General 6.7 Discussion (2017-2019) General 6.7 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-04-2018, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How often regen? 2017 6.7

I recently purchased a 2017 6.7.i love it, it's AWESOME.I've put 800 miles on it since I've had it,,, the truck has 44k miles...it hasn't regen since I've had it?? Do I need to be concerned?? I'm new to Ford, I'm new to diesel..any suggestions appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,082 Times in 1,010 Posts
Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Quoted: 2591 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allredethere View Post
I recently purchased a 2017 6.7.i love it, it's AWESOME.I've put 800 miles on it since I've had it,,, the truck has 44k miles...it hasn't regen since I've had it?? Do I need to be concerned?? I'm new to Ford, I'm new to diesel..any suggestions appreciated
How do you know it hasn't regen'd? Mine will regen about every 300-500 miles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #3 of 11 Old 11-04-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I really don't know for sure,,,?? What I've read is that it will show me on my screen that's it's in regen or some kind of status will be on my menu???? And for me to not shut the truck off??? I'm also reading that there's a percentage gauge in the menu on screen,, but I can't find it, oil life, or anything but DEF besides diesel, air pressure, it's an XLT so not"loaded"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
To see the regen percentage screen it must be turned on. I used forscan to enable mine. My truck regens once per tank for the most part.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #5 of 11 Old 11-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
I had the % screen turned on at the dealership (ford). You can watch for your mileage to drop during regen or you can kid of smell it as well.

2008 F250 XLT SBCC grey flake, 33x12.50 Toyo m/t's on 18 inch mammoth wheels. Rhino lined go rhino nerf bars. S&B cai,Spartan tuned and straight piped. Fake *** chrome grille removed and a matching colored grille put in place.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-05-2018, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocweiller View Post
I had the % screen turned on at the dealership (ford). You can watch for your mileage to drop during regen or you can kid of smell it as well.
I have 8500 miles on my truck and have never seen a Regen happen. I watched the videos on it for driving and also while parked but have never seen this on my truck. It obviously does it but I have no current hints when its happening. I did have Forscan capability and followed the codes to add that screen but it didnt work for my vehicle.

I go in for a Oil change soon and will ask the service guy to install the screen so I can monitor it. Regarding the Regen smell a few days back me and the wife came home from a dinner out and I smelled what I could equate to a burning rubberish smell when I walked around the back end of the truck to go into the house. We have used the truck since and the smell is no longer there.

My idle wasnt any different when I parked (800) but it got my attention that it may have been in Regen mode so I went back in the truck and started it up. I couldnt find anything indicating it was going so after like 5 minutes I shut it back off.

So is that smell a hint that it was going on and if so I assume its bad to shut it off when its at a high burn temp? Sorry for the Newb question but its my first Diesel.

2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CC SB 4X4 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
post #7 of 11 Old 11-05-2018, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
The smell was it was in the middle of a regen when you turned it off. I wouldn’t worry about shutting it off in the middle of one. The truck won’t give you any indication that it is starting a regen. If you have the DPF status screen enabled you can see it is getting full and one will start soon but there is no screen that pops up or anything and lets you know it started.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Sold—2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

The Following User Says Thank You to cletusjermal For This Useful Post:
Jim Smyth (11-05-2018)
post #8 of 11 Old 11-05-2018, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
I don’t think the truck regens at idle. More on freeway speeds..

2008 F250 XLT SBCC grey flake, 33x12.50 Toyo m/t's on 18 inch mammoth wheels. Rhino lined go rhino nerf bars. S&B cai,Spartan tuned and straight piped. Fake *** chrome grille removed and a matching colored grille put in place.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-06-2018, 06:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allredethere View Post
No need to be concerned. It was Ford's intention that we not notice the regens.

However, since the truck is new to you are you sure it hasn't been deleted? That would also explain a no regen situation.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-08-2018, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't think it's been deleted,,, but idk?? Something for me to check,,, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode