What did you do to your 6.7 this week? - Page 413 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

925Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4121 of 4186 Old 03-18-2019, 09:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rotated the tires, got LED headlight bulbs, LED foglight bulbs, smoked LED mirror lens / lights, changed the oil, changed trans fluid, got everything ready for a mini road trip on Wednesday. In the 6.0 for oil I always used Delo 15W40 but I seen it wasn't on the approved list of oils for the 6.7 so I switched to Rotella T6 This stuff is a lot more expensive, thankfully it was on sale for $21/gal but the bill was still $110 for 4 gallons and a filter. At least next time I won't have to get the 4th gallon but it'll still be expensive haha. Did anyone notice this oil smells like tree sap?

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4122 of 4186 Old 03-19-2019, 06:48 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,035 Posts
Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Quoted: 2586 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
Rotated the tires, got LED headlight bulbs, LED foglight bulbs, smoked LED mirror lens / lights, changed the oil, changed trans fluid, got everything ready for a mini road trip on Wednesday. In the 6.0 for oil I always used Delo 15W40 but I seen it wasn't on the approved list of oils for the 6.7 so I switched to Rotella T6 This stuff is a lot more expensive, thankfully it was on sale for $21/gal but the bill was still $110 for 4 gallons and a filter. At least next time I won't have to get the 4th gallon but it'll still be expensive haha. Did anyone notice this oil smells like tree sap?
The smell is all the additives and friction mods being put in to meet specs now. Walk over to all my 55gal drums of stock oil and its like being in a weird automotive forest. LOL.
SparkyF250 likes this.
post #4123 of 4186 Old 03-19-2019, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
If there's a Sam's Club near you, watch for it to go on sale. It was around $45 per case of 3 gallons a couple months ago. I bought 5 cases and with Shell's rebates at the time ended up paying $9/gallon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4124 of 4186 Old 03-19-2019, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
If you still have your receipt, there is a $7.00 per gallon rebate from Shell.

https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/coup...L0RJWS90NXQ2Lw
Red Ford likes this.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

2011 Lariat F250 SCLB
Full Weight Loss
Banks Air Cleaner
SCT Livewire GH tunes
5" stainless straight pipe
post #4125 of 4186 Old 03-21-2019, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Upgraded my HID projector headlight bulbs to LED bulbs. Phillips CBH D2S to Profile Peak D2S LEDs.
HeavyAssault likes this.

Thanks and have a goodun, Rollo!
post #4126 of 4186 Old 03-21-2019, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Installed new rear brake calipers, went with ford reman’s. My drivers side rear caliper was starting to stick so decided to relace both in the rear.
HeavyAssault likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F350 CCLB Lariat/ EZ Lynk Tyrant tuned/deleted/15+turbo swap/No limit stage 2 intake/H&S silicone CAC pipe/5” exhaust/2.5” BDS Leveling kit on 35s/Fox shocks/20” XD grenades
post #4127 of 4186 Old 03-22-2019, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuck View Post
Installed new rear brake calipers, went with ford reman’s. My drivers side rear caliper was starting to stick so decided to relace both in the rear.
When one side is bad, the other side can't be far off. Smart choice. Why re-bleed the system again when you can just get it all done at once.

How hard was your brake system bleed. I heard rumor that these trucks have a finicky system bleed due to the ABS system. Or is that bunk?

Cheers!
HeavyAssault likes this.

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
post #4128 of 4186 Old 03-22-2019, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverjosh View Post
When one side is bad, the other side can't be far off. Smart choice. Why re-bleed the system again when you can just get it all done at once.

How hard was your brake system bleed. I heard rumor that these trucks have a finicky system bleed due to the ABS system. Or is that bunk?

Cheers!
Was a breeze, just a few cracks of the bleeder to get any air out took maybe 5min max, but I also always hook up the line right away and leave the bleeder valve open until it starts spitting fluid out then tighten it up while I’m torquing it all down so it fills the caliper up and there’s usually not a lot of air as most gets pushed out of the caliper as it forces the air out as it fills
HeavyAssault likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F350 CCLB Lariat/ EZ Lynk Tyrant tuned/deleted/15+turbo swap/No limit stage 2 intake/H&S silicone CAC pipe/5” exhaust/2.5” BDS Leveling kit on 35s/Fox shocks/20” XD grenades
post #4129 of 4186 Old 03-23-2019, 01:32 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Generally speaking a bleed is easy, it's a brake system flush with the ABS that can be tricky.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

post #4130 of 4186 Old 03-23-2019, 01:47 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What did I do this week? I learned a lesson....yea a simple lesson we always seem to discuss. Add to that a dash of karma to boot....

So two weeks or so ago I changed the oil/oil filter in the truck at 130k. No issues, but I had it in mind I would get to changing the Diesel Site kit filters as well. I decided I'll do the fuel filters at the next weekend. That weekend came and went. We needed to run errands today so out the door we go. Down the usual route BUT there was some sort of police/fire/rescue situation going on which required me to do a complete u-turn to head back towards my house to run the back route. All of a sudden....BING BING BING...Low Fuel Pressure on the dash. WTH?????...OK the message...truck is running fine. Dab on the pedal.....boost comes up and DROPS like a rock....CTS 2 Fuel PSI says 3k....Should be at least 12+ if not 20....but 3K!??!....F-me......Got to the house. Switched vehicles. Ran errands. The whole time I'm going thru the troubleshooting plan of attack. Heading home I remember.... I need to check the filter minder on the DieselSite kit. Well there's your problem....smack down into the red. So I got out the coveralls, tools, drain pan, and new filters. Changed it all out, cleaned up. Test ride complete, no issues.

Yea....I didn't follow the SIMPLE maintenance of changing fuel filters WHEN I should have. Thank the Lord I was already heading back towards my house.

In the end...I re-learned a lesson....Do the vehicle maintenance when you are supposed to.
MrTommy and hogbody like this.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode