General 6.7 Discussion (2011-2016) General 6.7 Discussion

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 Old 11-23-2018, 07:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree with the handle. You don’t need to be getting older to need it. These pickups sit up high. All you have to be is under 6’4” to need the handle.

I got the gauge pod on amazon. The part I like about it, that you others may not like, is the pod just basically sits on top of the stock trim Panel. You can secure it with double sided tape or Velcro, which is what I used, but there is no half the dash being ripped apart to mount it.

Auto Meter (15025 2-1/16" Single Dash Pod https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O0MX18W..._kjc-BbF0NB7TR

2011 F350 CC SRW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 11-23-2018, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
Does anyone use the SCT GTX? I'm looking at this:

SCT GTX Performance Tuner & Monitor 2011-2016 Ford 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel

This way I could have everything in one and I could sell the X4 and my CTS2, as this looks like both products in 1. The only thing I'll have to figure out is on the tune options I can add 1 which raises the price by $150 or select all 4 which doesn't raise the price at all? Anyway, for anyone using this how is it working out for you? My only complaint with the Edge is that it doesn't fit well in the 6.7s, this one doesn't look much smaller though. The wireless connection and updating seem like a convenience though.

No Limit Edge CTS2 clean Mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clayton
2016 F250 6.7 FX4 Lariat Ingot Silver
2015 Jayco 267BHSW
post #23 of 27 Old 11-26-2018, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks guys! I was holding out for some Cyber Monday sales hoping some of the stuff at No Limit would go on sale but unfortunately it didn't lol.

Anyway I ended up with the SCT GTX with Tyrant tunes. I decided that I'll just get the 4 tune packs since I know that when I lend the truck to someone I don't want them to have a ton of power but I like to have power so instead of getting two tunes I may as well get all 4. Also I ended up getting the GTX so I could sell the SCT X4 and Edge CTS 2 to recoup some money so by the time I sell them I'll be in like $100 for a new device plus the cost of tunes.

For the delete pipe I ended up with a MBRP simply because it was the cheapest one I could find. I haven't gotten an EGR delete yet, is that something that I absolutely have to have for this to work or is that something that I can add later on down the road?
rogersbonntr likes this.

2005 F-350 Lariat, studded, Sinister diesel EGR delete, Sinister diesel coolant filter, MBRP 4" straight pipe, Banks ram air intake, SCT X4 tuner, blue spring, EGT sensor, fuel pressure sensor, 4" lift, 08 style mirrors, 35x12.5R20 Toyo RT

SOLD:
2006 Ford F-250 King Ranch FX4 crew cab short bed
4" flood lights for back up lights, High idle switch, 2008-16 tail lights, 2011-16 style 6.0 Powerstroke badging, Edge Insight CTS2, Blue spring mod, Viofo A119 dash cam, 275/70R18 BFG KO2, 2017 style mirrors, 2.5" lift coils, F-350 blocks in the rear, Riffraff CAC boots, Backup camera with spot lights in the rear, SCT X4 tuner, Fab Fours black steel series bumper with pre-runner guard, Mishimoto coolant filter, 4" Diamond eye turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, 7.3L Fan clutch (Hayden 2835), Spyder LED tube projector headlights

2011 F-350 King Ranch FX4 crew cab long bed 325/65R18 BFG KO2, 18x8.5 American Eagle Alloy Hardrock series 0168, Steelcraft Elevation Bullnose Front Bumper, 20" front light bar, MBRP 4" DPF delete competition pipe, SCT GTX tuner with Tyrant tunes, Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit, Auxbeam LED headlights and fog lights, platinum style grill, black mirror lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 Old 11-26-2018, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
You can add the EGR delete at anytime. Just unplug the electrical connectors.
Red Ford likes this.
post #25 of 27 Old 12-02-2018, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Dumb newbie question, can you just unplug the connectors and run a Delete tune but not dismount the big *** exhaust system? Basically keep the same piping? Or will it not flow right?

Thanks all.

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
post #26 of 27 Old 12-03-2018, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
You need to remove it as it will in a short time period plug the filter. Leaving it in place you will need to hollow it out (stealth delete).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrTommy likes this.

2012011 F-250 6.7 CCSB Lariat, GH/AS & Tyrant Tuned, H&S Mini Maxx, H&S Intercooler Pipe Upgrade, Flow Pro 5" Down Pipe Back Exhaust, No Limit Stage 2 Intake, Carli Backcountry 2.0 w/ Caril SS, 37 x 12.5 R20 Nitto Trail Grappler MT, 20 x 9 MotoMetal Rims 5" BS (0) Offset.
post #27 of 27 Old 12-03-2018, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Excellent info, thanks JHTX!

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode