General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-01-2019, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Comparing my 6.7 to a 2016 6.6 Duramax

I went camping this weekend with a few friends, and one of them just purchased a 2016 Duramax. Long Box, 3500 SRW. I had just bought my 2015 F350 Platinum short box, so we were comparing the two and looking into things we liked more about one than the other. Both trucks were similarly equipped with similar features. His was an LTZ, which is probably comparable to a lariat.*

Here are some things of note:

Chevy Pros:
  • Smoother ride (likely due to longer wheelbase and independent front). However, I only rode in his truck down a gravel road for a few miles. Hard to get a full feel.*
  • side steps built in to rear bumper seemed conveniently placed
  • led lights on side mirrors facing backward for better view at night*
  • He was getting great MPG with his. Claiming up to 22 mpg unloaded, compared to my 17 mpg unloaded.*
  • Front proximity sensors as well as rear. My Ford only has rear.

Ford Pros:
  • Power fold and Power telescope mirrors. The chevy only had power fold
  • Larger infotainment screen, which looked better than the one in the chevy, IMO.*
  • Rear ac vents, not available in the chevy.*
  • Def fill next to fuel tank fill, as opposed to under the hood
  • The tailgate step seemed to be a feature that the chevy guy liked.*
  • Other things I noticed, not necessarily better or worse. The chevy seemed overall lower to the ground. Both getting in and out of the cab, and popping the hood and looking things over, the chevy just felt lower down. Not sure if it actually was or not.

Also, man was there room under the hood around that Duramax. Things were so wide open it was crazy. The intercooler charge tubes seemed smaller than the 6.7 too. I suppose all the tech under the hood of the 6.7 takes space, the duramax seemed to be more of a simple design.*

Anyway, those are just some high level things we noticed when looking over eachothers trucks. I'm not regretting my purchase by any means, but it is interesting to get an upclose look at another truck to see the pros and cons compared to what I currently have.*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode