OGs in the sport. Those two were the first, always hard for old dogs to keep up with new tech. 7.3 and 6.7 are so different

19 F450

Iíve owned previous vehicles but I wonít waste the forum space to list them, oh ya, and you donít care
post #7 of 11 Old 01-11-2019, 06:06 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,067 Times in 996 Posts
Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 2552 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
Man Jody had the best tunning for the 7.3L! Sounds like it has gone downhill, sad to hear. Him and PHP are the OGs in the sport. Those two were the first, always hard for old dogs to keep up with new tech. 7.3 and 6.7 are so different
@jetjock15 I should have updated that post. It turns out there were some health issues in Jody's family and he was out of pocket for a while. That's why he wasn't responding. I haven't had any problems getting in touch with him since and he has been very helpful. Even did a tune revision for me with about a 1/2 day turn around. I still say, for me, there was not enough benefit to the 50hp emissions friendly tune to justify the cost. Maybe I should have gone with the 75hp, IDK. The tune did give a slight increase in power, as you would expect, and helped throttle response out quite a bit, but I did not see any real gains in mpg or regen intervals, which is one of the big reasons I wanted to try it.

Also, most of the issues I was having with the tune/tuner, weren't really all Jody's fault. E-motion (the tuner manufacturer) sent me a firmware update that fixed the problems. The 17+ trucks are a little different in some ways and I guess, not enough people have tuned them using this particular tuner and Jody's tunes to get the bugs all worked out. The NDash isn't like an SCT device. The firmware is set up for each individual tuning company. You can't get tunes from multiple tuning companies and load them at will with the device without flashing the firmware for that particular tuning company.
jetjock15 likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
The Following User Says Thank You to G8orFord For This Useful Post:
jetjock15 (01-11-2019)
post #8 of 11 Old 10-16-2019, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Sorry to dredge up an old post here folks however with what has been going on lately, I felt I needed to chime in on this post specifically. We've had a lot of inquiries recently regarding intact tuning and as mentioned earlier in this thread, Calibrated Power seems to have one of the best tunes right now. Their tune on an EZ LYNK tops out at 180 HP, which is outrageous for an intact tune.

Deleting is becoming almost impossible to accomplish and our customers are looking for a solution. Being that the particulate filter is the most problematic of the pollution control devices, we've started offering refurbished OEM DPF's for the 6.7L Powerstroke. We even have some really cool aftermarket solutions for the 6.4L and hope to have the same for the 6.7L very soon. We think if we can beef up your pollution control system for reliability and add power for performance and better fuel economy, we won't miss deleting... as much.

The moral of the story here is, there are good tunes available for an intact vehicle and we can overcome unreliability.

Thanks,

Tommy T.
R&Rpowerstroke likes this.

844-487-2787

us for special pricing
Operating Hours: 9am-6pm EST Monday - Friday
post #9 of 11 Old 10-16-2019, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Just thinking out loud but are these trucks available in Mexico? If so Mexico doesn’t have emissions correct? Would it be possible to get a Mexico computer and put it in a US truck? I know it would take a lot of recalibration with the computers but couldn’t it be done with a computer the dealer uses if you have access to one. Then it’s all programmed by Ford

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Soldó2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

post #10 of 11 Old 10-16-2019, 03:55 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The funny thing is.....you can order it for export. Problem is you can't get it registered in the USA. Now if you knew a guy, could get the parts, get the tuning.....just might work.
From the Order Guide:
High Sulfur Diesel Fuel Usage
Vehicles for intended usage w/diesel fuel sulfur content
greater than 15ppm require Euro II (>500ppm sulfur) or
Euro III (<500ppm sulfur) packages to avoid engine
functionality issues.
Packages are available through Export Order Guide w/the
appropriate US EPA exemption or verifiable export usage.

NOTE: Post build modification kits are not available.
Vehicles must be ordered correctly for the market that they
are to be sold and operated in.

NOTE: JP8 fuel is supported and compatible w/these
packages

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode