LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 62 Old 11-03-2018, 04:41 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,047 Times in 976 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Auto high beams don't activate until you reach about 35 mph and will dim if you go below that afterwards, so if you were hovering around that speed it may not be the street lights causing the dimming. Mine have worked quite well so far. Street lights, reflectors, etc. do not seem to bother them, but they dim quite well for oncoming traffic and when you come up on same direction traffic with their taillights on. I did have one instance yesterday where the high beams came on for a couple of seconds while following another vehicle, but it was raining pretty good, so I assume the sensor was obstructed temporarily.
BridgerMT likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 62 Old 11-03-2018, 05:05 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,047 Times in 976 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Garage
@BridgerMT I'm not sure what you want to hear. The new trucks are light years ahead of your old 6.0 in just about every aspect. Ride, comfort, power and luxury (if you want it). The drivetrain is as good or better. Braking is improved and you get factory engine braking as well. The only downsides I personally see are the cost of these new trucks and the DPF systems. You obviously are not concerned with cost, and I'm betting not too concerned with the DPF or maintaining a warranty, so those items probably don't apply to you. From my experience, my completely stock 2017 6.7 pulls 8k (most I've towed so far) slightly better than my FICM and PCM tuned 6.0. Neither truck really struggles with that load, but the 6.7 seems to do a little better. Mileage is about the same towing, but I get maybe a mile per gallon better unloaded on the 6.7.
BridgerMT likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #43 of 62 Old 11-03-2018, 05:18 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 779 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bridger MT... i dont own one but have been test driving and researching hard. Everyone ive talked to who owns them say that there arent any real MAJOR issues except maybve frequent regens as G8orFORD described. Most of the heartache when looking to buy is" Can i afford it and if i can, what options do i want"

I rented a 18 F250 lariat from Enterprise Truck rental when my EGR failed on the 6.0L it pulled my 10k camper better than my 6.0L hands down. It felt like it literally wasnt there. The 6.0L tows the load great, until i hit a major hill and bare in mind my truck is stock. What i was impressed while towing was that up a grade, the 6.7 didnt sound like it was dying or struggling to maintain or gain speed. my WDH was not setup for the truck so that played a role in the amount of sag it had which wasnt much different than the 6.0L.

The crew cab is also very spacious. Im 6'4"and I can sit behind myself and have room. the Crew Cab comparison is like sitting in Airplane Economy vs Economy Plus. those extra few inches really make the experience (thats what she said)

Another thing ive noticed is compared to the previous gen, the payloads seem to be lighter. SO if that matters to you, that could be a concern. For me wanting to upgrade to a toy hauler ( legally ) , its a concern. Are you still going to have your Wifes Excursion or are you selling that too?

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw
Stock Motor
5" MBRP Catback

Last edited by Boudah; 11-03-2018 at 05:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 62 Old 11-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post
I've had a 2011 ( put 150,000 miles on it) and 2015 ( put 90,000 on it) and now have a 2017 with 35,000 miles.

It's a great drivetrain.

So when you buy/order the choice is really what options you want. I remember buying my 2000 and 2003 trucks and thinking I bought every option. No need to do that with the '17 and newer. Just get what you need.

I do like the LED lights, Power Running Boards and 360 Camera. These options kinda push you into the Lariat Ultimate or KR/Platinum level. Really didn't think I needed the Adaptive Steering, Adaptive Cruise, Blind Spot and some of the other Newset toys. But I've learned to enjoy them. But you can save a bunch of money getting a base Lariat and skipping all those electronics, (Which I suspect will be the things that die/break and need repairs first)

These are big trucks, The 360 cameras are great if you park anyplace other than a Farmyard.
LEDs, do add more light on the road. But you can add Light bars cheaper than buying Fords LEDs
Nav system drives me crazy, doesn't understand Utah addresses and sucks at Voice Recognition vs using Google Maps or other maps on your cell phone. But it is nice to have the maps displayed in the Center command center screen.
Long Bed with 48 gallon fuel tank is great, But I have room in my garage for a truck that big and I rarely park in town. The long bed is tougher to park in tight parking lots and the extra fuel reduces your load capacity,
This is what I did. Two dealer 450 platinums were 90+k with a ton of crap I didnít need or plan to use. Ordered a 19 lariat 450 and hand picked every option. Fully loaded it was 90k, I got it down to mid 60s and still has all the things I need, fifth wheel prep, alarm, power everything, cameras. The LED lights and steps were only avail in ultimate package witch was $6g so I passed. Ordered my steps from amp and Iím learning to live without the led lights. I donít have any radars no would I ever use or a chrome tailgate flash. Those useless features are big money! Iíd say if one ordered a basic lariat 250 you could be right around low 50s. It did take 5 months for my truck to come but been told 450s take twice as long as they donít produce as many.

19 F450. Hauls my toys. Dumont regular

Build thread:

Truck pics on IG @ Jetjock15

Iíve owned previous vehicles but I wonít waste the forum space to list them, oh ya, and you donít care
post #45 of 62 Old 11-05-2018, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I started a similar thread, difference being pros and cons of last gen vs this gen. Anyway, I didn't get much feedback so it's nice to see all the feedback on here.

I was looking at some 2018 f250's in person yesterday for the first time. I noticed some variations in things like body lines, specifically in the door reveals. Is it common on the 17+ superdutys to have some uneven door reaveals and slight creases and/or wavyness in the body panels? This seemed to be true in the 4 trucks I looked at, although 1 had even more obvious mis alignment of the drivers door.
BridgerMT likes this.
post #46 of 62 Old 11-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Amen brother and thank you for your service.

2016 F-250 Lariat 6.7L CCSB SRW PSD FX4
2019 Ford Edge ST 2.7 L w/ twin turbo's (Wife's new ride)
2015 Ford Edge Sport 2.7 twin turbo's (Wife)(SOLD)
2016 Keystone Outback 316RL 36'
2006 Ford F-250 XLT 6.0L CCSB PSD (Sold)

U.S. Army Veteran
Desert Storm, Somalia, Haiti.
post #47 of 62 Old 11-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke1701 View Post
lol thanks, the money I saved during Afghanistan is why I have no debt lol. I realized that life is short and even walking down the street to get a cup of coffee can be fatal so with that new mindset....live free, be happy, but what you want not what you need cause tomorrow all that could be taken away.
Amen brother, and thank you for your service.

2016 F-250 Lariat 6.7L CCSB SRW PSD FX4
2019 Ford Edge ST 2.7 L w/ twin turbo's (Wife's new ride)
2015 Ford Edge Sport 2.7 twin turbo's (Wife)(SOLD)
2016 Keystone Outback 316RL 36'
2006 Ford F-250 XLT 6.0L CCSB PSD (Sold)

U.S. Army Veteran
Desert Storm, Somalia, Haiti.
post #48 of 62 Old 11-05-2018, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamadiesel2016 View Post
Amen brother, and thank you for your service.
you're welcome
post #49 of 62 Old 11-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I bought a 2018 F350 KR Ultimate the 1srt of June. List was 78,259, I was able to grab it for $68,500. It was an ordered truck. He backed out, it sat on lot for over a month.
I had used my father in laws 2018 F350 DRW CC Lariat that's fully optioned a couple of weeks before to tow the toy hauler. Fell in love with it.
I had been thinking of buying a new truck, then thunder struck and my wife said I should go out and buy one. I just about had a heart attack, but went out and started shopping around.
It al came down to the retractable running boards, I have seen to many sets dented up or torn off. I was looking when my salesman mentioned he had a couple of beauties down the line. Low and be hold a King Ranch, fully optioned with everything I wanted plus more. Told him I was going to think about it over the weekend, didn't want to rush into it. My wife couldn't believe I just didn't buy it.
Waited ill Monday and decided to buy it. Called dealership and found out salesman (friend of my sister was off), told them to put a sold sticker on truck, I would be in next day to wrap it up with my salesman.
Went down and walked out with the truck of my dreams. Since then I have put over $14,000 of toys and accessories on her. .
Yes, I have a truck that is over $80,000 dollars, but it is my office as a salesman. Complete business expense, but none the less a cost. My payments are reasonable and already paid two years in advance. My goal is to have her fully paid for in three years.
Would I do it again, hell yes. Best truck I have ever owned.
BridgerMT likes this.
post #50 of 62 Old 11-06-2018, 09:43 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
2018 KR

I should add, that every day when I walk out and see her sitting in my driveway, I realize how lucky I am to be able to afford what I have worked for.
Hard work and perserverance always pays off in the end.
BridgerMT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode