What did you do to your 6.7 this week? - Page 396 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

1046Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3951 of 4408 Old 12-21-2018, 02:09 AM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Picked up a new tool to work on lights in a playground.

What did you do to your 6.7 this week?-20181128_112551.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3952 of 4408 Old 12-21-2018, 07:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Garage
Very cool! Everyone loves a cherry picker!

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
post #3953 of 4408 Old 12-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Your Local Windex Brewer

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
I have put about 800 miles on my truck now, absolutely love it... Changed oil and fuel filters yesterday also, way easier and cleaner to change fuel filters compared to the 6.4.
G8orFord and joebuck like this.

2015 F350 SRW CCSB Lariat - Stock, for now

2008 F350 SRW CCSB FX4 - Airaid CAI, FloPro 5" straight pipe, Egr delete with BD intake elbow, SCT X4 with tunes from Tyrant Diesel, Monitored by CTS, Fox 2.0s. - SOLD
-Matthew

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3954 of 4408 Old 12-22-2018, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
Well I'm not so happy with this Steelcraft bumper... It's all of a month old and it's getting a blueish haze to it. After I installed it I waxed it like the directions said to, I use Meguires ultimate paste wax like I would on the truck and it looked good. A week later I noticed it seemed pretty dull which I just assumed was normal since it probably just came out of the factory and directly to my house and how it gets time outside. Today my uncle came over and asked me if I forgot to take the wax off because it looks like dried wax that was never taken off but no matter how hard you scrub it stays.

I figured maybe it's an application error as this is E-coated and not powder coated or painted like my previous bumper so I got some wax and grease remover but it still won't touch it. Looks like I'll be calling Steelcraft this afternoon... This paired with the half welded half caulked areas, I am not happy thus far. Pretty disappointing really, the steel its self is probably the strongest bumper I've had but the manufacturing process took a dive.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
post #3955 of 4408 Old 12-22-2018, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Wow they actually put caulk on there. . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15 F250 CCSB Lariat 4WD white/caribou
Tyrant Pack, No Limit plates, MPD cold side pipe, ReadyLift SST 2.5 kit, Fox Shocks, S&B CAI, 295/65r20 Ridge Grapplers

Previous:
99 F250 SCLB 4WD
post #3956 of 4408 Old 12-23-2018, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
Well I'm not so happy with this Steelcraft bumper.

This paired with the half welded half caulked areas.
And I'll bet they brag about how it's American made too. I really like the looks of the bumper though. Sorry to see that. I'm thinking about an aftermarket bumper for my truck too. Now I'm not so sure. Hard to tell who to buy from.

2016 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab long bed. Highway Products Pickup Bed installed. Hulivators when kayaking is in season. Added the Banks iDash gauge. Swapped out stock chrome grill for a Raptor style flat black grill. Recon headlights. Baja Designs LED Fog Lamps
post #3957 of 4408 Old 12-23-2018, 12:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
Wow they actually put caulk on there. . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I wasn't the happiest when I seen that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTommy View Post
And I'll bet they brag about how it's American made too. I really like the looks of the bumper though. Sorry to see that. I'm thinking about an aftermarket bumper for my truck too. Now I'm not so sure. Hard to tell who to buy from.
Oddly enough they don't boast about being American made, they just say that they were founded in California in 1998 and have their shop in California and Texas. Originally I wanted the Go Rhino one (I like the look of the more square bumpers on these trucks) but the fact they advertise it at X price but then you have to spend $300 more to make it work told me I didn't want it. This Steelcraft was the next best looks wise, it's on par if not better than a Ranch hand material wise but as you can see the craftsmanship just isn't the best.

The Fab Fours bumper I had on my '06 was AMAZING. Very sturdy construction, they thought of everything and it was fairly cheap. I wish I would've wen't with the Fab Fours on this truck too, maybe if I get a rear bumper that's what I'll do. That bumper had holes drilled and threaded on the top so that you could buy the hitch attachment later and get a hitch mounted winch, the front plate in the middle came off if you ever damaged it, over all it was just very well thought out.

I opted to send them an E-mail regarding the issues with the faded look, the caulk, and the mis fitting fog lights because when I'm not pleased with something I don't really express myself in the best way over the phone. E-mail allows me to write it out, read it, edit it, send pics, etc. E-mail went out this morning so hopefully we'll hear back by the end of the week. I sent the same E-mail to the manufacturer as well as the distributor. The bumper comes with a 3 year warranty I think it was but I don't want to send this bumper back and be bumperless for 3 weeks.
MrTommy likes this.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
post #3958 of 4408 Old 12-24-2018, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Garage
Red ford, bummer about that bumper. The design looks nice, but caulk? Really? That is some low class build quality...

As for me this week, I got Torque App working on my repurposed Kindle Fire. I have some stuff to iron out but it works!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55085D05-CF29-47DA-B646-247021F04DB3_1545685741374.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	712263  
joebuck and Red Ford like this.

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
post #3959 of 4408 Old 12-24-2018, 04:01 PM

Garage
@roverjosh do you have a touch screen infotainment system or is it the standard one? I wander if you could use the Kindle as a infotainment system.

Well regarding the bumper I brought to a friends welding shop, he said since it's already coated it's best just to leave it as is. We took it off the truck to look at all the welds and there is no caulk on the structural part of it, just where they put the cover thing on the bull nose part of it. It eases my mind that it's only "decorative caulk" but it's still annoying. As for the haziness of it, he said that they might've put some sort of product on it for transportation and it might be decomposing or something. He was able to take it into his shop and use the same degreaser he uses for all the new metal he gets and I re waxed it so only time will tell now.

And I finally broke down and washed it. I hate the 1 day of sun and 2 days of rain, hard to keep a truck clean.

MikeL123 likes this.

SOLD:

post #3960 of 4408 Old 12-24-2018, 05:35 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
@roverjosh do you have a touch screen infotainment system or is it the standard one? I wander if you could use the Kindle as a infotainment system.

Well regarding the bumper I brought to a friends welding shop, he said since it's already coated it's best just to leave it as is. We took it off the truck to look at all the welds and there is no caulk on the structural part of it, just where they put the cover thing on the bull nose part of it. It eases my mind that it's only "decorative caulk" but it's still annoying. As for the haziness of it, he said that they might've put some sort of product on it for transportation and it might be decomposing or something. He was able to take it into his shop and use the same degreaser he uses for all the new metal he gets and I re waxed it so only time will tell now.

And I finally broke down and washed it. I hate the 1 day of sun and 2 days of rain, hard to keep a truck clean.

Thais a real nice looking truck... im looking at a few 15' KR's i know the answer but you have a 2011... how do u like the truck itself over ur other KR? Unfort, all of the ones im looking at are in the high 40s... i want a new truck but will have to settle for an 11=16 i think.

2007 F250 Lariat Outlaw
Stock Motor
5" MBRP Catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode