• 3 Post By HLBeef

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-21-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2016 ford F-250 king ranch

Hello my names Greg and I plan to go look at a used 2016 ford F-250 king ranch with 35,000 miles on it. I was just curious if I should look out for anything in particular while test driving the truck. hate to say this but I have always been a dodge man but I am tired of replacing front end parts every two weeks. The ford is bone stock. If you have owned this model truck please give me all the tips you have.

Thank you in advance to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The 2016 models donít have many issues. Upper oil pan leaks has been one of them. Itís expensive to fix and involves pulling the transfer case and transmission. Check for that problem. My oil leak was covered by factory warranty . The drivers side on the radiator down low has leaked on more than a few vehicles. I havenít had that one yet. Good luck on your purchase.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-22-2019, 09:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CascadeF250 View Post
The 2016 models donít have many issues. Upper oil pan leaks has been one of them. Itís expensive to fix and involves pulling the transfer case and transmission. Check for that problem. My oil leak was covered by factory warranty . The drivers side on the radiator down low has leaked on more than a few vehicles. I havenít had that one yet. Good luck on your purchase.
I second the radiator leak. A "common" problem on these trucks (mine failed at 92k miles), so it may eventually happen to you, but I'd at least take a look at the bottom of the radiators to make sure somebody's not trying to sell you one with a leak and a couple bottles of leak-stop holding it at bay for the week..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
You know...at this point I've been around the block...there are "common" issues with every motor out there....and my many years at Powerstroke.org combined with my actual real life experience with a 6.7...as well as just about 99% of everyone around me who owns one that is not an idiot with tuning....

They are completely reliable. Turn the key and go.

As with any new gen pickup running a CP4 fuel pump, fuel up at trustworthy stations...ones you know that turn over fuel fairly often, not the one horse town mom and pop store. Keep clean fuel and the truck will be happy.

Yes, my radiator leaks. Yes, it has done so for four years now. No, its not a big leak. Yes, it has quit leaking (was a quart/mo at first) in the last two years. I never replaced it. No, I never pumped it full of stop leak (see further), it repaired itself in good Ford fashion.

No, in 200K, I have never once done a front end nor serviced the tranny nor serviced the transfer case nor the diff's not even one brake job since it has rolled off the line (yes I am due at this point the brakes are quite soft lol). There are fleets of these trucks out there (I am involved with a large one) that only get oil changes every 5k and that's it. They tick well on past 300k.

Yes, my evaporator core has ruptured on the a/c and yes I did have that replaced once. Yes it did do it again this summer and yes I did pump it full of stop-leak and it has not leaked since. (damned county roads)

Few emissions sensors here and there. The perks of owning a "green machine" as California would like to think.

Look, a '16 with only 35K on it is brand spanking new. I used to recommend running and OASIS report at the dealer using the truck's vin (this will show you past warranty work done on the truck--helps determine problem trucks), but I really just look a truck up and down like any, make sure it is NOT deleted (I never recommend deleted trucks, you never know what yahoo has been running the hammer tune in it and then traded it off), and then make sure it's what you want.

These trucks are pretty dang reliable. You'd prolly be happy in that '16.

to the post above -- I really have not heard of ANY upper oil pan leaks. Sounds more 7.3 to me--except rear main seal

--H
2012 6.7
Too many toys for it to list

Last edited by HLBeef; 11-22-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode