LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2019, 04:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmeris View Post
Yes im setting up the truck to be the tow machine it was designed to be.....plan is for a big heavy 5th wheel with garage for the Harley....retirement and traveling the country....long distance options are a must...also looking at the side kick style of aux tank , the 15 gallon ones that go up over the wheel well to carry some high test for the v-twin but not sure how to effect a nice clean way to, transfer to pump it into the bike...
Have you considered having the fuel tank in your trailer? I have a large toy hauler that has 2 fuel tanks at 30 gal/ea. One for the genny the other is for whatever. I usually just put premium and a good fuel treatment in it and it runs our 2-stroke race bikes just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZ250subguy View Post
Have you considered having the fuel tank in your trailer? I have a large toy hauler that has 2 fuel tanks at 30 gal/ea. One for the genny the other is for whatever. I usually just put premium and a good fuel treatment in it and it runs our 2-stroke race bikes just fine.
Yes that is indeed an option, many of the toy haulers have a fuel depot in them just for those purposes. The 5ver will be our retirement full time rig and will garage the Harley. We envision parking in a location for several weeks or months at a time so it seems more logical to have the aux fuel tank in the tow vehicle for ease of filling with the trade off being dealing with transferring that fuel to its consumption device or vehcile.

Was also thinking of a 2nd side kick in the bed for additional liguids, perhaos another 15 gallons of DEF to be able to utilse the pumps at truck stops vs carring the 2.5 gallon jugs around Or if we end up with aux fuel tanks in the fiver to have additional fresh water storage in the side kicks in the 450.... still researching and planning at this point so suggestions are welcome

2014 F450 PLATINUM - 6.7 stock. Tow package, FX4 package, Weather Tec matts, Factory seat covers, Roll n Lock bed cover, sprayed on bed liner, Fox 2.0 I.F.P. adjustable shocks & steering stabilizer, S&B silicone body mounts, Titan 65 gallon XXL replacement tank.....more to come
Old 08-15-2019, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grish76 View Post
Would be soo cool to have a 65 gallon Titan but good God almighty I'd hate to fill it all at once. I know it's all relevant but still.
Yup, my 1st "fill up" was $182.00 .

2014 F450 PLATINUM - 6.7 stock. Tow package, FX4 package, Weather Tec matts, Factory seat covers, Roll n Lock bed cover, sprayed on bed liner, Fox 2.0 I.F.P. adjustable shocks & steering stabilizer, S&B silicone body mounts, Titan 65 gallon XXL replacement tank.....more to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 11:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
65 gallons, that is pretty cool! How much was that set up just outta curiosity? I am looking at a 15 with a smaller tank on it and that is one of my hang ups on it. Would like to put a bigger tank on there.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaknives View Post
65 gallons, that is pretty cool! How much was that set up just outta curiosity? I am looking at a 15 with a smaller tank on it and that is one of my hang ups on it. Would like to put a bigger tank on there.
They are not cheap - you can go to titanfueltanks.com and see the msrp. I was able to get the tank and the shield delivered for $1500.00 caught a sale and free shipping on amazon.

There are other options, aux tanks instaed of replacements , and other manufactures that do steel instead of the abs plastic but at the end i chose titan

Old 08-16-2019, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Check other places also such as Summit Racing that offers free shipping or reduced shipping.

I found a seller on eBay that buys odd lots and storage lockers and got mine 5 years ago for about a $1000. Actually had it a few weeks before the truck I ordered was delivered. Then added the shield from one of the diesel sellers like Extreme.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles
Old 08-24-2019, 08:32 PM
Loud Exhaust Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Is your truck a long bed? I would love to put a 65 gal tank in my short bed.l

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmeris View Post
just installed , dealer did it and set the program for 65 gallons. On first fill up showed 999 miles to empty, stayed there for the first 20 miles or so and is now showing 750 miles to empty and gauge is at 3/4 , Said it would take a few tanks to get the averages back in line but I love it so far.
Painted the straps with a rattle can of bed liner paint , didnt like the shinny look of the straps. some pics...

'15 F350 6.7L Super Crew Cab 4wd, 37 13.50 R20 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 20x12 TIS 535b -44 offset
Front - PMF 4-link 6 inch lift
Rear - PMF 2.5 Lift from Rear Shackle Hanger Flip Kit
- No name 5" rear block
Baja Customs Tracinator tracbar
AMDP pass through egr plate
AMDP Billet aluminum Y pipe intake
SCT TS+ Livewire
Full EGR, DPF, CCV delete
5" MBRP downpipe back straight pipe
Rigid D2 fog lights, 20" Opt7 light bar
Mag-Hytech high capacity lower oil pan
Mag-Hytech high capacity transmission pan
Redhead Steering Gear Box, Helwig sway bars

Eventually I'll get around to the JL Audio 13w2 install
Old 08-26-2019, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
yes...f450 platinum...crew cab...long bed..You wont fit a 65 gallon but i think they have a 50 gallon for a short bed. go to titan fuel tank web site

Old 08-26-2019, 09:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For the SB the Titan tank is 55 gallons, best thing I've done to mine next to the delete.

2012 F 350 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab SRW
EGR Delete
DPF Delete
SCT Tuner
55 Gal Titan Fuel Tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SOLD:2004 F 350 XLT 4X4 Crew Cab SRW
SCT Programmer
ScanGauge II
GlowShift Pillar Mount & Gauges
Upgrade Fuel Regulator
6.4 Bango Bolts
EGR Delete
Coolant Filter by Me
ELC Coolant
High Idle Mod
Zoodad Mod
Old 08-26-2019, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
SB is only 50 gallons not 55.

Ford Crew Cab, Short Bed SUPER SERIES 2011-2016 (7020211)

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in