3. Rear chrome bumper
4. Supplemental rapid heat
5. Engine block heater
6. Navigation
7. Snow plow prep
8. BLIS
9. 20"aluminum wheels
10 Upfitter switches, tailgate step, homelink
11 Lariat value package-heated/cooled seats. LED bed lights, remote start.
It listed out at north of $67k and I bought it at the end of last October.
I ended up saving a huge bite off list with rebates and dealer discount.
I also sold my 2006 f350 XLT std cab with only 43k original miles and used that money for the down payment on the new one.
Yes, it was a chunk of change, but almost one year and 10k miles on the new one later, I still feel I made the right choice.
I could have spent an additional 7-8k to get the KR, but really don't care for the all glass top with the additional noise, additional body-flex and HEAT from the sun.
I would buy another one, but would want the LED lights, keyless start, massage seats, ultimate trailer tow, lane keep assist to boot.
Maybe on my next one.........
The 2 biggest reasons I didn't buy a 17 or newer is, the aluminum body and daytime running lights, I do like the 6.7PS badges on the 17's though.
Can’t help with alum body, DRL turns off with Forscan. Mine didn’t come with DRL. Is that a Canadian thing? California thinf?

2017 F250 CrewCab Short, leveled with 35/12.5/20 Toyo MT. Fuel 20x10

TOTALED: 2010 F-350 6.4 Crew-Short, Sinister Deletes, Coolant Filter. SCT with Tunes. CTS2 monitor, Mishi Rad, CFS Intercooler. Cold Side pipe, Down Pipe. 2.5 level, 295/65/20 Kenwood 9900 Apple Car Play
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 Old 11-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scha0786 View Post
are you guys business owners or something?

OMG $80,000 for a truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you justify this cost if your using this just to haul a camper to get drunk on the weekends?
I'm a contractor and build schools. So yes I do write it off. But I still have to pay for it. I put 30,000+ miles a year on a truck. So in a little over 3 years I usually hit 100,000 miles and no longer have any warranty. I also haul my horses around the west and it's just not worth it to break down 30 miles from the nearest cell signal. So I stay in newer trucks. Just my preference to not wanting to repair.

I made a commitment years ago to always pay off my cars/trucks with no more than a 36-month loan. Seemed like I always ended up-side-down if I took a longer loan. So when I go in to buy a new truck every 3 1/2 years, I have a fully paid off used truck to sell/trade. That gives me enough of a down payment that I can keep affording the 36 month plan on the new truck.
White_Buffalo7.3 likes this.
post #33 of 62 Old 11-02-2018, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The 3 year loan is always a good idea.
If you need 72-84 month loan to afford the payment, you're in over your head.
I try to pay mine off in 2-3 years unless I get a 0% interest loan.
BridgerMT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 62 Old 11-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 690 Post(s)
The LED headlights are very nice. They automatically dim (works flawlessly) which is nice as they are hard on opposing traffic's eyes if high beam is left on.
The truck is well done all the way around. The only complaint I can think of is the horn blowing a double honk (with keyless ignition) when you get out of the truck with the engine running and the key in your pocket. I've had the truck almost 2 years now and am just getting to the point where I don't sh!t my pants when it happens.
ekimv65 and clewis7951 like this.

2017 F350 CCSB King Ranch Ultimate 6.7
2002 F250 ECLB, XLT, 7.3 PSD, 4X4, Auto, TW 6pos. Tuner, 4" SS Exhaust, Britebox, EZ Down tailgate assist, Rear Air Bags, 6.0 trans cooler, Wicked Wheel 2, Corey's HPX, Dieselsite Water pump w/built-in filter, 203 degree thermostat, Max A/C assist, Oil drain valve, Non EBV pedestal & Flange, S.S. bellowed up pipes, Dieselsite Lifetime Rad. hoses & Intercooler hoses, New oil cooler
post #35 of 62 Old 11-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,047 Times in 976 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekroog View Post
The 3 year loan is always a good idea.
If you need 72-84 month loan to afford the payment, you're in over your head.
I try to pay mine off in 2-3 years unless I get a 0% interest loan.
I'm in over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC2 View Post
The LED headlights are very nice. They automatically dim (works flawlessly) which is nice as they are hard on opposing traffic's eyes if high beam is left on.
The truck is well done all the way around. The only complaint I can think of is the horn blowing a double honk (with keyless ignition) when you get out of the truck with the engine running and the key in your pocket. I've had the truck almost 2 years now and am just getting to the point where I don't sh!t my pants when it happens.
The double-honk is easily fixed with Forscan, a BT OBDII adapter, a laptop and 5 minutes.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SPD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #36 of 62 Old 11-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 690 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
I'm in over my head.

The double-honk is easily fixed with Forscan, a BT OBDII adapter, a laptop and 5 minutes.
Yeah, I already bought the BT OBDII adapter, however, life has happened in a major way (wife has stage 4b cancer) and I don't have enough energy left at days end to fool with it.
Not much makes her smile anymore, however, she gets a real belly laugh when that horn blows and I jump 18" off the ground and cuss like Yosemite Sam.
ekimv65 likes this.

2017 F350 CCSB King Ranch Ultimate 6.7
2002 F250 ECLB, XLT, 7.3 PSD, 4X4, Auto, TW 6pos. Tuner, 4" SS Exhaust, Britebox, EZ Down tailgate assist, Rear Air Bags, 6.0 trans cooler, Wicked Wheel 2, Corey's HPX, Dieselsite Water pump w/built-in filter, 203 degree thermostat, Max A/C assist, Oil drain valve, Non EBV pedestal & Flange, S.S. bellowed up pipes, Dieselsite Lifetime Rad. hoses & Intercooler hoses, New oil cooler
post #37 of 62 Old 11-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,047 Times in 976 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers for your family.
ekimv65 likes this.

Dexter
2017 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW- A few Forscan tweaks
My old Truck, now son's truck:
2004 F-250SD Lariat CCSB FX4 SRW; SCT X4 w/custom tunes (currently
SPD)

FICM;
FICM Tuner (currently Atlas40);
Stage 1.5 Turbo;

Stage 1 HPOP;
VK688 Oil Cooler Relocate with coolant re-route;
Water Pump;

O-ringed Heads; ARP Studs; Fel-Pro Gaskets;
Coolant Filter;
DashCommand on PLX Kiwi2 + iMFD with EGT & Fuel/Oil Pressure
post #38 of 62 Old 11-02-2018, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I had forgotten all about the Auto Dim.
I guess I've had my headlights on lobeam for so long I've forgotten I even had that feature

I'll have to go back and learn how to use it again.
post #39 of 62 Old 11-02-2018, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Garage
Well I need more input on the truck not how to pay for it LOL.
I try not to ever finance.. if I cant pay cash or write a check for it, I don't buy it .......
homes are the only exceptions and I build them so I guess I got that covered too
We don't have sales tax so thats a plus.
I write the truck off on my business theres another plus.
Just give me the reasons you like or dislike the new 2018, 2019 trucks thanks.
RJC2 likes this.

New 2019 F350 CCLB Platinum
Last Truck 2006 F350 CCLB KR

I'm out old man. I'm just a pecker-wood who lives in the woods with too many guns. Ya happy?"
post #40 of 62 Old 11-02-2018, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
I have the different opinion on the auto high beams. For me they seem to trigger the high beam off when a street light comes up. I ended up turning it off cause it would randomly turn off the high beam when i would come up to a random street light.

On another note if you pay cash for your vehicles it may be better to take a low or no interest loan on the vehicle and then take the money you were gonna spend on the truck and invest it. Most likely you will make more on the interest of the investment then you are paying on the loan.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Soldó2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode