2015 F350 Super Duty JL Audio Aftermarket Stereo Installation - Page 20 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 223 Old 01-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo_Slice View Post
Question to anyone-
How long should the 12v positive wire from the battery to the amp?
Will 15 feet be sufficient?
I'm going to pick up the wire soon.
I'd pick up 20 feet, I think I did mine with just over 15 foot and I was short about a foot. Ran mine through the firewall (4 gauge, two runs) and down the wire chase in the door sills to the back seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 223 Old 01-28-2017, 06:03 PM
Loud Exhaust Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Garage
Alright thanks. I'm going with 2 gauge ofc just in case I need to upgrade in the future.
post #193 of 223 Old 01-28-2017, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo_Slice View Post
Alright thanks. I'm going with 2 gauge ofc just in case I need to upgrade in the future.
There you go.

FWIW I run my 1200 watt rockford fosgate amp that's actually doing 1200 RMS @ 1 OHM on 4 gauge and it's doing fine, probably is on the brink of bumping to 2 gauge or 1/0. But I don't have space to run that thick a wire and I probably won't.

Door speaker amp (JL 700/5 pushing 75 watts to each door) is on 4 gauge and that's to spec.

Capacitors are stupid and won't help you unless you run a ten farad cap on a single smaller to mid size amp. Also FWIW. My opinion only.

Last edited by HLBeef; 01-28-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 223 Old 02-26-2017, 05:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Great post and well detailed and informative. I was just about to drop 6K into a "modest" upgrade with 2-10's amp and new door speakers when I stumbled across this. Needless to say I'll be ordering all my stuff and doing this on my own now that I have a "floor plan" to follow. Thanks for the post! I can use the savings for other mods
post #195 of 223 Old 03-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDZL View Post

5) Good catch...the JL Audio C2-350x will not fit, so I just decided to leave the OEM center channel for now. Creates enough fill and does not degrade sound quality enough for me to notice. May yet decide to fabricate in the 350x at some point, but don't really need to. (5/26/15 Correction: Crutchfield fit guide and customer service indicated that the JL C2-350x would not fit, but blwnsmoke and I split a pair of these speakers and they fit/installed perfectly as center channel replacements. Definite improvement in sound quality and recommended upgrade.)
Did you guys use the capacitor that is attached to the stock center speaker or just wire the C2-350x straight in? I believe the capacitor is intended to reduce some of the bass to the center speaker.
@blwnsmoke
post #196 of 223 Old 03-10-2017, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW72 View Post
Did you guys use the capacitor that is attached to the stock center speaker or just wire the C2-350x straight in? I believe the capacitor is intended to reduce some of the bass to the center speaker.
@blwnsmoke
Wired it directly in.

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2, Dieselsite fuel filter, DeeZee tailgate assist, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Bilstein 5100s

dlr

**Support the Online Vendors!!! Want your best price, buy from Scott Pratt!! Get your truck in 3-4 weeks, order to delivered!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to blwnsmoke For This Useful Post:
RayW72 (03-10-2017)
post #197 of 223 Old 04-19-2017, 08:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
installed the C2-350x in the center channel yesterday. Initially I didnt use the Capacitor. But
I had a few songs where the cone was hitting the tweeter surround in the center.
I put the capacitor on the center channel and it solved the problem.
Sounds great! center is more clear for sure.

Waiting for my supercrewsound box for the 13TW5

Installed a set of C2-650 in the front doors tonight... crossovers are wired to what used to be the woofer in the door... I'm not really impressed. They seem quiet. I checked polarity and everything is good. I just feel like at max volume I can still talk over the speakers.. the C2-350x in the center channel over powers the doors I feel.. I may be putting an amp on them. Anyone else using the stock amp have this problem?
post #198 of 223 Old 04-20-2017, 04:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

^^ @littlewack The C2-650's seem louder to me. I had to tone down the mid and treble quite a bit. I assume you installed the JL tweeters. Did you adjust the crossover? I left mine at default "REF" and they scream.

I haven't finished my installation yet. I purchased everything listed in this build. It's sitting in the garage ready to go but I just don't have time to tear the back apart yet.

So far, I've replaced the center channel with a C2-650x. Sound deadened the two front doors and installed the C2-650's and tweeters. I must say with just those changes the system is much better. The front door speakers have enough mid-bass to fill the cabin and complement the stock subwoofer significantly. Before I installed them you could tell the bass was coming from the back where the subwoofer is located. Now it's hard to tell if it's coming from the front doors or the stock sub.

I'm really looking forward to installing that 13TW5. My rear view mirror already rattles(vibrates with noise) pretty bad. I'll have to figure out some way to quite it down some.

I can't wait to get the rest of the system installed.
post #199 of 223 Old 04-20-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW72 View Post
My rear view mirror already rattles(vibrates with noise) pretty bad. I'll have to figure out some way to quite it down some.
Pop the mirror off the windshield (I used a flat head screw driver I bent to about a 30 angle and inserted it in the bottom and carefully pried upward and back). Then apply a piece of Dynamat to the mount to separate isolate the metal parts. The rattle comes from the metal on the mirror mount hitting the mount adhered to the windshield. There's no rattle coming from within the mirror body itself. I went through that exercise and failed (dynamat the inside of mirror body).
The Following User Says Thank You to jetskier For This Useful Post:
RayW72 (04-21-2017)
post #200 of 223 Old 04-20-2017, 01:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I set my tweeters to +2 trying to get some more volume out of them.

curious if when you guys put the fader all the way to the front, does it sound like just the center channel is working?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode