• 1 Post By rogue909

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 08-18-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turning 200k and looking to upgrade

Iíve got a Ď12 f250 that I bought new, Iíll be turning 200k this year in it and want to sink some money into it to make sure itíll go another 200k. Its currently deleted w/ mini max tuner. Im thinking about doing the Ď17 turbo swap and hpfp. Also going ahead and doing the egr delete. Anything else yíall can think of I should change? I know the mini max is outdated so Iíll prob go with a different tuner. My truck does shift extremely hard sometimes going from 1-2 while driving around town. It mainly does it right after a long trip. It did it prior to deleting it but that just made it worse. Anyways open to any advice, what egr delete do yíall prefer? Been a great truck and Iíd like to get some more out of it.Turning 200k and looking to upgrade-img_2987.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-18-2019, 10:47 PM
Drunk Post Extraordinair

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone3636 View Post
Its currently deleted w/ mini max tuner... Also going ahead and doing the egr delete.

You lost me here bro.

Never heard of one deleted with the EGR intact. Iíd go ahead and put that first on the list, with a new tuner. Late model turbos and fuel systems are over my head. A solid tune and programmer will take you a long way. If you donít raw hide that turbo it should be just fine.

Free men must live simple lives and have simple pleasures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-18-2019, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old King Coal View Post
You lost me here bro.

Never heard of one deleted with the EGR intact. Iíd go ahead and put that first on the list, with a new tuner. Late model turbos and fuel systems are over my head. A solid tune and programmer will take you a long way. If you donít raw hide that turbo it should be just fine.

The shop that did it said the tune would eliminate the egr being used. And he was worried about breaking the bolt in the exhaust manifold(deleted at 110k). We didnít see the cost vs reward on removing it at the time. But now that Iíve decided to keep it, I want to go ahead and get rid of it. Is there a certain kit your prefer?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-18-2019, 11:01 PM
Drunk Post Extraordinair

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
The shop that did it said the tune would eliminate the egr being used. And he was worried about breaking the bolt in the exhaust manifold(deleted at 110k). We didnít see the cost vs reward on removing it at the time. But now that Iíve decided to keep it, I want to go ahead and get rid of it. Is there a certain kit your prefer?

Got you now man. Misunderstanding on my part.

I removed my EGR at 163k give or take. No problems for me, but the bolts breaking are a real threat. I think with the proper precautions, most of the time, things go ok. I went with No Limit Fabricationís EGR delete. There are cheap kits out there but I buy American when I can. Plus they are a site sponsor.
tbone3636 likes this.

Free men must live simple lives and have simple pleasures.

post #5 of 10 Old 08-19-2019, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old King Coal View Post
Got you now man. Misunderstanding on my part.

I removed my EGR at 163k give or take. No problems for me, but the bolts breaking are a real threat. I think with the proper precautions, most of the time, things go ok. I went with No Limit Fabricationís EGR delete. There are cheap kits out there but I buy American when I can. Plus they are a site sponsor.

Thanks for the input

Old King Coal likes this.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-19-2019, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
The 'bad' (as if there's a good...) bolt to break on the egr is the exhaust manifold bolt. Guess what you have to replace when you swap to '17 turbo?...
JJMassar likes this.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-19-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue909 View Post
The 'bad' (as if there's a good...) bolt to break on the egr is the exhaust manifold bolt. Guess what you have to replace when you swap to '17 turbo?...

Yes sir thatís why I said I wanted to go ahead and do the egr delete with the new turbo configuration. At the time when I deleted it almost 100k ago I didnít want to run the risk of snapping it off.

post #8 of 10 Old 08-20-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
SCT X4, H&S Cold Side Pipe, +17 Turbo Retrofit Kit, 2015+ HPFP, New Tunes, S&B Intake with Dry Filter and Pre-Filter(remove clear plastic cover)......maybe throw in all fluid changes if not done already.

Call it a day after that unless anything else is worn out. I just did the Retrofit Kit and HPFP upgrade with new tunes and my 2013 runs so much better than before. Plus I don't feel like it's going to **** the bed on me at any moment. Lol

post #9 of 10 Old 08-20-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMassar View Post
SCT X4, H&S Cold Side Pipe, +17 Turbo Retrofit Kit, 2015+ HPFP, New Tunes, S&B Intake with Dry Filter and Pre-Filter(remove clear plastic cover)......maybe throw in all fluid changes if not done already.

Call it a day after that unless anything else is worn out. I just did the Retrofit Kit and HPFP upgrade with new tunes and my 2013 runs so much better than before. Plus I don't feel like it's going to **** the bed on me at any moment. Lol

Thanks for the input, yea I def go with a dry filter. I work in the oil fields of West Texas and a oil coated air filter doesnít last long. Iíve been running the afe oem washable filter and it works well but I would def be looking to upgrade. Question for you, which year egr delete kit will I need if Iím going to do a 17+ retro. Does it still just need the one for 12í or newer? Also what are your thoughts on the prevention kit for even the new cp4.2 hpfp. Do you think itís worth doing that while installing the new pump?

post #10 of 10 Old 08-21-2019, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
My EGR Delete stayed the same if I remember correctly when I went with the retrofit kit. I didn't do anything with the new HPFP. Just installed it as is.

Quote:
Thanks for the input, yea I def go with a dry filter. I work in the oil fields of West Texas and a oil coated air filter doesnít last long. Iíve been running the afe oem washable filter and it works well but I would def be looking to upgrade. Question for you, which year egr delete kit will I need if Iím going to do a 17+ retro. Does it still just need the one for 12í or newer? Also what are your thoughts on the prevention kit for even the new cp4.2 hpfp. Do you think itís worth doing that while installing the new pump?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode