Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.7 Fuel Filter Change DIY

126K views 105 replies 64 participants last post by  HeavyAssault 
#1 ·
Both fuel filters changed on a 6.7 video how-to

cheers!

#2 ·
I've seen this before, but still a good post. I might have to come back to it when the time comes

#12 ·
Yessir, I can too. Bake-o-lite caps? I have $28 in a new cap (+ travel, research, and waiting in line) and absolute confidence that replacement will be necessary next time.

#5 ·
One thing the video forgets to mention is that you need to loosen the fuel filter housing about 3 turns prior to draining it. This will keep additional fuel from entering the housing when draining and will keep fuel waste to a minimum (not to mention keeping down on the mess).

#7 ·
I didn't have to loosen any nuts on the secondary fuel filter because there wasn't any. Do the 2014's not have the clamp to hold it in place or I am missing an important part? :rofl: I went to loews and bought the tools and when I went to undo it, there was nothing. :dunno:

#9 ·
Yup. I took off the fuel lines and just twisted it out. Then set the new filter back in and rotated and it clicked right into place. I posted a thread the other day with a picture of my old filter and mentioned i didn't need tools and no one said anything. Thats when I watched your video.

Good video by the way. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

#22 ·
Interesting, during the same visit that the so called Ford Tech broke my plastic filter housing I listened to him try to start the truck about 6 or 8 times before it would fire. And this was at a dealership!! :mad::mad:

Thanks for all this great information, I am seeing fuel filter changes being preformed by me in the near future. :nod:

#21 ·
I just change my fuel filters for the 1st time in my 2014 F250 at 10,000. Getting the filter in the engine bay out of its housing was a PITA. After turning it to the right a quarter turn, had to use a large screwdriver to pry it out. Even putting the new one back in was very tight, so I put some grease on the outside of the new filter to hopefully make its extraction easier next time.

#26 ·
Just got done changing my oil and fuel filters. Bought a strap wrench to try and keep from breaking the cap and it worked great. Cycled the key a few times and she fired right up. The housing the upper fuel filter goes in doesn't have the bolt, the filter just slides in and you twist it but the top part of the little slot that holds the filter in is cracked but I guess it doesn't really matter

#28 ·
Bought my Ford filter kit from Walmart. Ordered it online for about 53 bucks. Haven't changed filters yet since temps are too damned cold!! As soon as it warms up a bit then I will change them out. Have ~16xxx miles so it is time.

#29 ·
when I first changed my filters it was at about 17-18Kmi.... last time I've waited that long as I was pretty surprised by the crap I found in there. I've been sticking with 10Kmi intervals since then. Need to do mine today but think I'll wait till it gets above the 10* mark to do it!!!

#32 ·
Ive got one I just haven't installed it yet, Im waiting for some more cash flow so I can replace the lift pump with a fass to since ford sells both filters as a package deal, so Im screwed, you kinda gotta replace either both or neither.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.