15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-08-2018, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
XLT Powerscope/Powerfold mirror upgrade

Itís been a long time since Iíve posted anything but this needs to be shared. Maybe sticky worthy? Maybe not.
I no longer own my 6.0. I did buy a 17 250 XLT CCSB gasser last June. So in June 2017 it was next to impossible to find an XLT with powerscope mirrors. Now the 2019 XLTs are almost coming standard with them, from what I've seen, as a $280 upcharge.... that said, after the fact upgrade is about $1,400.00 - $1,500.00 with all new OEM parts. Yes, I'm a little butt hurt over it.

Using a friends 17 Lariat 6.7 I was able to track down everything I needed. Installation is a piece of cake and the use of ForScan gets done everything you need to activate all installed parts. My only hang up right now is figuring out where in the coding the puddle lamp settings are. They are the only things that donít work yet, but powerscope/fold & spot lights are fully operational.

Another thing to note is, from what Iíve seen, an XL will not support this upgrade due to the body harness. My XLT body harness did however support this, and everything was plug & play with the exception of the door harness and module replacements.

OE door modules will not support the powerscope functions. The modules will simply not allow you to enable the function. Be sure to save your OE door modules as built data before removing them. The new modules will come with data in them, however it will create a list of DTCís because the door harnessís are the most basic door harness that will support powerscope mirrors & will still have provisions for other items that remain unused if you donít have/want bells & whistles. Replace the new moduleís data with your OE as built data, then only make the appropriate changes to enable the powerscope mirrors.

My parts list as follows (Huge shout out to @fordsvtparts AutoNation White Bear Lake Ford for helping me pull this off)

*Driver mirror power/powerscope, w/o blindspot, w/o camera, w/o towvision, w/ spotlamp, w/ puddle lamp in black.
HC3Z-17683-KA

*Passenger mirror power/powerscope, w/o blindspot, w/o camera, w/o towvision, w/ spotlamp, w/ puddle lamp, w/ temp in black.
HC3Z-17682-AA

*Driver door harness HC3Z-14631-AE

*Driver door module DG9Z-14B291-WP

*Passenger door harness HC3Z-14630-T

*Passenger door module DG9Z-14B291-WR

*Mirror lighting processor (spot lamp module) FU5Z-13C788-A

*Left dash vent trim with spot lamp provision in Armour FL3Z-1504339-DB

*Master switch (crew cab) w/ power fold HC3T-14540-BBW

*Master switch bezel/housing w/ powerscope provision HC3Z-14527-EA

*Telescoping mirror switch HC3T-14C287-ACW

*Spot lamp switch FL3Z-13D730-EA

Some of the other things I've successfully done through ForScan
*Installed and enable hill descent control button
*Disabled key in ignition chimes
*Disabled door ajar chimes
*Disable Key on chimes
*Enabled Entering destination in Nav while in motion
*Enabled power scope mirros with spotlamps
*Enabled Avg Speed in trip/fuel gauges

Unsuccesful attempts through Forescan
*PowerPoint timeout extend or disable does not work with my truck.

03 F350 SD 6.0 PSD FX4 XLT CC LB SRW FOR SALE!!

To see why you should avoid Sinister Diesel, visit these threads:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaelaiman For This Useful Post:
Slider357 (07-01-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,045 Times in 974 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good to see you back on the forum. I've moved on to a '17 6.7 too, but the fancy mirrors came with it.
michaelaiman likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #3 of 15 Old 11-08-2018, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!

Thanks. I was never really gone. Ive been lurking here & there. My friend whose vin I was using kept pouring salt in the wound ďyou shoulda just bought a LariatĒ... well I dont need/want all that other fancy stuff. I just wanted powerscope mirrors [email protected]! Lol. Well and maybe the 8Ē cluster too...

Heres the XL I was referring to when I say I know the XLís body harness wont support this upgrade. Itís my friends, with the Lariat, latest build for one of his customers.
G8orFord likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-08-2018, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 752 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Nice! I was just mentioning to someone today about all of the programming possibilities available on the newer vehicles. They've become one giant computer.
michaelaiman likes this.

We are Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake selling all OEM Ford parts at employee prices (formerly Tousley)

Call us at 1-800-328-9552 (be sure to mention this website when calling)
OR check out our website

I'll meet or or beat any price on OEM parts
post #5 of 15 Old 11-08-2018, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!

Sorry here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F1996BD9-FB76-4BD3-8709-12C604436567.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	710471  
G8orFord likes this.

post #6 of 15 Old 11-08-2018, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsvtparts View Post
Nice! I was just mentioning to someone today about all of the programming possibilities available on the newer vehicles. They've become one giant computer.
YES! It is amazing! When I compare my OE Master door switch to the new master door switch w powerscope and see they have number of pins and same layout in the connector, im like ďwhat kind of witchcraft is going on here!?!?Ē
fordsvtparts likes this.

post #7 of 15 Old 11-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,045 Times in 974 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2509 Post(s)
Garage
I'm guessing parking at the mall isn't really a problem.
michaelaiman and Boudah like this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #8 of 15 Old 06-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey man new to the forum! In following your parts list I'm trying to do the same thing. "Add power scope mirrors" I'd like to say thank you for posting that you've already been a great help without even knowing. I do have to ask for help further though, do you have any information about enabling everything on forscan I believe I have the correct values for the mirrors them selfs. But for the spot and puddle lights I'm confused what to change. Thank you in advance.
michaelaiman likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-01-2019, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Would you mind if I share this with some folks not on this forum?
michaelaiman likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 07-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelaiman View Post
Itís been a long time since Iíve posted anything but this needs to be shared. Maybe sticky worthy? Maybe not.
I no longer own my 6.0. I did buy a 17 250 XLT CCSB gasser last June. So in June 2017 it was next to impossible to find an XLT with powerscope mirrors. Now the 2019 XLTs are almost coming standard with them, from what I've seen, as a $280 upcharge.... that said, after the fact upgrade is about $1,400.00 - $1,500.00 with all new OEM parts. Yes, I'm a little butt hurt over it.

Using a friends 17 Lariat 6.7 I was able to track down everything I needed. Installation is a piece of cake and the use of ForScan gets done everything you need to activate all installed parts. My only hang up right now is figuring out where in the coding the puddle lamp settings are. They are the only things that donít work yet, but powerscope/fold & spot lights are fully operational.

Another thing to note is, from what Iíve seen, an XL will not support this upgrade due to the body harness. My XLT body harness did however support this, and everything was plug & play with the exception of the door harness and module replacements.

OE door modules will not support the powerscope functions. The modules will simply not allow you to enable the function. Be sure to save your OE door modules as built data before removing them. The new modules will come with data in them, however it will create a list of DTCís because the door harnessís are the most basic door harness that will support powerscope mirrors & will still have provisions for other items that remain unused if you donít have/want bells & whistles. Replace the new moduleís data with your OE as built data, then only make the appropriate changes to enable the powerscope mirrors.

My parts list as follows (Huge shout out to @fordsvtparts AutoNation White Bear Lake Ford for helping me pull this off)

*Driver mirror power/powerscope, w/o blindspot, w/o camera, w/o towvision, w/ spotlamp, w/ puddle lamp in black.
HC3Z-17683-KA

*Passenger mirror power/powerscope, w/o blindspot, w/o camera, w/o towvision, w/ spotlamp, w/ puddle lamp, w/ temp in black.
HC3Z-17682-AA

*Driver door harness HC3Z-14631-AE

*Driver door module DG9Z-14B291-WP

*Passenger door harness HC3Z-14630-T

*Passenger door module DG9Z-14B291-WR

*Mirror lighting processor (spot lamp module) FU5Z-13C788-A

*Left dash vent trim with spot lamp provision in Armour FL3Z-1504339-DB

*Master switch (crew cab) w/ power fold HC3T-14540-BBW

*Master switch bezel/housing w/ powerscope provision HC3Z-14527-EA

*Telescoping mirror switch HC3T-14C287-ACW

*Spot lamp switch FL3Z-13D730-EA

Some of the other things I've successfully done through ForScan
*Installed and enable hill descent control button
*Disabled key in ignition chimes
*Disabled door ajar chimes
*Disable Key on chimes
*Enabled Entering destination in Nav while in motion
*Enabled power scope mirros with spotlamps
*Enabled Avg Speed in trip/fuel gauges

Unsuccesful attempts through Forescan
*PowerPoint timeout extend or disable does not work with my truck.
michaelaiman...I've used Forscan for quite a few different things on my 2017 F250. I have never programmed modules though. I'm going to be doing this swap from manual tow mirrors to power fold and telescoping mirrors. How do you program the modules. Do I need to install the new modules in my truck and then program them with forscan. I don't want to screw anything up.
michaelaiman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in