3.55 electronic locking
Lariat Ultimate
FX4
20" wheels
5th wheel tow prep
Power moonroof
remote start
engine block heater
BLIS (only cause I want the Quad-beam LEDs)
Rear camera - center high mounted
Quad Beam
LED roof markers
6 inch angular chrome step
Rapid heat supplemental cab heater
uplifter
universal garage door
inflatable rear outboard safety belts

$74,710...ugh....
I don't know if you ordered your truck yet or not. I spent month building and pricing Lariats, King Ranch and Platinums. I have found that the Lariat well built will fit my needs nicely. It has everything except the messaging seats. Also, the difference between the Lariat and King Ranch and Platinum was about 4K. The difference between a King Ranch and Platinum, is a couple of hundred bucks. I did not want the moon roof as I think it is crap; therefor a Lariat would have been the better buy. I found a 2018 Lariat on a dealer's lot that was built the way I wanted it, no moon roof. I test drove it just for the heck of it. After all, all new trucks are great. Not this one. The seats hurt my back so bad that doing ten miles was very painful. So I sat in the King Ranch and Platinum. The seats were much better. So I kept the search going and found a Platinum that was built the way I wanted it, minus the marker lights. If you buy the one on the lot, you get a better deal. However, when your over 70K whats a grand? Fifteen bucks a month; that's what. I decided that if I am going to keep this truck for a the long haul, then I should get every option I wanted. Yes, that means I have a slightly higher payment and had to put down a few grand more. But I am very happy with my truck. Also, I found out that the only way to get the butt messagers is to have the moon roof. Its the package. Good luck to you. If you compromise too much, you will regret buying the truck. Oh, forgot one thing. I paid 74,800 and some change for my 2019 Platinum built the same way and has the butt squeezers and the ultimate tow package. I would rather have the 18 inch wheels as the tires are cheaper and the drive is softer.

Last edited by Prelucir; 12-03-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 12-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelucir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leclerc457 View Post
So here is what I built so far:

F350 Crew cab long box
Oxford white w/ magnetic two-tone
6.7L
3.55 electronic locking
Lariat Ultimate
FX4
20" wheels
5th wheel tow prep
Power moonroof
remote start
engine block heater
BLIS (only cause I want the Quad-beam LEDs)
Rear camera - center high mounted
Quad Beam
LED roof markers
6 inch angular chrome step
Rapid heat supplemental cab heater
uplifter
universal garage door
inflatable rear outboard safety belts

$74,710...ugh....
I don't know if you ordered your truck yet or not. I spent month building and pricing Lariats, King Ranch and Platinums. I have found that the Lariat well built will fit my needs nicely. It has everything except the messaging seats. Also, the difference between the Lariat and King Ranch and Platinum was about 4K. The difference between a King Ranch and Platinum, is a couple of hundred bucks. I did not want the moon roof as I think it is crap; therefor a Lariat would have been the better buy. I found a 2018 Lariat on a dealer's lot that was built the way I wanted it, no moon roof. I test drove it just for the heck of it. After all, all new trucks are great. Not this one. The seats hurt my back so bad that doing ten miles was very painful. So I sat in the King Ranch and Platinum. The seats were much better. So I kept the search going and found a Platinum that was built the way I wanted it, minus the marker lights. If you buy the one on the lot, you get a better deal. However, when your over 70K whats a grand? Fifteen bucks a month; that's what. I decided that if I am going to keep this truck for a the long haul, then I should get every option I wanted. Yes, that means I have a slightly higher payment and had to put down a few grand more. But I am very happy with my truck. Also, I found out that the only way to get the butt messagers is to have the moon roof. Its the package. Good luck to you. If you compromise too much, you will regret buying the truck. Oh, forgot one thing. I paid 74,800 and some change for my 2019 Platinum built the same way and has the butt squeezers and the ultimate tow package. I would rather have the 18 inch wheels as the tires are cheaper and the drive is softer.
I had quite the opposite experience. I was able to get $2,100 below dealer invoice which was much better pricing than finding a truck on a lot. (Which I couldn’t) Dealership told me there’s less fees for them to order a truck as there’s already a customer for it and it won’t sit on the lot while they pay interest on it. But who really knows?
post #23 of 28 Old 12-15-2018, 07:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post
My 2017 truck is Leveled and I have no problem with the Adaptive Cruise.
My nephew put a winch in his bumper and moved the Adaptive Cruise with bracket up into his grill. Nothing but problems. So I wouldn't worry about Leveling if you leave the radar box in it's original position. If you relocate the box, then you very well might have probelms.

I wasn't sure I would like the Adaptive Cruise. I was looking for a Ruby Red Long Bed with LED lights and Retractable Steps and the only one I could find was a Platinum, So I got several options I would not have ordered Like ACC and Blind Spot and Lane Keep. I pretty much ignore the Lane Keep. But I have grown comfortable with the ACC.

In my part of the country, you hardly see F-250's. Unless they are pretty stripped trucks intended for company type work trucks. The dealers just stock F-350. Lots of Shortbeds. So Long Beds usually require placing an order or not getting your color choice. I'm a Contractor, so carrying long boards is a must. Plus when I hook up my GN horse trailer, I think it handles a little nicer than the Short bed, Plus I have room for hay and stuff in bed. And I love the 48 gallon fuel tank.

I think getting the GN/5ver prep is a no brainer. Most people who own 1 ton trucks are going to tow something. So why not get the hitch prep from the factory.

I do like the Cab Clearance Lights. To me they just look cool. But they are rarely on trucks sitting on lots. So if you want them, you need to order your truck. The $90 or what ever they cost is cheap for the look you get.

I rarely have any people in back seat. So rear heated seats or inflatable seat belts are not important to me.

I prefer aftermarket spray in bed liners. Mine is a Reflex but LineX and others have great products with more choices on textures than the factory bedliner.

LED lights were a must for me. I'm towing a loaded horse trailer across Utah/Wyoming too often with deer/elk/ cows standing on the road too many nights. I even add additional LED light bars for more light on dark nights.

I hate the Voice Recognition and Ford Nav. Worthless to me. Apple and Google have better more up-to-date maps and the Voice Rec works better.

I do not like the Ford Chrome package. So I usually order the cheapest Tires/Wheels that I can get. And sell them online when the truck arrives and buy after market tires/wheels.

What level kit do you have on your truck? Sits just right on the 295s per the pic in your sig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 Old 12-15-2018, 07:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
Considering the MSRP, price of "needed" options over "wanted" options, searching dealer prices on trucks aging on the lots, etc etc etc. Most of the KR, Plat, Limited trim lines could be bought for under $70k by a determined buyer.
There's a local dealer to me that has a '18 Limited that's sitting there with no love. Pretty sure it's getting to the bones on profit.....
After researching the options and build sheets it's pretty easy to see where the money goes into pricing. Once you get to the Lariat trim levels it's all about how you want the interior to look/feel. Functionally they all can have the same features/options. Ford will force you into options when your selections push into some things.

Once again break down the functional features you have to have. Leave the nice "wants" off your list. Then go back adding in the "wants"...you will see how it adds up.
What dealer has the left over 70k limited? Worth giving them a call...
post #25 of 28 Old 12-16-2018, 04:27 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dealer here in VA has a '18 F350 Limited CCLB.....come grab it up for a steal.....Priced at $73k

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #26 of 28 Old 12-16-2018, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
In my online searches for a f250, I've seen a dealer with 2019 f250 Limited's at that pricing.
post #27 of 28 Old 12-17-2018, 04:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Looking to order new 19F350

Just got notified that my target production week is 1/7/19. Ordered 11/19/18. What have you guys seen for delivery time after production? I was told it could be 2-3 weeks due to rail times and semi availability. Seems like a long time to me. Iím in north central Indiana, about 3 hours from Louisville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #28 of 28 Old 12-26-2018, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednecktastic View Post
What level kit do you have on your truck? Sits just right on the 295s per the pic in your sig.
I just took it into a local 4x4 shop and had them do the level. Don't know what product they used, But it's just pucks in the spring column. I've had no problems from this system. Put 90,000 miles on my 2015 with it and now 37,000 miles on my 2017.

2017 F350 CCLWB Platinum, Leveled, BAK MX4, Ultra Predator Wheels and Toyo A/TII 295/65R20 tires
2015 F350 CC SRW LWB Lariat, Leveled, BAKflip, Ultra Predator wheels with Toyo A/T 295/65R20, Firestone Airbags and onboard compressor
2011 F350 CC SRW LWB Lariat - Gone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode