Join Date: Aug 2017
Thanked 33 Times in 33 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So 10w 30 is a better option vs 5w 40 if truck is not a heavy hauler?
10-30 is the non-severe oil recommended by Ford. 5-40 is recommended for severe as defined by:
- Frequent or extended idling (over 10 minutes per hour of normal driving).
- Low-speed operation/stationary use.
- If vehicle is operated in sustained ambient temperatures below -9°F (-23°C) or above 100°F (38°C).
- Frequent low-speed operation, consistent heavy traffic less than 25 mph (40 km/h).
- Operating in severe dust conditions.
- Operating the vehicle off road.
- Towing a trailer over 1000 mi (1,600 km).
- Sustained, high-speed driving at Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (maximum loaded weight for vehicle operation).
- Use of fuels with sulfur content other than ultra-low sulfur diesel (ULSD).
- Use of high-sulfur diesel fuel.
I have a few on those list so 5w-30 will stay in. I received my first Blackstone, which was residual T6 with new Schaffer and Arch oil. Forgot to change it Hot so I will see this next one with just Schaffer and Arch what kicks out with the report.
2017 F250 CrewCab Short, leveled with 35/12.5/20 Toyo MT. Fuel 20x10
TOTALED: 2010 F-350 6.4 Crew-Short, Sinister Deletes, Coolant Filter. SCT with Tunes. CTS2 monitor, Mishi Rad, CFS Intercooler. Cold Side pipe, Down Pipe. 2.5 level, 295/65/20 Kenwood 9900 Apple Car Play