Installed Timbren SES on my 2015 SRW F350.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-12-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Installed Timbren SES on my 2015 SRW F350....

So, I was looking for something to help with sagging and handling when towing a 14,000+ fifth wheel.

I first got the Airlift 5000 Ultimate Plus, but returned it when I found out if was not a 'no drill' install. The sales guy at 4 Wheel Parts swore it was a no drill install.. but he wrong.

I then looked at other options...one of which was the Timbren SES (https://timbren.com/blog/products-page/fr350sdf/). I wound up getting a set...this may have been the better option for me: no air pressure to adjust...no worries about air on one side going when turning... no air lines to route... no compressor). The hardest part of the install was removing the stock bump stops; the nut and stud on holding these thing on were really rusted. Once the Timbrens were installed, they actually look like they could be stock/OEM.

I've not towed anything since I installed them, but am looking forward to feeling/seeing the difference. It may be a week or so till I tow something, but will share my thoughts on Timbrens after doing some towing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-14-2019, 05:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Garage
Looking forward to hearing what you find. I have the air bags and like them but not sure I will replace them when/if they fail. Might do something like this instead.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I ran the Airlift 5000 on my '12, and had zero complaints. I didn't mess with an onboard compressor. The shrader valves were placed on the back bumper, for easy access. When I bought my '16, a few months ago, I planned to do the same. But it already had/ has a set of Super Springs installed. I planned to give them a couple of chances before spending the $$$ on anything else. So far, I've made one trip with them, and wasn't impressed. I just towed my 30x102 gooseneck with 2 Jeeps (about 15K) to Missouri, and had quite a bit of sag. Then I noticed that the springs are set in the "loosest" setting. I will correct that before the next trip, to see if it makes any difference. A friend of mine just installed the Timbrens on his '15 F250, and was impressed with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dirty.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	455.4 KB
ID:	721781  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-14-2019, 08:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
I started out with Timbrens on my truck, then got a killer deal on a Airlift system with on board compressor, and there is no comparison. The ability to adjust the pressure based on load and road conditions is great, I've also had zero issues with the system.
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
ok...So here are my thoughts on the Timbren SES (https://timbren.com/blog/products-page/fr350sdf/).

Loaded with trailer: These things rock! No (or very minimal) sag...smooth ride!
Unloaded without a trailer: Stiff ride! This may be too stiff for some, but ok for me. Note: I did also install the 'extra' plate such that the Timbrens are in constant contact with frame/axle. My thoughts were that doing it this way, I'd have essentially no sag with the trailer (which is true). However, it is a stiff ride when unloaded/without a trailer.

Also, and I did not guess this was going to happen, but it corners a bit better/flatter with the Timbrens. No, I'm not talking sports car like handling, but definitely flatter. I'm a happy camper with the Timbrens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in