2017 6.7 Problems - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2017-2019) General 6.7 Discussion

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 52 Old 11-27-2017, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm sure FORD will take proper care of you. I have a 2011 that's been serviced five times on my extended warranty. In the four dealerships across the country I've worked with I've felt they are committed to taking care of me.

2011 F350 Lariat DRW 8,100lbs
2014 XLR 415amp HondaHauler 21,100lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 52 Old 11-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haftahunt View Post
Well it’s bad.....found a bolt in the motor and it broke the 2 injectors in question and engine damage....appears to need a new motor after some cost analysis ford is doing....they don’t know if the bolt came loose or was in there upon build....gonna be several more weeks until it’s fixed....taking the cab off and looking at what all is damaged.....800 miles on an $80k truck....not good luck with my first ford in 17 years.....what would y’all do next????
Every engine replacement that I've seen has included the 8 year 150,000 mile warranty. In these cases the customer had to ask for it, and Ford honored the request. It is a bumper to bumper warranty so that should ease your mind.
I know its troubling having such a big investment have an issue so major, but rest assure that Ford will take care of you. In the interim, I would be glad that my new truck isn't accruing any miles.

2019 Raptor
2001 F250 Platinum Edition, 7.3, Automatic, Superchips tuner.
post #13 of 52 Old 11-28-2017, 12:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2017 6.7

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. We just also purchased a 2017 F350 Lariat. Put a couple of hundred miles and then hooked up our travel trailer and headed to Austin for F1, a 2000 mile journey. Absolutely no problems. Pulls like a scalded dog. When you get yours back I know you will be pleased. And do ask for the extended warranty and get it in writing and make sure it is part of your vehicle online record.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 52 Old 11-29-2017, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
i would be asking for a new truck. That is a MAJOR issue that I'll always have lingering in the back of my mind. I had a RAM which had an electrical problem the first 1000 miles and the dealer just swapped me out for a new one after 3 weeks.
post #15 of 52 Old 11-30-2017, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Ford contacted me. They will only fix the motor, which is expected. They told me to contact the dealer and they might take care of something on getting a different vehicle. They have been less than helpful and even suggested I trade it in towards a new one. The official diagnosis is "debris" in the motor. A bolt that came from who knows where got 2 cylinders and they are putting in a new long block. Those that have received the warranty from ford for the inconvenience, how do you go about getting that? I'm really thinking about getting rid of it as it will never be a new truck without problems that I spent nearly $70k for. A fairly long warranty would ease that I'm guessing, but don't know how to approach ford to get this. When the cab comes off to do this repair, does it squeak and rattle or is it an easy process that won't mess anything else up. Thanks!!

HaftaHunt
post #16 of 52 Old 11-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I would call Ford and ask them for an extended warranty. If they say no then push your dealer. I doubt the dealership will give you a new truck as it would cost them thousands in trade difference. They can put more in your trade to help but that's probably all they will offer. I hope you get the warranty and all goes well. Thanks, for the update.
post #17 of 52 Old 11-30-2017, 03:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
@blwnsmoke did you get the extended warranty when they replaced yours. If so the op is asking how to go about it.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Sold—2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 52 Old 12-01-2017, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusjermal View Post
@blwnsmoke did you get the extended warranty when they replaced yours. If so the op is asking how to go about it.
I buy my ESPs.. not sure what you are talking about when you said "when they replaced yours".

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2, Dieselsite fuel filter, DeeZee tailgate assist, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Bilstein 5100s

dlr

**Support the Online Vendors!!! Want your best price, buy from Scott Pratt!! Get your truck in 3-4 weeks, order to delivered!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 52 Old 12-01-2017, 05:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blwnsmoke View Post
I buy my ESPs.. not sure what you are talking about when you said "when they replaced yours".
Didn't you have the motor replaced in your truck? I wasn't sure if Ford gave you the 8 year 150,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for the troubles of having to get the motor replaced with just a few hundred miles.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Sold—2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

post #20 of 52 Old 12-01-2017, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusjermal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blwnsmoke View Post
Didn't you have the motor replaced in your truck? I wasn't sure if Ford gave you the 8 year 150,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for the troubles of having to get the motor replaced with just a few hundred miles.
Nope, I had posted a pic of one that had the motor replaced due to a failed oil pump. This was when they first came out and a TAB came out for it when Ford realized a potential issue with a certain date range.

It was a red one with motor removed that I had posted.

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2, Dieselsite fuel filter, DeeZee tailgate assist, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Bilstein 5100s

dlr

**Support the Online Vendors!!! Want your best price, buy from Scott Pratt!! Get your truck in 3-4 weeks, order to delivered!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode