3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 11-12-2017, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Operator commanded regeneration

If this is a duplicate post I apologize. I posted ( or thought I posted earlier) but cannot find my thread.

So I picked up a 2017 xlt f350 super duty. Come to find out it does not come standard with the operator commanded regeneration. Had I done a little bit more research prior to the purchase I would have specified this option. I have read that it can be enabled by the dealer. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-09-2017, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had ford add the dpf screen and the operator commanded regeneration feature with auto regen on/off function today. Pretty cool considering ford wanted 250 ish to do this at the factory.
post #3 of 17 Old 12-09-2017, 07:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd Rig View Post
I had ford add the dpf screen and the operator commanded regeneration feature with auto regen on/off function today. Pretty cool considering ford wanted 250 ish to do this at the factory.
Did you take it to a second dealer that did it for free? You said you had ford add it then that ford was gonna charge 250 to do it so it was kind of confusing if you got an aftermarket place to do it.

2017 F350 6.7L 4x4 FX4 SRW CCSB Lariat Ultimate

Soldó2002 F350 7.3 4x4 SRW CCLB. GTP38R, PIS 175/80 injectors, Sam Wyse Stage 2 Trans, 6.0 cooler, Banks Intercooler, 4" Turbo back Exhaust, PHP tuned TS 6 position chip, CNC 4 Line feed, HPOP and HPX Lines. International bellowed up pipes. AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry filter. Banks exhaust brake and smart lock. Hutch/Harpoon mod, 910 Valve springs, Billet intake plenums. Firestone airbags. Trailready full guard front bumper. PIAA Driving and Fog lights. Micky Thompson Wheels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I would like my dealership to add this feature too. I have inquired about it but they knew nothing about it.

2017 F350, CCLB, 4X4, Magnetic Larriat Ultimate
post #5 of 17 Old 12-10-2017, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The ford factory would have charged an extra 250 as part of the build price to enable this feature when it is just that. A feature that can be enabled. No extra hardware needed. The dealership did do it for free. I did it because I wanted to be able to fully control the regen process. It's a nice feature to add. Will help to stop limit unfinished regens on short trips and if I want to do a stationary regen rather than go for a 30 minute ride to clean the dpf I now can. If you guys want let me know and I will post 2 links that show the process to add the dpf % screen, and the user selectable on/off auto and manual regen feature.
MrTommy and cletusjermal like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pd Rig For This Useful Post:
Taurkon (01-04-2018)
post #6 of 17 Old 12-10-2017, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...e1512436867832

The first post shows ford ids screen shots. 3 options
Manual regen off
Manual regen enabled (without on/off of auto regen)
Manual regen w/ auto inhibit ( means you can turn the dpf regen process off completely)

Add dpf % screen

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...he-2017-a.html

Why would you want to turn the dpf regen process off? So you can allow more passive regens and plan your regen for a highway trip that will be 20-30 minutes. Preferably hauling a load of some sort. Higher egts equals more efficient regen. I am not suggesting to haul a car trailer everytime you regen. Just plan your regens. If you are going to be doing some short trips, turn it off.
Austinite79 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pd Rig For This Useful Post:
Austinite79 (01-02-2018)
post #7 of 17 Old 12-25-2017, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just wanted to add this to the thread.
I have kept my regeneration disabled and let the filter % screen get to 100%. Not until then did the ecu prompt me with a message stating dpf full. Clean soon.
This is the point where you can pa k and complete a commanded regen.

There is some room for play here and no need to pull over and do a commanded regen. The drive to clean message will not come on for a while after that.

So you have a few options.

1. You can enable auto regen and the truck will initiate a regen. This is what I would suggest as you can drive while you do this and utilize the time and fuel.

2. When you get to where you are going. Initiate a commanded regen. This can only be done in park. You cannot initiate a regen while driving. You absolutely must take action if the drive to clean message appears. If you ignore the drive to clean message for too long and the dpf diff pressure goes past it's threshold, the ecu will lock itself out and you will need forscan or the dealer to try to initiate a stationary regen.

i enabled my auto regen feature while driving and it took about 15 minutes before I saw the dpf % full start to drop. Was down to nothing in like another 15 to 20 minutes. No muss, no fuss.
post #8 of 17 Old 05-24-2019, 05:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone have issues with the dealer not knowing what this was? I told them about it and I am hoping there diesel tech knows.
post #9 of 17 Old 10-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Finally! I will go to my service writer and look into adding this option.
post #10 of 17 Old 10-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
My dealer added the % and I thought they would add the on command but did not. Hasn’t been an issue thus far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 F250 XLT SBCC grey flake, 33x12.50 Toyo m/t's on 18 inch mammoth wheels. Rhino lined go rhino nerf bars. S&B cai,Spartan tuned and straight piped. Fake *** chrome grille removed and a matching colored grille put in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode