post #31 of 31 Old 01-11-2018, 05:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mac View Post
It’s not as clear cut as that. There is another perspective that needs to be considered. I wanted my truck with exactly my options. First off it’s difficult to get a Lariat F350 with 18” wheels. That was important for me . Plus other specific options to go with the Lariat package and 18” wheels was impossible to find. I looked everywhere in the state of Florida, so to me it’s worth my hard earn $ to purchase exactly the truck I wanted. IMO, I’m not being reckless with my $ because after a year of searching, I decided to work very hard to get the best price on the EXACT truck I wanted with EVERY option I wanted, and NO options I didn’t want to pay for needlessly. It’s probably a one of a kind truck I could have only received thru the special order option.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not every situation is going to meet my way of doing things. I didn't need, or want, to order a truck to my specs. I did that with my 2011 Mustang GT though because the situation was good for it. But that was a car that had an MSRP of $42k and I bought it at $36k. The truck I bought had an MSRP of just over $69k. So for me personally, and the way I spend my money, waiting till the end of the year suits my needs. I financed $58k with an OTD price of $63k which included taxes, 72/125k extended warranty and the little crap the dealer adds on. Of course, I had the price of the truck and all worked out before I told them I had a trade-in that I knew I was $3k in the good on. Also having my own financing removes the ability of the dealership to make extra money off a few tenths, or actual percentage points, of a loan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six0~Stroker View Post
Can you expand on this a little more for me please. Reason is, my “new” 2013 truck I took a loan out through the dealer when I bought it and got 3.79%
I paid off half of the truck and put the other half on the loan.
This is my first car loan and I’m debating whether to just keep paying monthly or use more cash to pay it off.

If I can figure out a way to get another loan through another bank/ credit Union that has roughly 0.9-1-9% I might just keep the payment for a year or two.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bank will see your truck as being at least five years old. It's hard to get refinanced at the lower rates due to the age of the truck. Like I said above though, if you have savings accounts at four different banks, you can still play them against each other. Whatever you have for a down payment, mention that. EDIT: I should mention that the lower you pay the truck down, IE...the if it's worth $30k and you have the ability to get it at or below $20k with your new down payment, the more likely the banks are to work with you on the APR because it greatly reduces their risk on the loan, shows that you are saving money and responsible and overall, works in your favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMc View Post
Actually I ordered my 18 to save money, not waste it. The lots were full of 17’s with the higher trim levels but the dealer couldn’t find an XLT that was built the way I wanted it. Instead of taking one of the 17’s I ended up saving thousands by ordering exactly what I wanted in an 18.

But if you want a Lariat, go ahead and waste your money. That’s just sheer stupidity to me. I like my money right where it is, in my possession.
Obviously, my comments weren't directed at you specifically. However, there were three or four 2017 XL's and XLT's on my dealer lot. I fully understand why some people order a vehicle the way they want it, so this shoe doesn't fit your needs and you shouldn't try putting it on.

All I wanted was on the truck I bought and only the moon roof was on there that I didn't really care to have. However, I couldn't order a 2018 Lariat F250 with everything else minus the moon roof and pay less for it it compared to my 2017. The dealer wouldn't move that low off MSRP and the incentives simply weren't there.

We cannot live on .45 ACP alone. There's .22, .223, 5.56, 9mm, .380, 7.62, 10mm, I could go on....

2017 F250 6.7L CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Last edited by Hawk388; 01-11-2018 at 05:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode