What did you do to your 6.7 this week? - Page 433 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

1058Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4321 of 4438 Old 09-03-2019, 12:46 PM
Emergency Services

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedDiesel View Post
Wish my white led surround would work ؛), but they look great !! I got the Spyder brand instead of recon, figures why they might not work.
Mine was doing this during the winter months and cold days this spring. Emailed the sales guy that I purchased from and he responded with this:

Please call us at (626)934-8884 and ask for Tech Support, they will assist you in troubleshooting with this light.
Part number: 5084460

Worth a shot to call, I have not yet...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 F250 "Jet Express" 6.7L CCLB, S&B Filter, Falken Wild Peaks, Walker Evans Legacy 18x9, Carli 2.5" Backcountry w/ Deavers, Iron Cross W2W steps, and more to come!
2003 F150 "2-wheel Peel" 4.2L V6 RCLB, My first truck, hand-me-down from my grandfather, bone stock
2000 F350 "Shop Truck" 7.3L V8 RCLB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 4438 Old 09-07-2019, 06:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Fixed the marker light, added fog lights

The latest addition to my 2016 F-350 are a pair of Baja Designs fog lights. Since the truck didn't have fog lights to start with, I had to order the whole fog light set from Ford before the Baja's could be installed. Then I find out there are four little 'clips' that come on the factory fog light setup if they were on the truck, but don't come with the fog light setup if you order it from Ford. Why the parts guy didn't know that is odd. But then, I guess when you're dealing with zillions of parts for dozens of car models, this can happen. Anyway, the fog lights are in, and I ordered the needed 'clips' from an eBay store (since Ford wanted $8/each for them!). $4/ea from eBay - still a rippoff in my opinion, but oh well.

Meantime, I'm thrilled to death with the lights! I had no idea they would be this bright. They make my regular headlights look (and act) like marker lights in comparison. I had the option of two different light powers so of course I ordered the most powerful ones. Now I wonder about the wisdom of this, but it's too late now. I actually wanted lights I could use during the day out on two lane roads so oncoming traffic could see me from a distance. There's lots of "distance" out here in Nevada - ha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wow.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	786.2 KB
ID:	722825  
backhoebill and hogbody like this.

2016 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab long bed. Highway Products Pickup Bed installed. Hulivators when kayaking is in season. Added the Banks iDash gauge. Swapped out stock chrome grill for a Raptor style flat black grill. Recon headlights. Baja Designs LED Fog Lamps
post #4323 of 4438 Old 09-07-2019, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Those look great! Definitely bright as hell.

I was considering swapping mine to get a broader light pattern to illuminate the side of the road better. Do this have more of a pencil beam or a wide beam?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4324 of 4438 Old 09-07-2019, 01:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCLewis View Post
What I did to it, was bought it. Thought Iíd go ahead and be that guy. Traded my max tow F150 in for it. 2013 F-250 lariat with lariat ultimate Package. FX4 CC SB grey in color. Pretty happy with the truck and, itís only got 71k miles

Congrats! sounds like a nice truck

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
post #4325 of 4438 Old 09-07-2019, 01:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 KRLB City Slicker View Post
Washed her up and fueled her, threw in additive and cleaned the windows in the ole snug top.
I need to do that bad. I spilled a bit of oil in the bed when I did the "mid road trip" oil change. Need to clean that off the bedinsert and get a good interior/exterior wash going.

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
post #4326 of 4438 Old 09-07-2019, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverjosh View Post
Those look great! Definitely bright as hell.

Do these have more of a pencil beam or a wide beam? thanks!
These have more of a wide beam (I'd call it a "swath" of the brightest light I've ever seen on the front of a pickup's fog lights) that lights up both sides of my street the one time I took them for a test drive. But they also shined all the way to the end of the block.

I very seldon drive at night anymore now that I'm retired. I fall asleep about 8 pm -
hogbody likes this.

2016 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab long bed. Highway Products Pickup Bed installed. Hulivators when kayaking is in season. Added the Banks iDash gauge. Swapped out stock chrome grill for a Raptor style flat black grill. Recon headlights. Baja Designs LED Fog Lamps
post #4327 of 4438 Old 09-08-2019, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Installed some Rough Country fog lights.
post #4328 of 4438 Old 09-08-2019, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hooked it up to the toy hauler. Went to campsite. Fun all weekend. It's now back in the barn waiting for the next adventure.

2015 F250 Platinum
Firestone Airbags
post #4329 of 4438 Old 09-09-2019, 05:18 AM

Garage
“I very seldon drive at night anymore now that I'm retired. I fall asleep about 8 pm”

That is hilarious. I am not at that stage yet...

Lights sour. Perfect though. Thanks!
MrTommy likes this.

post #4330 of 4438 Old 09-10-2019, 08:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Fixed my NO Crank Issue

2016 F350 Lariat CC LB 4WD DRW
Been experiencing a random no crank issue the last couple of weeks; turn the key to crank and sometimes got a click and most time nothing except dash would go blank then come back up when return key to on position. Started Friday morning of Labor Day weekend when 150 miles from the house on the beginning of what ended up being a 1300 mile Labor Day weekend excursion road trip. It did it a few more times that same morning then thankfully it cranked and started like normal the rest of the trip. After getting back home 2 nights later experienced the same no crank again twice but otherwise cranked and started normally. Then after sitting in the driveway overnight the no crank and occasional click but mostly nothing came back and this time was here to stay. Thankfully it was in the driveway and not stranded somewhere.

The start relay fuse was okay.
I checked each battery separately with a load tester and they both passed.
So next was checking the connections on the starter solenoid & starter for corrosion or anything. Power cable to solenoid and start wire connections were fine. Turned out to be the factory jumper from solenoid to starter was loose and it had started to melt the nut. Cleaned all the cables/jumpers and terminals and tightened all the nuts on the solenoid and she cranks and starts every time now
MrTommy and backhoebill like this.

μολὼν λαβέ | si vis pa∑​cem, pa∑​ra bel∑​lum
2016 F350 Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 4WD 4.30LS
14000#GVWR Pkg, HiCap-TowPkg, PlowPkg-ExtraHD Alt, WideTrack frt axle, Max frt springs
Sinister ColdSide Charge Pipe, OBDLinkMX+ MonitorApp on Fire7 tablet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode