15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 Old 10-16-2018, 05:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats on the new set up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 F350 CCLB Lariat/ EZ Lynk Tyrant tuned/deleted/15+turbo swap/No limit stage 2 intake/H&S silicone CAC pipe/5 exhaust/2.5 BDS Leveling kit on 35s/Fox shocks/20 XD grenades
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 10-17-2018, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which do I buy now?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford View Post
I'm one of you guys now!

Sorry,

Not to high-jack this thread or anything, Congrats BTW for getting the new ride--very sweet, but I was lead to believe that the 2008-2012 were to be avoided like the plague? In hindsight, I am not realizing I don't remember who said that and they didn't justify it with any facts. Is it the 6.4 08-10 models that should be avoided?

I ask because (some will recognize) I am truck shopping and although the 03-07 6.0's have tons of high priced issues, they are known and can be monitored, so I was looking in that vain. But I do love the 11-12 body style and interior.

I would potentially spend the extra money for the 6.7 if they are a little more reliable, i.e.: just worry about the turbo and maybe proactively swap it for peace of mind and then just have a bigger payment (I have to finance, no choice in that matter.)

The 6.0 forum has been SUPER helpful in my research but I do love the 6.7's as well.

Now I'm totally conflicted! LOL

Thanks everyone. Again, congrats on the new truck!

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
post #33 of 36 Old 10-17-2018, 02:28 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to backhoebill
If I had to finance, my choice is clear. 6.7 all day long. I own a 6.0 I bought new in 06 and it has been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned at 277,000 miles now. But my 6.7 is so much more capable and without potential problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'06 F250 4x4, 280,xxx hard miles, ARP studded and o-ringed, Bulletproof EGR cooler, IPR coolant filter, blue spring, CSF 6028 intercooler, KC S2R, 4" turbo back, SPD & Herc FICM tune, SCT Livewire, PI converter, occasional Archoil, Mobil 1 Synthetic, Cat elc, Warn bumper and 16.5 winch in front & aftermarket mystery bumper in rear, dent in floorboard under throttle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 Old 10-17-2018, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverjosh View Post
Sorry,

Not to high-jack this thread or anything, Congrats BTW for getting the new ride--very sweet, but I was lead to believe that the 2008-2012 were to be avoided like the plague? In hindsight, I am not realizing I don't remember who said that and they didn't justify it with any facts. Is it the 6.4 08-10 models that should be avoided?

I ask because (some will recognize) I am truck shopping and although the 03-07 6.0's have tons of high priced issues, they are known and can be monitored, so I was looking in that vain. But I do love the 11-12 body style and interior.

I would potentially spend the extra money for the 6.7 if they are a little more reliable, i.e.: just worry about the turbo and maybe proactively swap it for peace of mind and then just have a bigger payment (I have to finance, no choice in that matter.)

The 6.0 forum has been SUPER helpful in my research but I do love the 6.7's as well.

Now I'm totally conflicted! LOL

Thanks everyone. Again, congrats on the new truck!
Six seven all day long. There is little chance of a turbo issue on the 11-14s if you don't run a crazy hot tune.
post #35 of 36 Old 10-17-2018, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Ok, so what would you guys go as an upper limit on mileage on the 6.7? Were the type of family to drive vehicles into the ground. I plan on keeping this truck until Im dead. Which will hopefully be a loooong time from now. So to get a 6.7 into my price range, Ill need high mileage but I dont to start at 250k...

Thoughts?
I think its time to head to the 6.7 forum.

Thanks everyone!

When it comes to mechanics, everything I know is from either breaking it or watching someone else do the same. Then I had to fix it....Is that bad?

Murphy's Law: "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance."
post #36 of 36 Old 10-18-2018, 01:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
To delete the 6.7l you will need a programmer to tune it otherwise the sensors will put you into limp mode lol. Basically it's not like the days of old where you could just throw a pipe inline and call it good the computer is having none of it. You can do it all yourself no problem at all but if you want error free driving a special tune program is needed to basically feed dummy numbers to the computer. If you have a code reader for instance your exhaust will always read like 800 degrees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode