General 6.7 Discussion (2017-2019) General 6.7 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-23-2018, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyway to wire AMP steps into factory harness

I believe my truck has the harness for factory power running boards and was wondering if I could wire the AMP steps to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 F-350 Lariat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-23-2018, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,125 Times in 2,033 Posts
Mentioned: 431 Post(s)
Quoted: 3135 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sure, if you know the pin out to ID the right wires.

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #3 of 7 Old 05-24-2018, 11:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The amp kit for 2017+ plugs into obd2. What is issue with that? I have a set sitting here waiting to go on, so curious

19 F450

Iíve owned previous vehicles but I wonít waste the forum space to list them, oh ya, and you donít care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-25-2018, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock15 View Post
The amp kit for 2017+ plugs into obd2. What is issue with that? I have a set sitting here waiting to go on, so curious

They are good steps but I think the obdII sends false signals sometimes. While using remote start they will start to deploy then retract. When the doors auto lock after starting to drive I will hear them retract as if they had started to deploy.

2018 F-350 Lariat

post #5 of 7 Old 05-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oh great. Thanks for heads up. I’ll watch this to see if you make any progress or learn anything about how to correct

19 F450

Iíve owned previous vehicles but I wonít waste the forum space to list them, oh ya, and you donít care
post #6 of 7 Old 05-25-2018, 10:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked X View Post
They are good steps but I think the obdII sends false signals sometimes. While using remote start they will start to deploy then retract. When the doors auto lock after starting to drive I will hear them retract as if they had started to deploy.

Hey guys I put a set of AMP XL stemps on mine a few months ago, theres 2 wires that go through a grommet under the carpet on the driver side which connects to an OBD connector (all the connectors are supplied). There is a "control box" that gets mounted near the battery with a harness that they provide. The installation was pretty straight forward and ive had literally 0 malfunctions or false door events etc. They work really well. If you are having trouble maybe the connections arent solid or maybe you have a defective part in your kit? They literally work 100% perfectly on my truck and I really couldnt be happier with the quality or function of the product.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-29-2018, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I have the hard wired set on my 15 F350. I originally wanted to do exactly what the OP is asking. However, once I started installing the steps it became apparent that it would be cleaner and easier to run the 4 wires through a rubber grommet into the cab on the passenger side. Otherwise, I would of had to run wires from the drivers side harness to the passenger side harness either under the truck (would have to figure out how to protect/hide the wires) or up through the engine bay down the other side. The system is run by a bank installed in the engine bay and comes with a wire harness designed to run from the passenger side battery to each step's motor and a third run that is sized to go into the cab on the passenger side.

2015 F350 King Ranch Fx4 CCSB SRW 6.7L
Magnaflow 17053
S&B Filters 75-5104 Cold Air Intake
Fox 2.0 Performance Series Reservoir Front/Rear
Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode