Going to pick up a 2015 F250 6.7L CCSB - anything I should look for? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-18-2019, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Going to pick up a 2015 F250 6.7L CCSB - anything I should look for?

So long story short, my '05 6.0L CCSB was stolen from work last Tuesday (11/12/2019).

Nothing of any sort has shown up.

So I just put a deposit down, and am intending to purchase the vehicle attached below. It's got 146k miles on it.

I'm no stranger to wrenching on a diesel (look up the work I'd done on my 6.0L some time), but figure y'all might be able to better point me to 'trouble spots' with the 6.7L

Thankfully, I hadn't yet gotten around to doing my 4" suspension lift on the '05 6.0L. I do have rear leaves meant for an '08+ (was going to go the PMF bracket route), and full front suspension (upper and lower balljoints, tie rod ends, drag link, Fox shocks for a 4" lift all the way around, Zone 4"-6" radius arms, etc) - I believe the '05-'16 suspension is all the same, minus the longer rear leaves, correct? I can expect to be able to use all my suspension parts on the 2015 I'm planning to pick up?

Obviously, the spare 6.0L + head gaskets + ARP studs are now worthless (unless my '05 turns up!), so I need to figure out what I'm planning on doing there...

But yeah, mostly wondering if all the suspension parts I have will go onto the '15 with minimal fuss, and what issues for the '15 6.7 I should be looking into.

Appreciate any information provided!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00l0l_7EoT4pSuSPd_1200x900.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	725333  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-19-2019, 08:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not many issues with the 15 and 16 models (they were essentially the same). The most common issues were the upper oil pan leak and the lower radiator leak on drivers side. My 16 had the upper oil pan leak at 36,000 miles. The fix involves pulling the transmission and transfer case.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-19-2019, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well if you're going to pick it up, then there's nothing to look for! Usually people ask before they go and put a deposit down on one. There is really nothing to be concerned with for a 15+ though. If you intend to keep it as it, there's always a chance emission related components could give you gruff down the line with it already have 146k on it.

If you're going the offroad route then there is really nothing to worry about. Just drive it and have fun. Take care of what kind of fuel you use, be sure to always drain the separator at least once a month and use Ford filters. I can't really speak to suspension aspect of it, but I can't see why they won't work.

'11 F-250 RCLB FX4 6.7 - Deleted, SCT GTX - Tyrant tuned, Duratrac's on Moto Metal 962's - Sold
'17 Grand Cherokee SRT - Stock
'97 SVT Cobra - Few things
'88 Mustang LX - Built 306ci, built AOD, 4.10's - Sold
'06 F-350 ECSB Lariat FX4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Sold
'07 F-250 XLT ECSB 4x4 6.0 - Studded, deleted etc..-Totaled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-19-2019, 08:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1625 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Generally speaking you're getting into a very reliable platform that had most of the kinks the early 6.7ls had issues with. If it were me personally... I would find a way to have the emissions devices inspected, to get an idea of what components may give issues sooner than later, change the fluids and filters (there are some breakable plastic fittings fuel filter wise) and just run a fuel additive that's safe for the dpf systems. like optilube, diesel kleen etc... Again you're getting into a totally different platform that at that build year seemed to have all the major concerns worked out etc. You're going to love the raw power and ride of that truck for sure!

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."

Last edited by JustinOOO9; 11-19-2019 at 08:41 AM.
post #5 of 14 Old 11-19-2019, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

My deposit is refundable - until I sign that check tomorrow, I can walk away Sounds like no major issues to speak of, though.

I figure a 400 mile run south on I75 will help ensure the emissions systems have time to do their thing.
HeavyAssault likes this.
post #6 of 14 Old 11-20-2019, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Didn't have my 6.0 stolen but did end up selling it this summer and got into a nice 2016 unit. Like they are saying you are going to love that truck. Mine is only an XLT so some differences that you have on interior and screens but I got an Edge CTS to monitor most of my vitals. I just changed the oil for the first time since owning this 16 and to be honest I would rather change the 6.0 twice a week than change this one as often as I intend to. I miss the oil filter on top of the engine already.
Work Truck Fanatic likes this.

Sold 2005 F250 SRW Crew Cab
AFE Cold Air Intake, KC Stage 2 Turbo, ARP Studs, 4" turbo back exhaust, and SCT with TSD tunes.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-23-2019, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I would get on YouTube and watch the videos of www.powerstrokehelp.com. Those guys are awesome. And if you call them they will answer your questions and they are very knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 14 Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnw15 View Post
Didn't have my 6.0 stolen but did end up selling it this summer and got into a nice 2016 unit. Like they are saying you are going to love that truck. Mine is only an XLT so some differences that you have on interior and screens but I got an Edge CTS to monitor most of my vitals. I just changed the oil for the first time since owning this 16 and to be honest I would rather change the 6.0 twice a week than change this one as often as I intend to. I miss the oil filter on top of the engine already.
Yeah, I'm already tracking down the various fluids, trying to see what I've got that can still be used (I have multiple 5 gallon buckets of Rotella T6 5w40, for instance, which seems like it'll be fine in the 6.7L)

So after about 600 miles in it - so far, sure, it rides nice. The interior is nice, but I miss having the center jump seat. I'll need to see what's involved in swapping that flow-through console over to the jump seat.

Honestly, though, I miss that 4" MBRP I had on the 6.0

This truck is almost too nice, if that makes sense? It feels like a big car, rather than an honest truck!
post #9 of 14 Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 3303 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter6146!! View Post
I would get on YouTube and watch the videos of www.powerstrokehelp.com. Those guys are awesome. And if you call them they will answer your questions and they are very knowledgeable.

Yeah, ummm no. You won't find many on here share your enthusiasm for crazy Bill
jman37 and Work Truck Fanatic like this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

post #10 of 14 Old Today, 06:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnw15 View Post
I hate the new filter location too, but I learned the trick is to punch a hole in the bottom of the filter (with a big nail/hammer) before you unscrew it... A lot less messy than unscrewing a full oil filter!
Work Truck Fanatic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in